Star Wars The Book of Boba Fett

Remove this Banner Ad

Speaking of pace, did anyone else feel like the Speeder chase was slow as anything? The only thing that felt like it had any speed there was the chariot ball droid thing.
I gotta say that chase scene didn’t quite do it for me. Can’t quite put my finger on exactly why, it just seemed slow at times. They don’t particularly look imposing enough to be his muscle, maybe it will grow on me. However first impressions, it seems a bit out of place.
Someone else said already, but did that whole speeder race feel like it slow and just very odd… and without trying to be too picky those really bright colours of purple and yellow BMX bikes was regally off putting..
As far as the pace of the show, I don’t mind it, I trust theses guys know what they are doing.

And the floating irons......with the retro side mirrors. just odd. the getaway car appeared more time appropriate.

the-speeder-chase-in-boba-fett-was-a-huge-disappointment-for-fans-1641999786.webp

getting-away-simpsons.gif

2255e1af-72c5-46ba-bc74-223cd3721171_text.gif

Mar 21, 2008
FNQ
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Devils, Tigers & Jackjumpers
I didn't know someone could feel so passionately about Obi-Wan and Han having a pre-existing relationship prior to ANH.
Do you ever actually say anything of substance?
I have no idea if those paragraphs were in reference to my comment or not. I only scanned over them as I'm completely lost.
First line obviously, but after that not necessarily. The rest of it is not difficult, mate.

It's called discussion, guys. It's why we're here. I'll ramble about this inherently stupid but fun subject called SW in any way I choose, and you can choose to answer back or whatever. It does go back and forth, so be ready for that. Everything I wrote makes sense...the differentiation will be whether you like it or not. All good from my end. Is that ok with you?

Do you ever actually say anything of substance?

First line obviously, but after that not necessarily. The rest of it is not difficult, mate.

It's called discussion, guys. It's why we're here. I'll ramble about this inherently stupid but fun subject called SW in any way I choose, and you can choose to answer back or whatever. It does go back and forth, so be ready for that. Everything I wrote makes sense...the differentiation will be whether you like it or not. All good from my end. Is that ok with you?

Strange response, I was just genuinely surprised at how much you're written about why Han and Obi-Wan should have a pre-existing relationship. Sorry if that gets your back up.

Sep 10, 2010
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Toronto Maple Leafs
I dunno guys. That episode was pretty terrible.

The youths. Ignoring the garish design that fits no-where else on Tatooine as we knew it, why are they risking their life for a guy the have limited investment in? They're literally introduced as angsty teens, and the moment Black K showed up at the palace the more believable thing would have been for them to say screw this and leave.

Speaking of Black K, he gets 5 seconds of menacing, then gets trapped. Nek Minnet he's swapped for a baby rancor and him and the Hutts are off-world. What a waste! The pacing of this series is all over the place, and I'm beginning to think the end of episode reveal should have been built for an end of series reveal. Put some time into the twins and Black K. Make it feel like their withdrawal has some gravitas, or at least more than some data-entry clerk checking things of his to-do list.

And the biggest annoyance so far, is that the far more competent Shand is subservient to Fett. That needs explaining far more than a slow speed power ranger chase.

If this wasn't SW, and if Favreau didn't have some credits in the bank from The Mandalorian, I'd be switching off by now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I dunno guys. That episode was pretty terrible.

The youths. Ignoring the garish design that fits no-where else on Tatooine as we knew it, why are they risking their life for a guy the have limited investment in? They're literally introduced as angsty teens, and the moment Black K showed up at the palace the more believable thing would have been for them to say screw this and leave.

Speaking of Black K, he gets 5 seconds of menacing, then gets trapped. Nek Minnet he's swapped for a baby rancor and him and the Hutts are off-world. What a waste! The pacing of this series is all over the place, and I'm beginning to think the end of episode reveal should have been built for an end of series reveal. Put some time into the twins and Black K. Make it feel like their withdrawal has some gravitas, or at least more than some data-entry clerk checking things of his to-do list.

And the biggest annoyance so far, is that the far more competent Shand is subservient to Fett. That needs explaining far more than a slow speed power ranger chase.

If this wasn't SW, and if Favreau didn't have some credits in the bank from The Mandalorian, I'd be switching off by now.

I mean Shand being subservient was explained in Mandalorian, but other than that can't help but agree, the pacing in this show is all over the place.

Krrsantan should have pulled someone's arm out of the socket.

Not sure how they missed that one.

Had the same thought! For a species talked up for their physical strength, he really took it easy on Fett.

And speaking of, the way Fett addressed him at the end made it seem like they'd never met despite that being established background. Not the end of the world but it did give a weird vibe.

Regarding the pacing, maybe at one stage episodes 1 and 2 were both part of the same first episode, before it blew out too much and it had to become two? It would mean you've introduced the Mayor, the Pykes, the bikes, the Twins, Krrsantan and the whole Boba becomes accepted by the Tusken storylines in the first episode, then this third episode (which would become the second) would purposely play on expectations by flipping a few things around, revealing that Boba vs the Mayor, bikies and Pykes is seemingly the real storyline for the season.

As it stands you've got this weird thing where we spent two episodes building up the Tuskens and in a flash they seem gone, built up to Hutts and Krrsantan to an extent and then by the end of the third episode they're forgotten.

I guess we just have to wait and see where this is going but it does seem out of whack at the moment.

Sep 10, 2010
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Toronto Maple Leafs
And speaking of, the way Fett addressed him at the end made it seem like they'd never met despite that being established background. Not the end of the world but it did give a weird vibe.
Agreed, it just adds to the feeling of BF not feeling like BF. Which in itself hasn't been used as a story piece, so it makes it feel like Favreau and Rodriguez aren't 100% up on the EU source material.

Compared to The Mandalorian, I feel very iffy about Rodriguez' influence on this series. It just seems kinda... off. And the more I think about it, the more I feel like the 'youths' are from Spy Kids or Sharkboy and Lavagirl.

Regarding the pacing, maybe at one stage episodes 1 and 2 were both part of the same first episode, before it blew out too much and it had to become two? It would mean you've introduced the Mayor, the Pykes, the bikes, the Twins, Krrsantan and the whole Boba becomes accepted by the Tusken storylines in the first episode, then this third episode (which would become the second) would purposely play on expectations by flipping a few things around, revealing that Boba vs the Mayor, bikies and Pykes is seemingly the real storyline for the season.

As it stands you've got this weird thing where we spent two episodes building up the Tuskens and in a flash they seem gone, built up to Hutts and Krrsantan to an extent and then by the end of the third episode they're forgotten.

I guess we just have to wait and see where this is going but it does seem out of whack at the moment.

I heard the same theory given that ep 1 has so little hook or intrigue to it, felt like 1 & 2 were part of the same episode.

As you say though I think we'll need to wait to see the whole season to judge how it plays out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back