Streaming The Boys (Amazon)

Streaming Television

Remove this Banner Ad

I was thinking maybe something to do with butcher not being afraid of him. Homelander didn't seem to take Stillwell saying she feared him all that well. He also commented on the fact butcher wasn't afraid. Maybe saw potential for something in that. More likely he wanted to rub his wife stealing in though I think.
Hubris. He enjoys the gall of some human trying to take down a god.
Both ?
He has a serious narcissistic personality disorder going on..

Was really good for the first few episodes. By episodes 4-5 when the novelty wore off and Frenchie-Asian girl became a thing it was less good. I'd probably watch a second season.

Spoiler tags on a show that came out a fortnight ago are surely not needed...

I thought it was a great season. Very interested to know why homelander saved butcher. Was it just to rub it in his face that butchers wife wanted him and they have a child? Or was he actually doing the right thing? Looking forward to seeing where it goes.

I think he kept him around because he really has no adversary.

So Homelander sees that in him.

Spoiler tags on a show that came out a fortnight ago are surely not needed...

I thought it was a great season. Very interested to know why homelander saved butcher. Was it just to rub it in his face that butchers wife wanted him and they have a child? Or was he actually doing the right thing? Looking forward to seeing where it goes.

Not sure if serious? Two weeks is barely any time, to expect people to watch all 8 episodes.

Not sure if serious? Two weeks is barely any time, to expect people to watch all 8 episodes.
Of course it's not long enough for many to watch it. It's plenty long enough to use spoiler tags for a thread on it though. In the land of netflix binge watch world, if a show like this has come out and you wish to avoid spoilers, don't enter a discussion thread on said show.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Of course it's not long enough for many to watch it. It's plenty long enough to use spoiler tags for a thread on it though. In the land of netflix binge watch world, if a show like this has come out and you wish to avoid spoilers, don't enter a discussion thread on said show.

You can use spoiler tags for at least another few weeks until people catch up. Some like to discuss as they watch along.

OK I liked it. But I didnt LOVE it. Will watch season 2 when its available.

Dunno what it is, something in it thats stopping me from giving it my devoted attention.

Once the novelty of the premise wears off, you see the weaknesses it has as a drama series.

Once the novelty of the premise wears off, you see the weaknesses it has as a drama series.
i think its the actors/actresses. i like Banshee man, but the constant cheesy smile with a cakeload of makeup is a little offputting. Queeny actress seems a bit wooden to me. In fact all of them are a little NQR.

its your standard Evil Corp v's the protectors of society plot done with superheroes.
some of the humour is pretty good though. i see it more as a dark comedy than a drama.

i enjoyed the show but i'm a little surprised by the way people are raving about it...it feels like i'm missing out on something.

It's the boys taking them on but hanging around in public together. A lack of realism.

Watched it all, and loved it - maybe because I'm not a huge fan of the super hero genre to begin with, so seeing a bunch of them being narcissistic mercenaries appealed to me.

The thing that really annoyed me in it was Butcher's (Karl Urban) Cockney accent floating in and out. I don't know why he just couldn't use his normal NZ agent, seeing as that was prevalent most of the time anyway.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back