Streaming The Boys (Amazon)

Streaming Television
Oct 1, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Everton, Storm, Victory
Ok that post is just rubbish. You wondered why this show isnt popular. You have been told. Dont get angry cos you dont like the answer. Ps. The watchmen and boys are the same genre and watchmen was ten times better. It is actually intelligent. Makes you think. Generates real shock and emotion. Had a great story.

Im not sure if i will even watch the Boys season 2. The writers clearly arent all that smart.

You couldn't have proven my Brunswick Society point any better. Watchmen is based on critical theory. It isn't intelligent, it's just repeating the garbage of Robin DeAngelo.

Also Game of Thrones and Breaking Bad weren't popular until season 3 and I called it's success from day 1. Don't count your chickens. Though I do think the metrics of success have changed in the context of streaming saturation.

Watchmen had an existing movie and name recognition thats mostly what pulled people in they averaged less than a million viewers on hbo and 7.1m across streaming + tv.

The boys was basically brand new and averaged 4-5 mil.

Sep 15, 2007
Where i need to be
AFL Club
Geelong
You couldn't have proven my Brunswick Society point any better. Watchmen is based on critical theory. It isn't intelligent, it's just repeating the garbage of Robin DeAngelo.

Also Game of Thrones and Breaking Bad weren't popular until season 3 and I called it's success from day 1. Don't count your chickens. Though I do think the metrics of success have changed in the context of streaming saturation.
I think boys will be more like heroes or westworld. Season 1 one will be the best.

Bomberboyokay

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Sep 27, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
Watchmen had an existing movie and name recognition thats mostly what pulled people in they averaged less than a million viewers on hbo and 7.1m across streaming + tv.

The boys was basically brand new and averaged 4-5 mil.

Sources?

glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal, New York Yankees
I got a little excited yesterday as I thought I saw in an email from Prime season 2 had dropped. Sadly, not until Sep 4, but I'm really looking forward to it anyway.

Yes I was fooled as well, I clicked into the season 2 option and it’s only the trailer/first look available within.

Mar 1, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Watchmen. It was literally released in the same year. Even the kids movie incredibles has the same plot of super heroes being corrupted.

Loved Watchmen too, but I wouldn't say theres much crossover between the 2 shows. There's literally 1 'superhero' (god really) in Watchmen, rest are just vigilante humans with no 'powers' they could use to just do whatever dodgy stuff they wanted. I liked how The Boys took more traditional superhero tropes and structures, including the whole Justice League-esque setup and chucks it in the blender.

What hero is corrupted in The Incredibles? The main antagonist? Been a long time since I've seen it but straight up supervillain I would have thought?

Loved Watchmen too, but I wouldn't say theres much crossover between the 2 shows. There's literally 1 'superhero' (god really) in Watchmen, rest are just vigilante humans with no 'powers' they could use to just do whatever dodgy stuff they wanted. I liked how The Boys took more traditional superhero tropes and structures, including the whole Justice League-esque setup and chucks it in the blender.

What hero is corrupted in The Incredibles? The main antagonist? Been a long time since I've seen it but straight up supervillain I would have thought?

There isnt one, incredibles is about using the superheros to make the robot learn how to be invincible. Its still the standard super villian trope.

Jun 25, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Fremantle
Is it a Netflix style setup with all eps available immediately? Or will it be week by week?
  • Episodes 1-3: September 4, 2020
  • Episode 4: September 11, 2020
  • Episode 5: September 18, 2020
  • Episode 6: September 25, 2020
  • Episode 7: October 2, 2020
  • Episode 8 (finale): October 9, 2020
I think I will wait for early October and just binge the whole thing over a single weekend.

Mar 1, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
  • Episodes 1-3: September 4, 2020
  • Episode 4: September 11, 2020
  • Episode 5: September 18, 2020
  • Episode 6: September 25, 2020
  • Episode 7: October 2, 2020
  • Episode 8 (finale): October 9, 2020
I think I will wait for early October and just binge the whole thing over a single weekend.

Cheers mate.

I would like to think I'll take a similar approach but who am I kidding, will have smashed through the first 3 eps 2 days after they're out :tearsofjoy:

Back