Star Wars The Book of Boba Fett

Oct 29, 2007
Perth Western Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Eh I didn't mind it. Seems like a decent enough story going forward with hopefully some better action sequences with a gang war no doubt on the cards.

I actually liked that gang he recruited but HATED that chase scene , it was like a video game in slow motion lol. I mean if Luke/Leia can ride swoop bikes at stupid speeds through a dense rain Forrest and not hit anything then I'm sure they could have had a similar sequence in the city.

Season 1 of Mando was very iffy even after a second watch but it did have great action sequences. Where as season 2 it really picked up with the plot and had some awesome moments.

I really do hope they go off world at some point in his ship. Is there a season 2 ? or is this just a 7 episode thing?

Mar 21, 2008
FNQ
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Devils, Tigers & Jackjumpers
There are references to the nature of rancors in one of the Legends novels, the one with the Witches of Dathomir. They are described as more docile, and went a bit far in giving them sentient intelligence. Also, I found this old photo in a book in the garage I probably haven't opened this century, a compilation of Topps Trading Cards artwork released in the early 1990's. An artist imagined Boba relentlessly hunting down Solo, and I imagine the throwaway line about riding beasts ten times bigger might have come from here, as well as the holiday special:
img085.jpg

They're really de-villainising the rancors and tuskens aren't they.

Were they ever inherently villains? The Rancor was already 'devillainised' by having its trainer crying over its death in ROTJ, you feel sorry for it as it's just a tool of Jabba's. The Sand People we're made to feel sorry for in Ep 2 when Anakin admits to slaughtering the women and children as well as the men. They're going further into it, but I wouldn't say they were ever portrayed as villains in the movies.

Aug 21, 2008
AFL Club
Adelaide
Were they ever inherently villains? The Rancor was already 'devillainised' by having its trainer crying over its death in ROTJ, you feel sorry for it as it's just a tool of Jabba's. The Sand People we're made to feel sorry for in Ep 2 when Anakin admits to slaughtering the women and children as well as the men. They're going further into it, but I wouldn't say they were ever portrayed as villains in the movies.

Yeah probably an awkward choice of description by me.

I am enjoying both getting more fleshed out.

I dunno, people used spoiler tags for the second episode...

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk
Nobody wants to come in and see a page of spoiler tags. If you haven't watched it yet and are worried about spoilers don't open the thread.

glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal, New York Yankees
Nobody wants to come in and see a page of spoiler tags. If you haven't watched it yet and are worried about spoilers don't open the thread.

I do something similar, I see the notifications around 7.30/7.45pm however I usually get around to the episode later on at nighttime. I avoid the thread itself until I’ve seen the episode, then check back in afterwards.

Yeah espically the bikes they looked too much like real bikes.

Apart from that i quite enjoyed this episode little less flashbacks and more present day stuff. The present day stuff is when the show works best imo

Is it? Thought this episode was the worst and it spent the most time in the present.

Sep 2, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Is it? Thought this episode was the worst and it spent the most time in the present.

I like the flashback stuff but last week there was too much of it.

tbh was never really a fan of Boba Fett I find Fennec Shand way more engaging and interesting she's a total bad ass

I think the show has been ok rather then great so far.

Yeah espically the bikes they looked too much like real bikes.

Apart from that i quite enjoyed this episode little less flashbacks and more present day stuff. The present day stuff is when the show works best imo
I think they looked too clean and perfect for a place like that where everything else looks like it's done a tour in sandblaster or tumble drier.

Like they walked onto the wrong set from a DC superhero series

Back