Racing The 'Bool, May 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Why was there no thread about this previously?

Anyway, I'll just be place multi-ing Weir runners each day, and assume I'll be drinking beer at the end of it.
Weir on the board after winning the jumps race 2.

TAB had a market on which trainer would have most winners. Weir was a prohibitive $1.18.

Also had and over and unders bet. Weir to train 8 plus winners $2 and $1.80 against

Quite simple that the racing rules apply to some and not to others.
Thought you weren't allowed to continuously whip a horse for more than 100m.
Pateman in the Brierly decided to whip all the way from the last jump to the winning post. Probably cost the second horse the race, but nothing said.

Pateman in the Brierly decided to whip all the way from the last jump to the winning post. Probably cost the second horse the race, but nothing said.

You can whip as many times as you want, as long as they're not consecutive stride, I believe.

EDIT: In jumps racing, that is.

2nd EDIT:

NEW LR 53A: USE OF WHIP IN JUMPING RACES

LR 53A Use of whip in jumping races

(1) Further to the provisions of AR 137A(10), and for the purpose of AR 137A(5) (a) and (b) only:

(a) In a jumps race, official jumps trial or jump-out (including a jumps schooling event) prior to the 100 metre mark;

(i) The whip shall not be used in consecutive strides.

(ii) The whip shall not be used on more than 10 occasions.

(iii) The rider may at his discretion use the whip with a slapping motion down the shoulder, with the whip hand remaining on the reins.

(b) In the final 100 metres of a jumps race, official jumps trial or jump-out (including a jumps schooling event) a rider may only use his whip in non-consecutive strides.

I approve of this well needed 'encouragement'

The whip controversy made its way down to Warrnambool on Tuesday with stewards fining both the winner and runner-up in the opening day's feature following a stirring finish to the Brierly Steeplechase.

Stewards fined both the winner Steven Pateman (Zed Em) and the runner-up John Allen (Now And Zen) $400 each for using their whips 11 times before the 100-metre mark. Pateman was then given another $300 fine for using his whip in consecutive strides.

There you go mate. :)

Poppiholla needs to remove itself from land, into the ocean.

5/6 dropped.

Pretty sure this has sucked me in before - although hard to remember which race it was given its started fave 7 times since last spring for 1 win

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is Ulmann another Weir?

Yes - another reason the non jumps races I find impossible. Was tossing up between it and Tolopea for my Weir runner.

It's hard enough trying to find which Weir runner will get home first let alone which horse will win the flat races.

No problems with blood in the mouth generally just a pulled tooth. Happens a lot.
The blood itself probably wasn't the issue, it was how hard he would've hit his head and what effect that had on him.

I don't know how hard but the jock got off and said he (Jungle Edge) wasn't in the right headspace after that. Yeah, thanks for that.

The blood itself probably wasn't the issue, it was how hard he would've hit his head and what effect that had on him.

I don't know how hard but the jock got off and said he (Jungle Edge) wasn't in the right headspace after that. Yeah, thanks for that.

Yeah personally not sure a vet should account for head space. Head injuries aside from eyes (for me) should be going around.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back