SloaneysDanger

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 26, 2014
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide Utd, Liverpool, Cavaliers
Kurtishi experiment has failed miserably. I know it's hard to replace Berisha but obviously Kurtishi just doesn't fit in at all. Are you lot looking to replace him in the window? I backed you guys to finish 6th and I think it will be pretty tough to knock City/Sydney out of there if you don't sign another striker.

Also Polenz is a good signing but Bowles has come in and played really well so that's going to suck for him if he loses his place to Polenz.

Last one - never play Donachie at RB ever again. Clearly shows he's a CB and has played well there since Smith left.

Apr 19, 2005
The Pub
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
UQ AFC (My only true team)
Oct 31, 2013
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
https://theroarreview.wordpress.com...-to-sign-serbian-striker-andrija-kaluderovic/

Brisbane have been looking for a striker this January transfer window, and it appears they may have found their man in Andrija Kaluderovic. Reports first emerged today on the Football Central website, and the Serbian could be announced this week.

Kaluderovic, 27, has had a host of clubs in his career, with his most successful spells coming at Serbian sides FK Rad -21 goals in 45 games- and Red Star Belgrade -19 goals in 43 games-. His most recent club was Swiss Super League side FC Thun, where he scored twice in five games before departing. He as also been capped at every level for the Serbian national team, with three senior appearances for his country.

Kaluderovic also has some experience in Asia which could useful, with a stint in the Chinese Super League with possible group stage opponent Beijing Guo’an back in 2012. His time in the Chinese capital wasn’t overly successful, with just two goals in 11 games before being loaned out to other clubs.

Henrique is a Aussie citizen now opening up a visa spot

Oct 31, 2013
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Cbus Super Stadium, the Robina venue with a capacity of 27,400, is set to host Brisbane’s March 25 Champions League match against a yet-to-be-confirmed opponent due to Suncorp Stadium’s unavailability because of a Foo Fighters concert at the venue the night before.

Really ? ! What a pain in the bum

Albi_Mangler

All Australian
Oct 22, 2013
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NFL, NBA, Roar, FC Tokyo
ACL games being played at Robina. It's a bit disappointing, but these games are historically not well attended and under 10k at Suncorp is really bad for everyon. Saying that I will still buy the 3 game pack and try to go.

I just wonder if there is a little hint of FFA testing the SEQ waters in this decision. I think that it would've been possible for Roar to play the first game at Robina and remaining games at Suncorp.

Apr 19, 2005
The Pub
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
UQ AFC (My only true team)
ACL games being played at Robina. It's a bit disappointing, but these games are historically not well attended and under 10k at Suncorp is really bad for everyon. Saying that I will still buy the 3 game pack and try to go.

I just wonder if there is a little hint of FFA testing the SEQ waters in this decision. I think that it would've been possible for Roar to play the first game at Robina and remaining games at Suncorp.

Not possible due to the ACL regulations. All Home ACL games MUST be at the same venue :(

Albi_Mangler

All Australian
Oct 22, 2013
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NFL, NBA, Roar, FC Tokyo
Yeah i read the regs. There is a clause whereby 1 fixture can be changed "due to unforeseen circumstances". Whether on not it was tested by the club is unknown.

It is likely that after doing the research for the single game at Robina, the profit margins were quite good. The deal at Suncorp would have seen the club lose money. This arrangement would be totally different with the possibility of being able to sign on other sponsors on the Gold Coast.

FFA would also be keen on testing the market with Gallop indicating the desire for a second team in SEQ.

lion4life

Club Legend
Apr 27, 2008
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Liverpool; Washington Wizards
It's a ******* farce. Simple as that. They're expecting Roar supporters based in Brisbane to travel down to that shithole of a stadium in Gold Coast on a weeknight during peak hour traffic (2 hour trip). We're called the Brisbane Roar for a reason, not the ****ing Gold Coast Roar.

And then they spout this s**t about being required to play all 3 games at Suncorp and so they're required to find another venue. When previously, their's an established record of the Melbourne Victory moving one of their group ACL games last year from Docklands to Melbourne Stadium.

They can go and * right off.

Albi_Mangler

All Australian
Oct 22, 2013
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NFL, NBA, Roar, FC Tokyo
Feels weird making the finals this way but I will take it. Glory signed some good players before the season and rumour has it we were speaking to Keogh pre-season also. Who knows possibly the extra $$ offered by Glory got him over the line otherwise he may have been playing in Orange this season. No sympathy at all for the club but would suck for the fans. Let hope we win our first final vs either Syd or Adel!

Back