Streaming The Boys (Amazon)

Streaming Television

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't understand why they aren't fast tracking the release of season 2. Especially in the times of this pandemic still in many places.

I don't understand why they aren't fast tracking the release of season 2. Especially in the times of this pandemic still in many places.

The entire season may not be completely done as yet. Post production/editing etc has also been impacted by the delays due to the pandemic.

If they rush things they have finished what do they put into the holes created because other thing's haven't completed?

This pandemic isn't going to be gone in a month. The release will be in the times of this pandemic still in many places.

If they rush everything out they're going to run out of material, as they can't exactly make new stuff right now.

I remember a stupid Polygon article complaining that more games should do away with moral ambiguity and return to black and white morality, and after the first three eps of this season I am left thinkng this show must be for them because
characters like Homelander and Stormfront have no redeeming qualities at all.

I dig the show but the violence at this point is so far in the other direction of typical superhero movie collateral damage that's it just as equally numbing.

Kind of bummed they've adopted that weird release strategy of three at once and then a weekly drop because I'd be comfortable binging this in one go rather than waiting a month to see how it ends.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Prob just me but the first 2 eps were boring as fu**. Why does it feel like the budget was cut in half or something.
Just wait until you get to the
whale scene in episode 3
- that is some real C/D-grade s**t

The quality of writing really seems to have taken a nose-dive this season

Just wait until you get to the
whale scene in episode 3
- that is some real C/D-grade sh*t

The quality of writing really seems to have taken a nose-dive this season

Yeah that was dumb but it finally started getting good after that. Should have just waited for the.whole season to air in hindsight.

2 eps in.

Thought the first was awesome, straight back to season 1 tone and hilarity. Some great little touches, like in the TV interview the lower 3rd text with quotes from Homelander and Starlight updating before they'd even said the words lol. Deep and off-brand Hawkeye and their little 's**t superpowers' cult/club, haha. And Homelander doing his thing of course, the milk scene, wrecking the blind guy, christ what a psychopath.

2nd was noticeably worse I thought, dunno who's idea it was to keep the drug trip/talking gills thing going for the length it did but yeah, didn't really work for me. And just a slower pace overall compared to the first ep, to be expected I suppose. Hoping there is some angle Storm Front was brought in coz it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me currently, not sure why anyone at Vought would want that, Gus Fring included.

Feels like a 4 or 5 episode good story is being stretched to a less good story over 8 episodes. Any themes the show had on "What does it mean to have super powers?" appear absent. Do they live forever and appear young forever outside of traumatic deaths? With 8 hours they could give some answers. Doesn't seem like they're going to. Here's a Hughie/Frenchie/Kimiko scene to fill time.

The gill voice sounded like Patton Oswalt too

It was Patton Oswalt

Just wondering when the terrorist bloke was talking was there subtitles or was it just my version?

heros spend all their time in green dark dank below ground rooms and caverns.

then out of no where they are all on a luxury yacht skimming across the ocean. Wtf.

oh thats right. This must be a Deep scene even though when we last saw him he was still singing with his Gils.

sure enough along comes Deep from no where. How did he get there. Who knows. But he has stopped singing to his gils and he has bought a giant mother of a whale.

all worth it for the best ever boat smashes into whale scene ever filmed.

2 mins later our heros are back in dark green underground hallways.

the deep has served his purpose

It was Patton Oswalt

Just wondering when the terrorist bloke was talking was there subtitles or was it just my version?

I had switched TVs to watch this and wasn't sure if my settings just weren't the same. No subtitles for me either.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back