Club History The Boomer Harvey memorial society of Grandpas who play well against Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

No.

We have our man then. Off the crutches and into the bests for Sydney.
Fair.

Also this fred needs more ancient Merger player love.

Burgoyne.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would assume most of us on here respect boomer but hate the little campaigner. Well some of you may have seen he is playing local footy for North Heidelberg. My side is in the same division, we've played them twice so far and they have won both times. This bloke just keeps on beating my club. I'm certain we play then one more time I'm calling on my fellow dees fans to come watch and bag the little campaigner and listen to the crowds melting as you do!

Simon Black always played well against us to the very end of his career.

So did Lenny Hayes, but he and Black were guns to the day they retired.

I think the rules need to be tweaked.... the grandpa in question must playing in a year when either he's gone around a year too long, he's ben traded to another club as an old fart (mitchell/lewis/petrie) or nobody would be surprised if he retired the year before

So did Lenny Hayes, but he and Black were guns to the day they retired.
True, but you could say a similar thing about Boomer - especially his last year. All three of those players were very good but went up to 11 against Melbourne.

Different mould to D Petrie though so I take your point.

True, but you could say a similar thing about Boomer - especially his last year. All three of those players were very good but went up to 11 against Melbourne.

Different mould to D Petrie though so I take your point.

Well, Boomer could probably still be playing AFL footy if they hadn't shuffled him on. All three of those guys were still playing to a high standard when they finished up. Unlike someone like Yze, who was well and truly cooked and a shadow of his former self at the end.

This thread is losing creditability Simpson is not a spud....Rohan kicked 5 on the weekend after taking us apart without kicking straight

Remove this Banner Ad

Back