Votes: 7 15.6%
  • Port by a little

Votes: 6 13.3%
  • Port by a lot

Votes: 32 71.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Hang on a sec
So now we can’t draw on our SANFL history but you can ?

I DGAF what jumper we wear

The time effort and distress your club has gone through over this would be better placed searching for replacement sponsors for your failed China idea and Gupta going into Admin

Once again
Your clubs perspective is clouded with the whining over your past instead of focusing on your future

anyway

you want to continue this take it to the Bay

I don’t know why you’re even on our boards
View attachment 1123455
The problem was not that we were wearing the state guernsey, the problem was we were drowned out and were unable to sell the message. Kochie was on sunrise every day smashing the Crows on his own personal platform, Dwayne Russell and other Port and SANFL greats jumped on and in the end we simply had no airtime. I don't think if you asked any of them today including Mark Riccuito and Tyson Edwards none of them could tell you the idea behind it. Many of them and I quote from news grabs simply said, they think they are the state team.

Personally, Port sensationally missed a massive marketing opportunity through their own blind egotistical self importance. Imagine the first game at AO with Prison Bars v The State Jumper. Instead they killed it. It was dumb one upmanship.

On SM-N981B using BigFooty.com mobile app

The problem was not that we were wearing the state guernsey, the problem was we were drowned out and were unable to sell the message. Kochie was on sunrise every day smashing the Crows on his own personal platform, Dwayne Russell and other Port and SANFL greats jumped on and in the end we simply had no airtime. I don't think if you asked any of them today including Mark Riccuito and Tyson Edwards none of them could tell you the idea behind it. Many of them and I quote from news grabs simply said, they think they are the state team.

Personally, Port sensationally missed a massive marketing opportunity through their own blind egotistical self importance. Imagine the first game at AO with Prison Bars v The State Jumper. Instead they killed it. It was dumb one upmanship.

I for one hope we never wear it.
Let’s stick to our jumper and never change it like little brother.

The thing I don't get about the Port jumper thing is that it was very clearly done to thumb their nose at the AFL, rather than to celebrate their heritage.

It's extremely obvious that this was done with an air of "oh boy, wait until the AFL get a load of THIS!" Sfellows and grins and high fives all round. Gonna epically own the nuffies at AFL house!!

Except, everybody just thinks it's kind of pathetic. Of course there are some Crows supporters angry, but those are the kind of Crows supporters who would get angry at a Port player for continuing to breathe. Eddie McGuire is full of bluster but that's just Eddie being Eddie. Everyone else just kind of shrugged their shoulders, shook their heads, and said "who hurt you guys?" It didn't make Port look strong, or proud, or defiant. It just made them look a bit pissy, insecure, and starved for attention.

This whole thing has big "haha jokes on you, I tricked you into thinking I'm an idiot!" energy to it.
Yeah, kochie has a long history of cheap last say grandstanding. Even said more today on Fiveaa, and is caught out often having a snip lately on sunrise. He is pushing alot of boundaries.

He was told in no uncertain terms to not use sunrise as a port adelaide presidential platform too. He must be close to being sacked there.

There is no doubt this whole bars obsession is Kochie. It's all kochie.

I just don't get this want to abandon the image the Power have built. They've spent so long and hard on building the power brand, now you just feel like it's all a waste. I think they are all at sea. No idea what their identity is. I'm personally surprised they didn't sing cheer cheer the black and the white after the game and dress the changerooms up in magpies paraphernalia

Well the clubs gone above and beyond to make the tri colours sacrosanct. I don't think they will ever do the split hoops design again even. All I know is, we won't change our home guernsey and abandon our premiership jumper for a design from a 10 year old kid.

Very good post ✅
Same
Buggerise around with away strips all they like but I especially love how we have gone back to gold not yellow in our tri colour hoops

MG is the best metaphor for Port and their heritage.

You can slap a shiny MG badge on a 2021 Cheap Chinese car and use the MG heritage to sell it. That Chinese Car company owns that heritage.

But that 2021 Cheap Chinese Car will never be part of the MG Owners club.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

I don't think we should wear the State Jumper at all.

We are the Adelaide Football Club. Wear our own jumper.

Would much rather see a redone 1991 jumper (with "Camry" sponsorship patch) over the State one.

I always find it strange we had the model as the “sponsor” not the company.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

MG is the best metaphor for Port and their heritage.

You can slap a shiny MG badge on a 2021 Cheap Chinese car and use the MG heritage to sell it. That Chinese Car company owns that heritage.

But that 2021 Cheap Chinese Car will never be part of the MG Owners club.

That’s a perfect analogy

I always find it strange we had the model as the “sponsor” not the company.

I think that was what the 90s were like
Carlton in their light blue for M&Ms
Whikas sponsoring Hocking

Thank goodness most clubs have moved past that gauche cheap marketing - and those clubs have a long successful partnership with their major sponsors

Flipping from Renault to MG, lightning bolts to V’s, teal to back in black , AC DC to INXS, thunderbolts to prison bars ....

Identity crisis confirmed and exacerbated because nobody knows WTF a “power” even is !

90s marketing rubbish exemplified in that Nick name alone!

More Port logic was how they'd use "Camrys" as an insult to us. Like "haha, look at you losers over there with your consistent sponsor from a large well known company," while they're running around with MyATM or some rubbish.

Well the clubs gone above and beyond to make the tri colours sacrosanct. I don't think they will ever do the split hoops design again even. All I know is, we won't change our home guernsey and abandon our premiership jumper for a design from a 10 year old kid.

That 10 year old just plagiarised the SA state jumper and changed the colours anyway

458350A5-2A53-40BB-9BC1-D8CC39F160D5.jpeg

I think that was what the 90s were like
Carlton in their light blue for M&Ms
Whikas sponsoring Hocking

Thank goodness most clubs have moved past that gauche cheap marketing - and those clubs have a long successful partnership with their major sponsors

Flipping from Renault to MG, lightning bolts to V’s, teal to back in black , AC DC to INXS, thunderbolts to prison bars ....

Identity crisis confirmed and exacerbated because nobody knows WTF a “power” even is !

90s marketing rubbish exemplified in that Nick name alone!
Look I think there marketing was very good. They branded well and they were able to attract alot of supporters from other sanfl clubs. I think the self imposed identity crises every 10 years doesn't help. I just don't understand a club who would walk away from a powerful and successful premiership jumper. That alone is head scratching.

It wasn't the State jumper, it had our darker blue not the royal blue and of course no SANFL emblem.

Isn't Port Powahs current jumper based on the Sate jumper but using their colours?

1620708576710.png 1620708842612.png
1620708663185.png

So Port can use the State jumper design with their colours but we can't.

Seems legit.

Edit: Should have kept reading, already done a few posts up.

From early-ish last season. Only two games in but doesn't seem like progress

Phooey.

A lot of our coaches have reached this point where turnovers start to hurt us.

Often they 'fix it' by getting us to choose safer, shorter, wider options and move the ball with more care (ie slowly). Obviously this sort of courage-free bedwetting leads to disaster but it is gold for slowly chip across the field merchants like Kelly.

We need Nicks to accept that turnovers will happen, especially with a young team. Continue to choose aggressive options, continue to try to move the ball quickly, use the corridor where possible, continue (start?) to pick players who have above average foot skills. Because that is a game plan that can lead somewhere.

A safe, cautious approach will lead nowhere.

From early-ish last season. Only two games in but doesn't seem like progress

Phooey.

The club is pretty predictable.
Keep doing the same things and you will keep getting the same results
Earlier on, Nicks was talking about a brand of footy that the fans would be pleased to see.
Surely he knows the chip gameplan is a terrible watch with even worse results

Back