Streaming The Boys (Amazon)

Streaming Television

Remove this Banner Ad

We've never seen her actually fly and if she could she surely would have tried to save that crashing plane

I think we're supposed to believe her super strength extends to super speed also (even though that would make A-Train's power not as cool or unique) and that's how she just appears behind Stormfront and Homelander
Not sure I'm buying that but I'm not about to go all Seeds over it.

Great episode. The "Girls Get It Done" scene was brilliant.

I wonder what the progressives that were really digging the Homelander is Trump analogy are feeling now that the AOC character is also a terrorist?

Also, will Stormfront come back in a Darth Vader-like scenario? While she was largely burnt to a crisp, we never actually saw her die :think:

That’s actually a very good point, didn’t even think/notice it until you raised this. Now that you mention it, I feel you’re right. They deliberately didn’t show her actually die, likely for this reason.

She’s already been shown to have regeneration type powers, especially from being lasered (“laser my ******* ****”).

I didn't think Maeve could fly?

Show is rating a 9.6 on IMDb. Not sure how common that is.

She’s based off Wonder Woman who doesn’t fly as such, more so long leaps and jumps etc. And capable of short super burst of speed (not to the level of Flash however). If that makes sense.

Phwoar.

Very good finale.

Ryan couldn't stay with Butcher so that was understandable.

Mostly predictable sequence of events (bar last 5 mins) but didn't make it less awesome.

Good to see the show will have a different dynamic than the first two seasons, as the finale opened up a few things from a story perspective.

"I can do whatever the * I want" :tearsofjoy:

I may have missed the specific dialogue - where exactly is Ryan going? I presume it’s not going to be Grace herself who looks after him. Who is going to be his guardian if not Butcher?

Haha holy s**t, what a show. Completely bonkers, love it :tearsofjoy:

Surprised to see a few people saying it wasn't at season 1 levels, I thought it was all that and more.

Liked getting a bit more backstory, I love Frenchie now whereas he was a bit of a take it or leave it character for me at the end of season 1. Loved the Scientology rip-off too, gold. So the Fresca bit.. that was just coz the head honcho liked it? Awesome sadface on him when Gus Fring said it was s**t lol.

Pretty cool turn having the head exploder being the senator woman, prior to the last ep my money was on Gus Fring. Although I'm not sure what her end game is - POTUS? Not sure how helping Vought does that - she has more power now that she's heading up the taskforce I guess, but seems like she could have got just as much juice by leading the inquiry and exposing Vought prior to all the head 'splodes at the hearing. Possible she's just been working for Vought all along, guess we'll find out.

Seems like they might not have been sure they were getting another season prior to writing this one, last ep could have served as a series finale with everyone kind of going their own way at the end.

Need an end of season poll for the best one liner of the season

So far we have

Ep 4 "It's not gay if it's with yourself"
Ep 5 "Go on, laser my **** you pussy"

Reckon NSWCROW might have called it with

" What makes you think i want to be let off the hook ? "

Anyway, even though it may seem like a minor gripe (them hiding in plain sight whilst being the most wanted people in the country), I feel the criticism is valid.

Yep that's basically where I land on it, definitely worthy of criticism but it felt pretty minor to me overall and didn't really take me out of it.

Butcher promised to look after the kid then fobs him off to Mallory, a total Butcher move.

Yeah pretty s**t of him but totally in character as you say. Not exactly the nurturing father type.

We've never seen her actually fly and if she could she surely would have tried to save that crashing plane

I think we're supposed to believe her super strength extends to super speed also (even though that would make A-Train's power not as cool or unique) and that's how she just appears behind Stormfront and Homelander

Yeah she definitely can't, Homelander had to carry her when they abandoned the plane in season 1.

Last edited:
Loving this show.
Superhero genre bending with some comedy gold. The special effects are brilliant. Homelander is one of the funniest and scariest characters since Hannibal Lecter.

Finished both seasons in the last 4 days

As you get older you tend to see so much formula TV that nothing surprises anymore

This surprised me a lot. I mean the direction they took instead of sticking to formula

I found myself saying " I did not expect that ' a lot

8/10

Finished both seasons in the last 4 days

As you get older you tend to see so much formula TV that nothing surprises anymore

This surprised me a lot. I mean the direction they took instead of sticking to formula

I found myself saying " I did not expect that ' a lot

8/10
In the entertaiment industry they call that..... formulaic

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gees that ending was terrible. It looked like we were going to get a full on battle royale With the seven completely broken up and killing each other and instead we just get a complete reset and the show is back to where it was at the start of season 1 save for Deep who is currently the most pointless character on tv.

ps. Was there a worst filmed fight scene in the history of modern tv then the one with stromfront and the 3 other superhero chicks. The constant cutting was terrible. Clearly one of them had in their contract that they will not jump, run or get within 2 metres of another person. Was this filmed after Covid hit?

Gees that ending was terrible. It looked like we were going to get a full on battle royale With the seven completely broken up and killing each other and instead we just get a complete reset and the show is back to where it was at the start of season 1 save for Deep who is currently the most pointless character on tv.

ps. Was there a worst filmed fight scene in the history of modern tv then the one with stromfront and the 3 other superhero chicks. The constant cutting was terrible. Clearly one of them had in their contract that they will not jump, run or get within 2 metres of another person. Was this filmed after Covid hit?

Vintage seeds.

Was waiting for your take, did not disappoint :thumbsu: :tearsofjoy:

Vintage seeds.

Was waiting for your take, did not disappoint :thumbsu: :tearsofjoy:
Sorry it was delayed.

i was struggling to get through to the end.

best scene of the season was the boat smashing the whale. Pity they couldnt use those special effects in the finale.

and does anyone else feel that homelanders gone from cool badass in season 1 to complete messed up loser in season 2? I almost feel sorry for him.

and does anyone else feel that homelanders gone from cool badass in season 1 to complete messed up loser in season 2? I almost feel sorry for him.

No, but more because I never saw him as 'cool badass' in the first place. Probably from the first unobserved interaction with Elizabeth Shue I was thinking 'sick puppy' and when was that, ep 2?

Feeling sorry for him is an interesting angle, yeah maybe had a flicker of that considering his upbringing. Didn't last long, there's always some atrocity just around the corner lol.

Think he was one the best things about season 2, his scene when he outs Maeve on TV and immediately after was top shelf. Best actor on the show I reckon (out of the core group getting significant screentime at least).

No, but more because I never saw him as 'cool badass' in the first place. Probably from the first unobserved interaction with Elizabeth Shue I was thinking 'sick puppy' and when was that, ep 2?

Feeling sorry for him is an interesting angle, yeah maybe had a flicker of that considering his upbringing. Didn't last long, there's always some atrocity just around the corner lol.

Think he was one the best things about season 2, his scene when he outs Maeve on TV and immediately after was top shelf. Best actor on the show I reckon (out of the core group getting significant screentime at least).
His acting is pretty solid. I agree with that. He just went to much down the loser path this season. and mostly for audience shock rather then relevance to plot. The doppleganger homosexual sex stuff was pointless. the masterbating scene at the end likewise.

Heres the scene for those playing at home

with all her powers, wondered why stormfront didnt kill the male participants with her lightning bolts.

Heres the scene for those playing at home

with all her powers, wondered why stormfront didnt kill the male participants with her lightning bolts.

When I mentioned formula-ic this was one area I thought we might get it

Frenchy " you die twice, once when you're dead and the last time someone says your name '

Frenchy gets zapped and Kimiko utters her 1st and only word "Frenchy"

Fade to black

His performances are the standout for me too. It’s the little things he does that are often quite creepy (the way he drinks milk) or even when you know he’s about to lose his s**t.

Such as the finale, loved the way he gets back into the cabin and casually says “um, did you say Butcher” to those soldiers. And then slowly shuts the door, and asks “where’s my son”. * that was great.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back