Star Wars The Book of Boba Fett

Remove this Banner Ad

It's probably because I had to take a call half-way through the latest episode and missed a good chunk of the second half of the episode, but I'm totally nonplussed by this series now. I can see where peternorth is coming from. Why I should care about Boba Fett and Fennec Shand, as the two principal protagonists, has not yet been made clear to me just yet. I haven't yet summoned up the requisite amount of effort to go back onto Disney+ to watch what I missed.

It seems inevitable that Boba will fight the Gamora (whatever their name is), be facing total annihilation only to have everyone unite under his name (all the crime clans, the Tusken Raiders, the cyberbikers and any other groups that have been touched upon in this series) at the last second to force them off Tatooine.

While I want to like it, this series has been underwhelming. It hasn't drawn me in.

There has been at least one plot point an episode where a group or individual has completely failed to live up to the reputation set out for them by the script leading up to that point or just failed to act with common sense in order to better their situation/ complete their mission.

And it is done (Tuscans and the train, Tuscans vs the bikers, the Wookie vs Boba and the bacta tank) just to move the plot along. Its just lazy or poor writing.

I'll watch the last two episodes and hope for an improvement but I'm expecting some fan service and a predicable plot.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Mando is definitely going to be in this, I'm sure that was Mando theme music at the end when Fennac said 'money can be muscle' or something like that.

Still don't like the Cyberpunk stuff. Star Wars has kept away from that, cybernetics is only used for medical reasons, not enhancements and upgrades to regular human ability. It definitely doesn't feel like Star Wars, and it especially doesn't fit in with Mos Espa. Large parts of that episode didn't to be honest, felt like generic sci fi stuff, but it was still fun. The music didn't bother me though.

Slave 1 I swear used to have a gun in the middle of the ship just under the cockpit, it definitely has more cannons than just the two in the bottom.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

It seems inevitable that Boba will fight the Gamora (whatever their name is), be facing total annihilation only to have everyone unite under his name (all the crime clans, the Tusken Raiders, the cyberbikers and any other groups that have been touched upon in this series) at the last second to force them off Tatooine.

While I want to like it, this series has been underwhelming. It hasn't drawn me in.

There has been at least one plot point an episode where a group or individual has completely failed to live up to the reputation set out for them by the script leading up to that point or just failed to act with common sense in order to better their situation/ complete their mission.

And it is done (Tuscans and the train, Tuscans vs the bikers, the Wookie vs Boba and the bacta tank) just to move the plot along. Its just lazy or poor writing.

I'll watch the last two episodes and hope for an improvement but I'm expecting some fan service and a predicable plot.

Have to agree with most of this and your first line is exactly how it will end.

I found the crime corporation meeting to be underwhelming. I do admit to a moment of 'yeah finally' when I expected(wanted) Fett to shoot under the table at the big mouth - only to discover the noise was Rancor barking up.

''why should we join you - we can sit back and watch'

''Because by doing nothing you can watch me get over run , then watch the next person get over run - when do you decide to start fighting back? I decide its time now''

But I still would have shot him

Have to agree with most of this and your first line is exactly how it will end.

I found the crime corporation meeting to be underwhelming. I do admit to a moment of 'yeah finally' when I expected(wanted) Fett to shoot under the table at the big mouth - only to discover the noise was Rancor barking up.

''why should we join you - we can sit back and watch'

''Because by doing nothing you can watch me get over run , then watch the next person get over run - when do you decide to start fighting back? I decide its time now''

But I still would have shot him
Greycrow shot first.

I think what we're finding out is that back in the day Boba's thing was he looked cool and was very mysterious.

As they removed his helmet and now gave him more of a fleshed out back story he's really not that interesting of a character.

His mystique is now gone and he's just a run of the mill Star Wars character. Too the point Black Krrsantan is more entertaining.

Should have been called The Look Of Yoda Wett

469208851-resize-56a6360b5f9b58b7d0e06c0f.jpg

Surprised by the positive reviews of this episode. My wife turned to me about halfway through and asked if I was enjoying this. The answer was no, the first half was dire. From Boba telling the Bantha to go make baby Banthas to chasing a ridiculous robot around like it was Looney Tunes, it continued the diminishing of what made Boba Fett interesting. Plus, he’s still offering everyone he sees a job, it seems.

Also, a lot of people thought we were getting an Underworld show that explored crime in the Star Wars galaxy and here we are with a couple of episodes left and they’ve barely touched on it really.

Got better once they broke out of Jabba’s palace. Hope they have something good in mind for the end.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surprised by the positive reviews of this episode. My wife turned to me about halfway through and asked if I was enjoying this. The answer was no, the first half was dire. From Boba telling the Bantha to go make baby Banthas to chasing a ridiculous robot around like it was Looney Tunes, it continued the diminishing of what made Boba Fett interesting. Plus, he’s still offering everyone he sees a job, it seems.

Also, a lot of people thought we were getting an Underworld show that explored crime in the Star Wars galaxy and here we are with a couple of episodes left and they’ve barely touched on it really.

Got better once they broke out of Jabba’s palace. Hope they have something good in mind for the end.
You were never going to enjoy this, you were obviously expecting some kind of Star Wars Underbelly, which this was never ever going to be. It's not a prefect show, there are many valid criticisms, which many here have pointed out, but you can't complain because it doesn't meet your obscure expectations.

The Boba Fett short doco thing was pretty cool, but I was disappointed that they didn't show any footage of Boba voiced by Jeremy Bulloch. Felt a little insulting. They gave him a nice tribute but without acknowledging his voice was replaced in 2004 it's a little award imo.

I quite like this show. Boba's life hit the skids in the Sarlac pit. He hit rock bottom from his life as a cold, ruthless killer and bounty hunter. The Sand people gave him something he never had before, a family. They showed him there's more to life than just putting your own life at risk for some boss who couldn't give a crap about whether you live or die. Family is something he's never experienced as a clone. This changed him, he's realized there's a better way to live than what he's experienced all his life before this. He wants to try to create a scenario on Tatooine where life isn't so cheap, and people like him can feel they're protected and valued with him as the boss. Who knows if it'll work, but this is his play. This is not Boba from TESB or ROTJ, this is a man who's looking for something more. He's grown.

Last edited:
Surprised by the positive reviews of this episode. My wife turned to me about halfway through and asked if I was enjoying this. The answer was no, the first half was dire. From Boba telling the Bantha to go make baby Banthas to chasing a ridiculous robot around like it was Looney Tune...

I can't help but think so much of what we want from Boba made it to Mando instead (quiet, rarely out of costume, etc), so they've had to add in humour and that to difference it.

Not that humour is needed but if it were, then Mando had a lot of visual humour and supporting characters to do it.

You were never going to enjoy this, you were obviously expecting some kind of Star Wars Underbelly, which this was never ever going to be. It's not a prefect show, there are many valid criticisms, which many here have pointed out, but you can't complain because it doesn't meet your obscure expectations.
I wasn’t really expecting anything. I did, however, notice quite a few people posting that we were finally going to get a version of Underworld exploring crime in the Star Wars galaxy based on the trailer showing him meeting with all the crime families. So not exactly obscure. Personally, I would have preferred some version of the Bounty Hunter Wars with a Boba more consistent at least from the outset with what made him popular.

I quite like this show. Boba's life hit the skids in the Sarlac pit. He hit rock bottom from his life as a cold, ruthless killer and bounty hunter. The Sand people gave him something he never had before, a family. They showed him there's more to life than just hunting and killing people for money. For putting your own life at risk for some boss who couldn't give a crap about whether you live or die. Something he's never experienced as a clone. This changed him, and while he still wants to be the one in charge, he's realized there's a better way to do it than what he's experienced all his life before this and he wants to try to make it happen on Tatooine. Who knows if it'll work, but this is his play. This is not Boba from TESB or ROTJ, this is a man who's looking for something more. He's grown.
I think you’re filling in the gaps there with narrative beats the series hasn’t developed fully or shown. If we had seen the Tuskens slowly open his eyes, that would have been great, but he was pretty soft from the outset, sparing younglings and trying to help other prisoners. The closest it’s come to a good explanation is him saying he’s tired of risking his life for other people. That’s something to build on but it’s come late. The show is not terrible, but I don’t think the writers possess the skill to show fully what you have described.

Never considered it to be soft for sparing that young Tusken. To me it just seemed to be part of his professional “code”, no killing of kids. Many assassins/bounty hunters appear to have some kind of line that won’t be crossed, and I presumed it to be that way with Boba.

Great ep, who was it saying we were unlikely to get dismemberments in SW? Set up well with the final set of flashbacks to launch fully into the present day story over the last 4 eps.

I think you’re filling in the gaps there with narrative beats the series hasn’t developed fully or shown. If we had seen the Tuskens slowly open his eyes, that would have been great, but he was pretty soft from the outset, sparing younglings and trying to help other prisoners. The closest it’s come to a good explanation is him saying he’s tired of risking his life for other people. That’s something to build on but it’s come late. The show is not terrible, but I don’t think the writers possess the skill to show fully what you have described.
That's your opinion and good luck to you. We can all see different things in the same show sometimes. I totally get what I described from what I have seen so far. But it's not laid out for you plainly, which is why I think some people don't get it. But, hey, I do agree the storytelling is a bit clunky sometimes, which doesn't help.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back