Established1870

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 28, 2016
Tigris River
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers
Michael Warner from the Australian will be releasing a book called The Boy's Club this Wednesday, going into detail about some of the biggest scandals in modern AFL history and revealing incredibly dodgy dealings behind closed doors at AFL House. I'll be interested to see what the AFL's response is considering some of the topics in the book look to be hugely damning (especially on old mate Vlad).

1621856461629.png

Wanted to make a separate comment for this but * me the AFL banning Sydney for getting Buddy over GWS is one of the most openly corrupt things I've ever seen in my life.

Because he didn't go to the AFL's love child and instead went to the other team in the city that the AFL wanted to desperately grow the game, the league decide to spit the dummy big time after their "integrity unit" said no problemo with Buddy's signing and banned Sydney from trading for two years. How people didn't lose their jobs over that is a disgrace and I'll never understand why Sydney didn't just go * it and take it to court.

It's mentioned that the book will go into detail about it so I'll be interested to see what it says there but still, it was an absolute joke then and it's still a huge joke now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It says clearly in the article I posted that before he died, former Victorian Premier John Cain didn't know of an entity more powerful than the AFL. If that doesn't ring alarm bells that maybe there's a fair bit going on between the state government and the league than I don't know what does.

It says clearly in the article I posted that before he died, former Victorian Premier John Cain didn't know of an entity more powerful than the AFL. If that doesn't ring alarm bells that maybe there's a fair bit going on between the state government and the league than I don't know what does.

Hmmmm, idk, maybe if instead of empty hyperbole there was actually a claim of impropriety?

Michael Warner from the Australian will be releasing a book called The Boy's Club this Wednesday, going into detail about some of the biggest scandals in modern AFL history and revealing incredibly dodgy dealings behind closed doors at AFL House. I'll be interested to see what the AFL's response is considering some of the topics in the book look to be hugely damning (especially on old mate Vlad).

View attachment 1136417
Gooding was odds on for a Commission gig, never happened.

Hmmmm, idk, maybe if instead of empty hyperbole there was actually a claim of impropriety?

Look at the sleazy GF deal, rotten to the core. The definition of impropriety, with the encumbents doing a deal behind closed doors while denying other interested partys a look in.

Last edited:
Wonder if tanking is gonna rear it's head in this one.

Pretty dodgy that only the Dees got done for that. Pretty clear other clubs were aiming for priority picks.
Even dodgier that the Crows got penalised by having one of their assistant coaches suspended!

Double standards are rife in this stitch up of a league. AFL House engineers the outcomes it wants. Hoping this book goes with both barrels and isn’t just a vague puff piece.

Can't see Warner exposing anywhere close to the extent of the corruption that exists between the AFL, Vic State Government and the MCC. There would be so many lawsuits filed against him his head would spin. Ditto outlining a of McGuire's back-door dealings. On the whole the Victorian public would not want this stuff exposed any rate because they are pretty happy with the corruption as it generally favours them, so extremely doubtful Warner will do a proper job with this book.

Yeah gee I wonder why a billion dollar company gets exemptions for things.
Yeah I gee I wonder why almost every other state applies the rules equally but Vic doesn't.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back