SloaneysDanger

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 26, 2014
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide Utd, Liverpool, Cavaliers
Not sure how I feel about Henrique signing with us. Would you have taken him back?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Greenstar5

Team Captain
Jun 21, 2017
Brisbane
AFL Club
Sydney
Disappointing no major sponsor on the front of the strip.

Was in Rebel im Brisbane. Looked weird all the Roar gear up, sponsors on other places but not the front. Looks kinda like best n less style.

Great8

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 19, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Manchester United, Juventus,
Surely the end for Aloisi after tonight’s embarrassing loss. Bundled out of the ACL by a Philippine side that would struggle to beat a amateur country side

TheKanga

Brownlow Medallist
May 31, 2011
Hobart
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal, Melbourne City
Embarassing how the numbers on their kits kept peeling off.
Amatuer hour.

hey shorty

Hall of Famer
Jun 15, 2005
Where the Hills have eyes
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Surely the end for Aloisi after tonight’s embarrassing loss. Bundled out of the ACL by a Philippine side that would struggle to beat a amateur country side
Their 3 import players were of very good quality, which is more embarrssing for Brisbane because they ran the show.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

____

Hodge 4, Voss 3, Buckley 0
Sep 1, 2009
Somewhere south of Brisbane and north of Fitzroy
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Everton Broncos Bullets Bulls Roar
I wanted Aloisi gone since last May when I travelled to Thailand to watch us field a second string side in the ACL because the domestic semi v Vuck was "more important", before going on to lose the semi anyway.

Want Popovic as our manager. Has won the ACL

NUFC Tiger

Premium Platinum
Apr 25, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
NUFC, Socceroos, FGR, NewcastleJets
Bad luck on the result guys - hopefully might be the catalyst for some changes at the club. The numbers falling off was almost farcical. Not a good look at all for the league.

On a personal note, was happy to see Ceres progress as I've got some Filipino heritage. The game is sort of having a golden era there the last few years. Can't see them getting past a cashed up Tianjin Quanjian who have Pato (remember him) and Witsel on the books though.

General Giant

Hall of Famer
Apr 12, 2012
AFL Club
GWS
I personally believe our club tanked the match last night so we wouldn't have to had coughed up flights to China
If thats true and proven i feel sorry for your fans as the ramifications will be huge.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Chezzalenko Reborn

Sweet Sweet Candy
Apr 19, 2005
The Pub
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Geelong Cats, UQ AFC, Liverpool FC
I wanted Aloisi gone since last May when I travelled to Thailand to watch us field a second string side in the ACL because the domestic semi v Vuck was "more important", before going on to lose the semi anyway.

Want Popovic as our manager. Has won the ACL
I wanted Aloisi out the moment he was announced as our manager.

Chezzalenko Reborn

Sweet Sweet Candy
Apr 19, 2005
The Pub
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Bad luck on the result guys - hopefully might be the catalyst for some changes at the club. The numbers falling off was almost farcical. Not a good look at all for the league.

On a personal note, was happy to see Ceres progress as I've got some Filipino heritage. The game is sort of having a golden era there the last few years. Can't see them getting past a cashed up Tianjin Quanjian who have Pato (remember him) and Witsel on the books though.
I'm not overally disappointed about the result as I really only care about the A-League and at the moment we can't even find form there. We need a break away from ACL and just focus on getting back to where we once were.

Wonderful to hear another BigFootian with a Philippine connection. I lived there is a 15 and 16 year old in Manila. Love the place to bits so any Filipino team will always have a place in my heart.

NUFC Tiger

Premium Platinum
Apr 25, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
I'm not overally disappointed about the result as I really only care about the A-League and at the moment we can't even find form there. We need a break away from ACL and just focus on getting back to where we once were.

Wonderful to hear another BigFootian with a Philippine connection. I lived there is a 15 and 16 year old in Manila. Love the place to bits so any Filipino team will always have a place in my heart.
Oh that's awesome. I'm half Filo on my mum's side (dad's Aussie) so I guess I see them as almost a second nation I root for after Australia in any sporting endeavours. Usually a bit of an underdog given they aren't exactly a country with a strong sporting pedigree but it's good to see the world game taking big steps in recent years. Hopefully Ceres and other clubs can help improve the standard of the game and players as well as growing people's interest in the game locally.

Chezzalenko Reborn

Sweet Sweet Candy
Apr 19, 2005
The Pub
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Oh that's awesome. I'm half Filo on my mum's side (dad's Aussie) so I guess I see them as almost a second nation I root for after Australia in any sporting endeavours. Usually a bit of an underdog given they aren't exactly a country with a strong sporting pedigree but it's good to see the world game taking big steps in recent years. Hopefully Ceres and other clubs can help improve the standard of the game and players as well as growing people's interest in the game locally.
As far as I remember their big big sport when I was there was basketball and boxing. I went to the international school there and as starting up cricket as well, but everywhere I'd go it was basketball.

Say what you will about the political situation over there, its a whole different world. I personally loved living there. Filipino chicks!

NUFC Tiger

Premium Platinum
Apr 25, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
As far as I remember their big big sport when I was there was basketball and boxing. I went to the international school there and as starting up cricket as well, but everywhere I'd go it was basketball.

Say what you will about the political situation over there, its a whole different world. I personally loved living there. Filipino chicks!
Yeah basketball and boxing (Pac man) easily the biggest sports there but at least football is now on the map haha.

Wonder how the cricket takes off there. It used to be a US colony so maybe baseball is more ingrained into their society?

Big Sauce 21

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 31, 2013
Morayfield
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Club went downhill when they decided Broich was to to leave yet kept hacks like McKay, Dagastino and Henrique

giggler99

Jul 5, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Victory, Napoli, Liverpool, Pens
Club went downhill when they decided Broich was to to leave yet kept hacks like McKay, Dagastino and Henrique
Question mate. Is there anyway for Brisbane to get out of Suncorp and into a boutique stadium? I don’t know Brisbane but surely there is a neat 15-20k rectangle stadium the roar can use other than Suncorp.

Big Sauce 21

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 31, 2013
Morayfield
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Question mate. Is there anyway for Brisbane to get out of Suncorp and into a boutique stadium? I don’t know Brisbane but surely there is a neat 15-20k rectangle stadium the roar can use other than Suncorp.
Ballymore. Where the Reds use to play. Not easy to get there though for fans plus I think it's heading towards being demolished.

Top Bottom