Toast The Brand New Thread of Appreciation

Remove this Banner Ad

I appreciate all the dilfs out there and the people who have to deal with my sh*t. LOVE YOU GUYS ALL

Sent from walking stick

sachx I appreciate your youthful energy on this board, and your ability to good-naturedly stir things up a little. I also love how you apply it so equally. Thanks for your wit, and the fresh air you bring to this place, and good luck with your footy! :)

sachx I appreciate your youthful energy on this board, and your ability to good-naturedly stir things up a little. I also love how you apply it so equally. Thanks for your wit, and the fresh air you bring to this place, and good luck with your footy! :)
Wow you’ve made my day!! You’re too nice, I appreciate that so much.

Have a great day!!!

I also appreciate Sopwiths North posting here and her attitude to stuff.

I also appreciate this tree being just across the road from where I live:

IMG20210520163036_BURST008.jpg

On CPH2069 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Apr 27, 2008
Brisbane
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Wassail everyone!

As we thread our way through the needle's eye that is Covid, I thought it might be time to start a fresh Thread of Appreciation. Partly as a way to say goodbye to the old - the things we actually appreciate are gone, or different now - but also as a place to express appreciation for the things we're carrying forward with us, and for what the future may hold.y

For myself, I'm obviously massively grateful to not have contracted Covid. 1 in 24 people has tested positive so far in Canada. And I continue to have a huge appreciation for the scientists all over the world who've worked diligently on vaccines to help keep us alive.

I'm also very happy to say goodbye to the pre-Covid 9-6 work day at my job permanently. We cut our hours back to 9-4 at the beginning of Covid, and no one wants to go back. Every single one of us appreciates our shortened day, and I am hopeful that more people get to benefit from similar changes to their work routines going forward.

I appreciate everything our footy club has done to keep our players safe through the pandemic, as well as its continued efforts to acknowledge and give its own appreciation to the player sponsors through these ever-shifting conditions. And I appreciate every person on here who has helped to sponsor a player too, and everyone who has held fast and kept their memberships through these weird times. And whaddaya know, we broke a record this year too! So awesome.

I also appreciate every poster on here who has shown consistent integrity, and will, to call out and refuse to tolerate any poster who abuses others, or our players on this forum. I'm not going to name you all, but I want to say that you are champions, and although I don't often speak up about it, I appreciate every single one of you for the times you do. You help keep this place as sane and grounded, and kind, as you have within your power.

There is a quote posted on one of Bigfooty's main pages that reads:

"The person who loves their dream of community will destroy community, but the person who loves those around them will create community." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer

So yeah, kudos to all the posters on here who create community by treating each other with decency, and by calling out abuse. You are the light of this forum, and indeed of the greater world outside of it. Keep shining. Our years ahead need to become lighter. Everywhere.

Finally, and most of all, I appreciate my beloved TOD, who is my light, every single day. We continue to send Morse code across the ocean, and dream of the day the borders open up again.

So there you go. A whole new thread for appreciation! I really hope you guys have things in your life that have arrived, or changed for the better, or at the very least not been lost because of Covid. If you feel like posting them here, then feel free.

And take care of each other. :blueheart:

View attachment 1194943

oh my gosh ferbs, you live at the base of the Yggdrasill! :greenheart:

Have you met the Norns yet?

Extra appreciation to Sopwiths North just for being a nice person 👏

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jan 23, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I also appreciate Sopwiths North posting here and her attitude to stuff.

I also appreciate this tree being just across the road from where I live:

View attachment 1196318

On CPH2069 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Phwoar that's enough wood to keep me warm during winter! I best add this :p Otherwise I'll be told off yet again by some righteous prick or ten.

Seriously does that wood burn well?

Phwoar that's enough wood to keep me warm during winter! I best add this :p Otherwise I'll be told off yet again by some righteous prick or ten.

Seriously does that wood burn well?
Its a fig tree. Its s**t wood for burning but it drops alot of branches.

Good luck chopping it down. Its wider than a car.

Le Grille

Cancelled
Veteran 10k Posts Werewolf Player SFA Good Friday Appeal North Melbourne - 2018 Luke Davies-Uniacke and Paul Ahern Player Sponsor BeanCoiNFT Investor North Melbourne - 2017 Junker and Wagner Player Sponsor Podcaster Zombie Lover A Star Wars Fan
Feb 14, 2005
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I don’t appreciate my last day at this firm and I have a tonne of stuff to get through yet our systems have packed it in

oh my gosh ferbs, you live at the base of the Yggdrasill! :greenheart:

Have you met the Norns yet?
Remember that day you asked us to go somewhere and spend some quiet time sending some love regarding the residential schools and all those dead kids? That's where I went to do that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back