Stage The Book of Mormon

Remove this Banner Ad

Hello!

Saw this last night, my first ever experience going to the theatre.. but when it was announced having heard feedback on it and knowing who was behind it we had to go.
Brought tickets December 2015 and was well worth the wait.

Hilarious, offensive and just plain fantastic.. highly recommend for anyone considering it

Couldn't find anything here on it so thought I would start one considering how well known and popular the show is, and that it is now playing in Melbourne

I'm the same, never been to the Broadway before as it never appealed to me.
But i am a massive South Park fan and I have not heard a bad word about the show.
I've got tickets to see it in early April

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

I will be in New York in October and have never had an interest in seeing a show at Broadway.

Wife is pushing hard to get me to this.

Will it be worthwhile seeing this, and what is the premise of the play ?
Yep absolutely worth seeing it.
I don't want to give it away, but basically it is a story about 2 junior Morman missionaries who get sent overseas to do their 2 years of service or whatever they call it.
Knowing that the creators are Trey Parker and Matt Stone probably gives away loosely what you are in for

Saw it in London and cried with laughter the entire time. I went in not knowing what it was about which made it so much better. 11/10.

I thought the first half prior to the intermission wasn't that funny but I understand it is required to set up the story.

The 2nd half was very good, very funny.
Yeah I laughed at the first half but I thought the 2nd half was funnier as well.
The 'play' in the 2nd half by the Villagers literally had me laughing non stop and potentially far too loudly

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bought tickets over a year in advance (accidently, thought it was a 2016 show) and absolutely loved it.

I'm not usually a fan of muwicals at all but found this to be very entertaining from start to finish. Highly recommended for anyone who is thinking about it.

Hello!

Saw this last night, my first ever experience going to the theatre.. but when it was announced having heard feedback on it and knowing who was behind it we had to go.
Brought tickets December 2015 and was well worth the wait.

Hilarious, offensive and just plain fantastic.. highly recommend for anyone considering it

Couldn't find anything here on it so thought I would start one considering how well known and popular the show is, and that it is now playing in Melbourne
I'm a huge musical theatre nerd, cannot wait for this one. Going to see it in March.

I am lucky enough to have seen this twice over the past couple of years - once in London and once in New York - and I cannot recommend it highly enough.

Unfortunately it looks unlikely that I will be seeing it here in Melbourne but cannot stress how worthwhile it is to anyone who has not yet seen it.

Saw it a couple of weeks ago, easily one of the best Musicals I have seen and I think the Aus cast were really really good.

Usually the sign that something is really good is if my wife likes it as well as me, and she loved it.

Last edited:
Saw it on Broadway in 2015, seeing it again in Melbourne in March. Fans of South Park can't go wrong, though it's more sincere and can be enjoyed by non-fans too.

Saw it a couple of weeks ago, easily one of the best Musicals I have seen and I think the Aus cast were really really good.

Usually the sign that something is really good is if my wife likes it as well as me, and she loved it.
I'm no expert but I've since whacked the soundtrack on my spotify and it may have just been me caught up in being there but I think the Melbourne cast stacked up really well to me probably preferring the voices I saw live

I'm no expert but I've since whacked the soundtrack on my spotify and it may have just been me caught up in being there but I think the Melbourne cast stacked up really well to me probably preferring the voices I saw live

Yeah i have done the same. The bloke who played cunningham in america originally, is also olaf from frozen and his voice annoys me.

Also imo the african cast sounded heaps better live in aus

Yeah i have done the same. The bloke who played cunningham in america originally, is also olaf from frozen and his voice annoys me.

Also imo the african cast sounded heaps better live in aus
Agree 100%

Our Cunningham is better (even if he isn't an Aussie and isn't limited to just playing the role here) but he was fantastic

Agree 100%

Our Cunningham is better (even if he isn't an Aussie and isn't limited to just playing the role here) but he was fantastic

I think because it's so americanised they have no choice but to ship in a yank and a canuck to play the main roles. Wouldn't work properly with an aussie.

I think because it's so americanised they have no choice but to ship in a yank and a canuck to play the main roles. Wouldn't work properly with an aussie.
Yeah you are spot on there I reckon

Remove this Banner Ad

Back