Mar 14, 2002
Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
216696DD-9A4F-4E5E-8DA2-F0F5BEA8F75E.jpeg
Righto…

Did I hear Boba say “a few years ago” when they turned up at the Pit?

How long was he down the Pit and out with the Tuskans?

I thought this was a few weeks after the end of RoJ?

My timeline is all out of whack

I'd say...

A few years.

csi miami deal with it GIF

glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal, New York Yankees
There did seem to be a bit of a time jump forward in the flashback sequences (if that makes sense). The opening few episodes, from escaping the sarlaac to then the train heist sequence, that seemed to take place over say 3-4 weeks maybe? Maybe even a few months? However he did say "all those years ago" when coming back to the sarlaac with Fennec to search for his armour, so it seems after the Tusken ambush he was somehow out and about by himself for a couple of years.

Aug 21, 2008
AFL Club
Adelaide
It's a desert planet and they were unemployed, you try being a fat unemployed Gamorrean having to run in sand to a palace and back and keep your shape instead of getting toned.

Nerf herding weight management ambassadors.

Were they even that much skinnier anyway?
The Gamorreans in ROTJ had a whole bunch of clothes on which made them look chunkier. Don't look much difference in the face.
Maybe that's just what they look like shirtless

Oct 5, 2007
Punt Road
AFL Club
Richmond
Im enjoying this show for the fact that there's nothing else on, and its star wars and related to the Mando. But something is amiss and i dont know what it is.

I think, for me, it’s lacks an end goal or a purpose.

What is Fett trying to achieve, what are we rooting for?

In Mando, we wanted him to save Grogurt and get him to a safe place. In the SW movies, we were hoping for destruction of the Death Star and the downfall of the empire. In R1, we wanted them to get the plans.

I don’t know what I’m hoping for here. Peace on Tatooine?

In Mando, we wanted him to save Grogurt and get him to a safe place. In the SW movies, we were hoping for destruction of the Death Star and the downfall of the empire. In R1, we wanted them to get the plans.

haha

1642733238478.jpeg

With me, this has purpose and it's largely to have Fett installed as Daimyo of Tatooine to flesh out his character from "rando bounty hunter #4" aka guy everyone just thought looked cool but had no substance. it gives him a purpose to exist further instead of just the budget historical Mando since reappearing. The issue for me is he's not a leading man to carry the weight. It's why the twins rocked up with big bad wookie to be all huff and puff before buggering off as ooo, scary presence lookit muh puffed chest.

Pedro sold Mando as a character to make his narrative work with a puppet, Temuera doesn't have that same impact in the role with people, so the "weaker" writing sticks out more, since these are generally like 1990's sitcom length of 20mins + adverts so majority has to land.

You then get into things like, Imperial remnants tend to have more nuance than random pirate cartel, so there's also a juggle between how much time spent fleshing Boba out, how much time in the current to make the narrative move and which trial of the week is faced and surpassed. So feels a bit meh in action comparatively.

Back