Toast The Boult; the goal kicker; how good can he get?

Remove this Banner Ad

Did anyone else notice that the first shot from 50 Levi took in the last quarter he had that big kink to the right in his run up, just before he kicked. He's had that for ages, usually from long shots. He pulled it left.

The next shot from about 55 degrees from the same distance, the kink to right was gone. Ball went straight.

Almost as though he realised he'd gone back to old habits in the first shot and then relaxed andd got rid of it with the second.

Also loving the "Fev" grip he's using when holding the ball.

Give him #25!!!!!!!!!!
Amazes me how many professional footballers do this. Surely they should understand a straight approach with a clean ball drop and a nice straight kicking action will produce accuracy. I taught many kids this with great results

His progress over the last 3 seasons has been huge. Just his output in terms of marks is a good indicator.

I think he is developing as we should expect for a big hulking forward. Like we have said before people wrote off Hawkins.

Levi will get smarter with getting to contest and leads. His kicking has come a long way and looking at his stats this year a very long way.

Confidence is key.

Will Still never be an A grade forward. B-B+ max (around 35-40 goal a season) player. I still think hes best as Resting Ruck/Forward. There will be games where he will have zero impact up forward and could lose confidence, here the run on the ball as backup ruckman will do well for his confidence leading up and taking marks around the wings and just being involved in the play.

Why we waited so long to get personal help for him for his kicking is a ******* joke. He could ba a genuinely good KPF of the comp by now.

Anyway, onwards and upwarfs for this guy from now on.. hopefully...
If you read the recent article we have been putting a hell of a lot more work into Cas than most assumed...seems this approach is working.

Is Sav Rocca the best Collingwood import we've had at the club since Heathland Scotland ? :D

If he can work his magic on Liam Jones, I will name my first born lad Saverio (well not really :) )

I love the fact he's one of those forwards who kicks the ball far and high, just about higher than the goal sticks themselves.

Cloke is ironically another one who does that. Reminds me of some of the forwards of old.

I love the fact he's one of those forwards who kicks the ball far and high, just about higher than the goal sticks themselves.

Cloke is ironically another one who does that. Reminds me of some of the forwards of old.

Test of real power in kick - big very high long carry kicks - maximise carry distance which is what you want kicking for goal - same as bombing a tee shot high and long...same physics..all the super kicks can do that - watch Buddy's long bombs..

Plays good leading out of the square. Is that big crash packing presence we haven't had in the forward 50 since Fev. Previously he's been hidden up the field but now he's confident around the sticks FF should be his to lose. Also takes the number 1 defender away from Henderson.

Cheney doesn't like this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Plays good leading out of the square. Is that big crash packing presence we haven't had in the forward 50 since Fev. Previously he's been hidden up the field but now he's confident around the sticks FF should be his to lose. Also takes the number 1 defender away from Henderson.

Cheney doesn't like this.
Levi is such a force in the air... if the ball is coming in and there is a 3 on two with Levi and Hendo... guess who gets the best two defenders?

Levi... which means that Hendo gets the third best defender and is the better option!

Hope this is it and not just a temporary purple period of self belief. Real asset in his current form.

Can't go along with the theory that nobody at the club has tried to fix his kicking before Sav. I mean come on.

He's definitely on his way.

He's already one of the best contested marks in the AFL, he has opponents looking over their shoulder and his misses (running down the MCC flank and the Hendo handball receive) now reduce him from 5 potential goals to 3 rather than 3 to 1. Confidence with his set shot kicking will bring more composure and he'll become a 3-4 goal average forward which is gold in today's football.

The more dangerous he becomes the more he will draw a second opponent to the contest and our whole forward line benefits. And the best bit, we have him for another 7-8 years!

I think Levi is a great as a Reiwoldt type CHF, leading out to the wing for the long 'get out' kick if required or otherwise staying inside 50m as a serious marking target.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back