The Brisbane Roar Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Got called up to umpire a Uni game of footy so missed the first half.

2nd half... what can you say.... as a Liverpool supporter, I know full well the pain of own goals. But damnit Matt McKay, he should know better than that. I was disgusted with that red card because it was deserved. He should serve time and then come off the bench. Discipline is everything

It was a very disappointing display today by the team, especially Mckay. It should have been a free kick to him as he did get clipped but still, that's not the way to go about it. Thought one word summed it up for us today and that was "rusty". Too much stuffing around with the ball in our own half and not enough runs being made forward of play. Hopefully we can improve dramatically on that performance by next week or else Sydney will give us a belting.

I'm not impressed with him even though he scored. Has zero work ethic. i'd play solorzano over him.

Mike needs to make changes thats 2 rubbish performances from Donachie and steffanutto

----------------------Young-------------
Hingert-------North?------Smith--------Brown
Miller-----------------Brattan-----------Lustica
Henrique------------Solorzano---------Broich

I feel bad for Donachie because he plays much better in the centre back position. He is not a right fullback, but who else do we have? Corey Brown? Is the only one I can think of that can fill that position. Steffanutto should have hung up the boots last season, as much as he's been a loyal servant to our club, he's cooked. What will we do when Broich retires? It scares me to even think about it!

Oh and another thing, can we please stop fiddling around with the ball in the front 3rd? Make some runs, do something creative, it's just so incredibly predictable at the moment.

I feel bad for Donachie because he plays much better in the centre back position. He is not a right fullback, but who else do we have? Corey Brown? Is the only one I can think of that can fill that position. Steffanutto should have hung up the boots last season, as much as he's been a loyal servant to our club, he's cooked. What will we do when Broich retires? It scares me to even think about it!

Hingert ?

Man, how did I forget about Hingert? :$ Hingert to start next week then! What you say, Mulvey? Depending on whether North is injured or not, Donachie could slot into the centre with Hingert coming in as right back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a dismal display of football from our boys. You can have 99% of possession but it won't mean a thing if you don't move out of your own half, let alone create any goal scoring oppportunities. Matt Acton must start next game, Young didn't look comfortable out there all night, looked totally lost at sea. I do think some of the ridiculously unnecessary passing attributed to that though. Kurtishi needs to find some hunger, just doesn't look interested half the time.
Oh well, s**t had better change remarkably in the next 2 weeks or another belting is on the cards against City.

Agree with most said here, so many players playing poorly and Mulvey is having a shocker atm. I think Young being blamed is harsh, but Donachie out of position gives us two poor fullbacks. He has the midfield mix wrong, and I think the decision to use up visa positions on Solarzano and Kurtishi will really hurt us. Kurtishi is too early to call but doesn't look up to it so far, and Solarzano is just a poor player really. We could find half a dozen local strikers that would do as well as he does. Could be a long season unless some changes are made.

Just heard on ABC Radio, Liam Miller has been released by the Brisbane Roar in order to pursue other opportunities elsewhere.

What the **** is going on with our club?
Yeh I read that this afternoon. I am absolutely devastated by the news. Who have we got to replace all those outgoing players? Kurtishi (still think he'll come good), Young(doesn't look good so far) Sarota who I haven't even heard of since we signed him and Bowles who hasn't even made the squads yet.

Miller was close to our most important player in our title win and have list him just like that. We've replaced quality with average players imo.

Yeh I read that this afternoon. I am absolutely devastated by the news. Who have we got to replace all those outgoing players? Kurtishi (still think he'll come good), Young(doesn't look good so far) Sarota who I haven't even heard of since we signed him and Bowles who hasn't even made the squads yet.

Miller was close to our most important player in our title win and have list him just like that. We've replaced quality with average players imo.

I'm very disturbed that he wants to persue other football options, when he wasn't even half way through a three year contract with us. Was he unhappy at the club? And if so, why and who else?

More rubbish. Dragging Hingert at half time was s**t. Why on earth would you waste a sub when the bloke replacing him is even worse... and we score off a lucky deflection. Steffanutto and Young going at it is signs that there's inside fighting

Remove this Banner Ad

Back