Prediction The Bounce Back - Where to from here?

Will we bounce back?

• Yes

Votes: 8 24.2%
  • No

Votes: 8 24.2%
  • We should have already

Votes: 6 18.2%
  • Maybe

Votes: 6 18.2%
  • Jack Watts

Votes: 5 15.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Thought this was a good point from an article in The Age the other day:

...the most system-based teams, the teams whose games are based most fundamentally on connection and understanding of where each player will be and what part each player performs in the total construct, are West Coast and Richmond. Both are struggling.

The impact on training from physical distancing measures, from the fragmenting into small training groups and limits on the number of contact sessions the teams can have looks to have hurt the system-based teams.

When you can’t train and constantly drill the system it breaks down and Richmond and West Coast’s game are not functioning as they usually do.

“Damien Hardwick and Justin Leppitsch play a highly systemised game,” an analyst from another club said.

“Richmond and West Coast are the most highly systemised teams and you have to train that constantly and they have not been able to do that. There are other reasons for West Coast struggling not just the interruption to training – they are in a hub and it’s been dewy and slippery and they play a high-ball marking game – but the ability to train your system is really important.

“In season you train system not decision-making and they are not training their system as they normally would."

Conversely, it's very difficult to then implement changes to your system. I don't think it's the whole story - probably a mix of system, personnel and effort. Worth noting both teams are also lacking line-breakers to generate some energy - Caddy on a wing for Richmond, Brander on a wing for us

Pretty obvious we're gonna go on a 12+ game winning streak and win the flag.

Sooooo obvious

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app

Good thing we got that Amazon crew following us around.

IF we somehow won it this year i wouldnt care if we were done the bottom of the ladder for a couple of years.

JUST to hear the winging from the Vics if we won it would be worth it.

Thought this was a good point from an article in The Age the other day:

Conversely, it's very difficult to then implement changes to your system. I don't think it's the whole story - probably a mix of system, personnel and effort. Worth noting both teams are also lacking line-breakers to generate some energy - Caddy on a wing for Richmond, Brander on a wing for us

Absolutely this. Schofield mentioned on the pod that the lack of being able to train together has gone completely under the radar by the most of the media.

This is where our coaching dept needs to adapt and try to eke out a win or two any way necessary. Forget "playing our way" if it quite simply isn't working. Try something different.

First step imo is to take Brander off the wing instead of stubbornly sticking to that plan.

3d5ce231e34e7aa4f96f148aaa2ae292.jpg
THE ONLY THING I WILL ACCEPT IS SEVEN STRAIGHT DRAWS!!

Back