Who wins?

• Adelaide by a little

Votes: 7 15.6%
  • Port by a little

Votes: 6 13.3%
  • Port by a lot

Votes: 32 71.1%

• Total voters
Marketing? How on earth is it marketing?
We can't even sell it.

Might have to run a little fact check on this one. See below.

1620536362161.png

Oh cool we are selling our Guernsey what a crime.

I don't see a AFL logo here.

Get over it.

Of course it's not a crime. I don't give a s**t whether you sell it, wear it, wipe your arse with it, whatever.

Maybe get your facts correct before you come on here though.

Nov 11, 2007
Rebuilding
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Kochie's 2nd fave team
Probably best answered by your own franchise.

View attachment 1122583
Also like the- adopted the nickname "Port Power"
Don't dare call them that now though.

Imagine waiting in the lolly aisle while these flip flopping children decide which one they want.

UcantCme

Premiership Player
Mar 3, 2021
AFL Club
Adelaide
Different club? Lol imagine being this delusional that you deny any link whatsoever?

Do you think if we weren't so successful in the sanfl we would be in the AFL?
Well my friend this was the strategy of Port Power when they entered the AFL....

Port Power joined wanting to be a stand alone new club, at the time the belief was that the Port AFL club would need to break away from the sanf magpies with a new identity to attract new members and a greater share of the corporate dollar.

Problem was that didn't work, Port failed to grow its new brand, remains a club in debt and relies on the AFL to pay its bills for survival.... so instead of being strategic or creative to grow your Power brand to new members you revert back to the prison bars past which pleases traditional Port supporters but does nothing to grow your membership and commercial base.

Now Port have a real brand and identity crisis and has become a prisoner to the past which creates real challenges in growing your base

In terms of attracting new members from new markets.... this is whybthe China decision over an AFLW side was strategically stupid... China was never going to attract new and long term members, however a AFLW side would have created much much more local commercial and membership opportunity.

But then again no surprise, Koch is not a proven business or commercial leader.... he is just a finance analyst turned tv presenter that uses his Port role to be the wannabe business leader that he couldn't be in the real corporate world.

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

PAFC66

Down a dark alley
Feb 5, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Well my friend this was the strategy of Port Power when they entered the AFL....

Port Power joined wanting to be a stand alone new club, at the time the belief was that the Port AFL club would need to break away from the sanf magpies with a new identity to attract new members and a greater share of the corporate dollar.

Problem was that didn't work, Port failed to grow its new brand, remains a club in debt and relies on the AFL to pay its bills for survival.... so instead of being strategic or creative to grow your Power brand to new members you revert back to the prison bars past which pleases traditional Port supporters but does nothing to grow your membership and commercial base.

Now Port have a real brand and identity crisis and has become a prisoner to the past which creates real challenges in growing your base

In terms of attracting new members from new markets.... this is whybthe China decision over an AFLW side was strategically stupid... China was never going to attract new and long term members, however a AFLW side would have created much much more local commercial and membership opportunity.

But then again no surprise, Koch is not a proven business or commercial leader.... he is just a finance analyst turned tv presenter that uses his Port role to be the wannabe business leader that he couldn't be in the real corporate world.

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Crazy how the AFL commission allowed us to celebrate 150 years last year. You're so right.
Let me ask you something....

Would you be around if it wasn't for Port?

Aug 17, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
The Autobots and Team America
Crazy how the AFL commission allowed us to celebrate 150 years last year. You're so right.

Could celebrate 150 years.

Yet Daisy's son is playing for us......

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Bay62

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 28, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Pylons.. bars...... Whatever the case you're obsessed.
Yep we left the competition because we were too good for it. Too bad .if we didn't try in the first place you wouldn't have a club to support in the AFL

We certainly would, unless you think nothing at all would have happened since then until now. Just with better draft concessions.

Bay62

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 28, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide

Without doubt. And with better draft concessions.

Because it’s not “What would have happened without Port?” - it’s “What would have happened without Port’s betrayal of the SANFL?”

Bay62

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 28, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Also like the- adopted the nickname "Port Power"
Don't dare call them that now though.

Imagine waiting in the lolly aisle while these flip flopping children decide which one they want.

Exactly. They’ve had several identity crises over the years. Bucky Cunningham admitted as much at the time - they couldn’t work out which way to go to give them a stronger fan base, so they flip flopped and that made things worse

Aug 17, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
The Autobots and Team America
Exactly. They’ve had several identity crises over the years. Bucky Cunningham admitted as much at the time - they couldn’t work out which way to go to give them a stronger fan base, so they flip flopped and that made things worse
Heritage Matters when they can sell jumpers.

Not when it involves getting FS rights for a 4 time Premiership player's son.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Why do the AFL let you celebrate 150 years but don't acknowledge "your" SANFL flags?

PAFC66

Down a dark alley
Feb 5, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Yes, clubs can acknowledge their own SANFL flags (the ones they claim to have). But they are not AFL or pre-AFL flags

Because the official list is here: https://www.afl.com.au/stats/premiership-winners

The AFL does not acknowledge them
No s**t.

Read the article the AFL commission recognises that the Port Adelaide playing in the AFL now has rights to their 36 flags they won in the sanfl

Oct 9, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC
Yes, clubs can acknowledge their own SANFL flags (the ones they claim to have). But they are not AFL or pre-AFL flags

Because the official list is here: https://www.afl.com.au/stats/premiership-winners

The AFL does not acknowledge them
It’s all moot anyway.
No one gives a s**t about your high school 100m efforts in the Olympics, especially when you haven’t achieved much at them.

It’s all moot anyway.
No one gives a sh*t about your high school 100m efforts in the Olympics, especially when you haven’t achieved much at them.
It's like claiming you have a ton of "gold medals" but fail to mention they aren't Olympic gold, they are regional division gold and actually won by someone else with the same name

Oct 9, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC
Yeah cool ok what's the issue with the jumper then? It seems to play with a few PTSD victims
I’ve never said I’ve got an issue with it.
It’s the way you guys go about trying to get it, and it’s never enough.

you used to be hated for your on field achievements now it’s everything but that.

Bay62

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 28, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Yeah Norwood would of got in.

Who cares? Someone had to. Someone who had the support of the SANFL.

And it’s “would have” not “would of”

“Port have - Norwood would have”
- see?

You only think it’s “would of” because “would have” gets shortened to “would’ve” which sounds like “would of”.

So a history lesson AND a grammar lesson for you!

Back