The Brexit and its impact

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey Jose serious question: what does a regular non qualified person like me have to do to be allowed to start up a public fund that people can invest in and stuff?
not even sure, I am not a fund manager

Any updates? From an outsider looking in britain has handled it quite well to date.
Uncertainity always comes in with shorters paradise and panic selling.

Any updates? From an outsider looking in britain has handled it quite well to date.
Theresa May is busy pandering to the Chinese who are buliding a nuclear power plant. Labour are still trying to implode. Still loads of migrants around. The tube is still unreliable.

My US holiday got a lot more expensive, but other than that nothing has changed.

Well it is interesting now to see jobs going. Lots of insurance work has gone away from the UK. Dublin is going berserk! So many people I deal with are affected. Med supplies are being hoarded.

Now Sunderland will not produce the XTrail for Europe - which was in play right to the end.

If an employer is having Brexit induced layoffs should they make sure that the last leave voter lost their job before the first stay voter lost theirs?

Well it is interesting now to see jobs going. Lots of insurance work has gone away from the UK. Dublin is going berserk! So many people I deal with are affected. Med supplies are being hoarded.

Now Sunderland will not produce the XTrail for Europe - which was in play right to the end.

If an employer is having Brexit induced layoffs should they make sure that the last leave voter lost their job before the first stay voter lost theirs?
Probably more to do with EU emission standards than Brexit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is Dublin seeing a significant increase in job opportunities as a result of large multinationals relocating ?

I’ve always suspected the job loss threat was overblown, I’m happy to proven wrong though.

I’m also of the opinion it’ll go to another vote within the next 10 years and the interim will look a lot like how things were prior to Brexit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Probably more to do with EU emission standards than Brexit.

If the diesel thing had much to do with it then it would have been an announcement to reduce the level of production or not produce them at all. The announcement is that they are still going to build the Europe specced Xtrails, just that they will do it in Kyushu rather than Sunderland where they had been getting ready since the initial announcement in 2016.

Is Dublin seeing a significant increase in job opportunities as a result of large multinationals relocating ?

I’ve always suspected the job loss threat was overblown, I’m happy to proven wrong though.

I’m also of the opinion it’ll go to another vote within the next 10 years and the interim will look a lot like how things were prior to Brexit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In the experience of my own company --- yeah, it is very tight. Commercial space in Dublin is tough and we had trouble finding people. It depends what you do. Anyone in any sort of corporate law, finance, regulatory roles can just take their pick of jobs at the moment.

Some people I deal with have relocated, some even to Lux. Many others have had pressure.

But London itself is such a dynamic business environment that I don't think you would notice much change just y visiting and walking around.

If the diesel thing had much to do with it then it would have been an announcement to reduce the level of production or not produce them at all. The announcement is that they are still going to build the Europe specced Xtrails, just that they will do it in Kyushu rather than Sunderland where they had been getting ready since the initial announcement in 2016.
Nah, X-Trail sales were already hammered in the last few years since the VW scandal. They would have needed to reapply the 60 mill from the government to make it viable for next gen xtrails to be produced in the UK. Just makes business sense to use the factories they already have in existence rather than starting new in Sunderland when sales are falling.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back