Prediction The Bounce Back - The Next 4 Games

Remove this Banner Ad

Every game is a danger game because we will prob still be fave in all (maybe gws 50/50)

If we win all I think we'll all be surprised and happy.

If we lose any we will be annoyed but not surprised now.

Any loss from now on will be less of a shock.

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app

Realistically, need 4/4 or bare minimum of 3/4 to keep top 4 and/or top 6 hopes alive. The ideal scenario is to go into the bye at 7-5 or 8-4, then get the troops back and surge the rest of the year to 14-16 wins and getting one of those sweet second chances.
Honestly though, I will be happy as long as we don't have any performances like the ones against St Kilda and Geelong

apart from being injury riddled and knowing the way we lost against the Saints and Cats and knowing the identity of the Saints this season, when the fixture was originally released I kind of thought we'd be 3-3 heading into this game and Freo would be 4-2

Lets not lose this though.

First match since the Geelong game was a great response. Smashed a near full strength Freo even after additional injuries emerged after the Geelong game (Barrass and Hurn).

Hopefully we can back this up against Hawthorn.
I hate to defend Freo but I don't think a team missing 5 of their best 22 could be called 'near full strength'. Probably their 3 best defenders out as well in Ryan, Hamling and Pearce. It would be like us missing McGovern, TB and Hurn... never mind.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It also depends on other games as this season is pretty wide open ( yet again). Geelong lost a game they should have won against swans, Port lost a game, Dogs lost one. This week Richmond Geelong above us play each other and I am certain that both Demons and Dogs will have a bad patch of form at some stage, probably more likely dogs than Melbourne as Demons look solid structurally all over the ground. Dogs are flashy and can go missing. Just win next 4 and after Bye we have back-to-back home games against Tigers and Dogs. Big games those two. And just in case no one noticed, Lions are coming and coming in hot.

Well thats one down!
If they keep the focus, intensity and structure going (and the 4 qtrs thing) over the next 3 games, we could be in a great position heading for the bye.
Then the last 2 games -Essendon at Optus and Blues at MCG will take care of themselves(in a sense) with some players back.
Surely that has to be a motivating factor?
Then The Bye...
And more key players back..
Off we go...a very strong unit...Yippi Kye Aye!
Lose against The Poos and it's tedium ad infinitum...again.

Most years 16 wins gets top 4 (this year looks likely to be one of those years, with such a competitive/close start to the year).

Sometimes 15 wins plus percentage is enough (too early to rule that out due to our dislike of percentage?).

Basically, we need to win 12/15 from here.

Going to be pretty hard if we lose this week.

On SM-G986B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Might sound obvious, but all I want is a win against Hawthorn. Won't be particularly fussy how it comes, more so just to say we've won a game on the road. Should beat Adelaide the following week and be 6-3. Season then starts up again from there as we try to aim for a top 4 spot.

Might sound obvious, but all I want is a win against Hawthorn. Won't be particularly fussy how it comes, more so just to say we've won a game on the road. Should beat Adelaide the following week and be 6-3. Season then starts up again from there as we try to aim for a top 4 spot.
Some would say......

.... Season on the line kind of stuff.

It makes me wonder what our best line up will be if we're lucky enough to have everyone prime for finals. My attempt:

FB: Hurn Barrass Rotham
HB: Shep Gov Duggan
C: Kelly Shuey Sheed
HF: Ryan OAllen Waterman
FF: Darling JK Rioli

Fol: NicNat, Yeo, Redden
I/C: Brander, Nelson, Gaff, Petrucelle

Petrols x-factor is just too enticing to not have for finals so that's why he's in. He's a game changer if he's 'on'.

We can't afford to have Vardy or Williams playing as a pure chopout for NN as I think we'd be playing with a man down effectively, although I think Williams will be handy in another season or two. Might have to use another player like OAllen or Brander in that role.

Last edited:
Get the feeling Yeo wont be back as quick as we hope and there will always be the feeling of dread when Shuey runs quicker than rat pace.

By the time he's back he'll have been out for 12 months. Not sure anyone would classify that as "quick" :drunk:
But does put the severity into perspective a bit. Anyone thinking he'll come into the side and be our saviour is a very optimistic person.

It makes me wonder what our best line up will be if we're lucky enough to have everyone prime for finals. My attempt:

HF: Ryan OAllen Redden

I/C: Brander, Jones, Gaff, Petrucelle

I was close to leaving Gaff out, having Waterman on the HFF and Redden as a follower. Just not sure if Gaff will be an asset in finals but tough to leave him out.

Petrols x-factor is just too enticing to not have for finals so that's why he's in. He's a game changer if he's 'on'.

We can't afford to have Vardy or Williams playing as a pure chopout for NN as I think we'd be playing with a man down effectively, although I think Williams will be handy in another season or two. Might have to use another player like OAllen or Brander in that role.
You have Redden in twice (tbf he has only been turning up every 2nd week so 2 of him would be good coverage).

I assume either Cole or Nelson (likely Nelson) takes that spot as it seems a defender short.

Otherwise looks like a good team on paper!

On SM-G986B using BigFooty.com mobile app

You have Redden in twice (tbf he has only been turning up every 2nd week so 2 of him would be good coverage).

I assume either Cole or Nelson (likely Nelson) takes that spot as it seems a defender short.

On SM-G986B using BigFooty.com

On SM-G986B using BigFooty.com mobile
Thanks, fixed!

HF: Ryan OAllen Redden

I/C: Brander, Jones, Gaff, Petrucelle

I was close to leaving Gaff out, having Waterman on the HFF and Redden as a follower. Just not sure if Gaff will be an asset in finals but tough to leave him out.

Personally, I think it'll be something like:

FB: Hurn Barrass Sheppard
HB: Rotham McGovern Duggan
C: Gaff Yeo Sheed
HF: Cripps Darling Rioli
FF: Allen Kennedy Ryan

Fol: Naitanui Shuey Kelly
I/C: Redden, Witho, Jones, Hedwards
Brander (sub)

Witherden's gonna be our next kick-in guy so we should give him as much experience as possible and Hedwards serves as both a spare Key Defender and back-up ruckman.

Personally, I think it'll be something like:

FB: Hurn Barrass Sheppard
HB: Rotham McGovern Duggan
C: Gaff Yeo Sheed
HF: Cripps Darling Rioli
FF: Allen Kennedy Ryan

Fol: Naitanui Shuey Kelly
I/C: Redden, Witho, Jones, Hedwards
Brander (sub)

Witherden's gonna be our next kick-in guy so we should give him as much experience as possible and Hedwards serves as both a spare Key Defender and back-up ruckman.
Nailed it. Liked the look of Hedwards and wouldn't be against having him in, but would potentially swap him out for Brander with Petro as sub.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back