Club History The Boomer Harvey memorial society of Grandpas who play well against Melbourne

(Log in to remove this ad.)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

saj_21

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Warney's IPL team!
I would assume most of us on here respect boomer but hate the little campaigner. Well some of you may have seen he is playing local footy for North Heidelberg. My side is in the same division, we've played them twice so far and they have won both times. This bloke just keeps on beating my club. I'm certain we play then one more time I'm calling on my fellow dees fans to come watch and bag the little campaigner and listen to the crowds melting as you do!

Russian Demon

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Melbourne
I think the rules need to be tweaked.... the grandpa in question must playing in a year when either he's gone around a year too long, he's ben traded to another club as an old fart (mitchell/lewis/petrie) or nobody would be surprised if he retired the year before

RandB

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
MUFC Norwood
So did Lenny Hayes, but he and Black were guns to the day they retired.
True, but you could say a similar thing about Boomer - especially his last year. All three of those players were very good but went up to 11 against Melbourne.

Different mould to D Petrie though so I take your point.

Cannon82

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Melbourne
True, but you could say a similar thing about Boomer - especially his last year. All three of those players were very good but went up to 11 against Melbourne.

Different mould to D Petrie though so I take your point.
Well, Boomer could probably still be playing AFL footy if they hadn't shuffled him on. All three of those guys were still playing to a high standard when they finished up. Unlike someone like Yze, who was well and truly cooked and a shadow of his former self at the end.

saj_21

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Warney's IPL team!
This thread is losing creditability Simpson is not a spud....Rohan kicked 5 on the weekend after taking us apart without kicking straight

Top Bottom