Boro

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 21, 2003
Sunshine Coast
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Middlesbrough, Roar, Celtics, Cubs
Shocker of a season finally ends. I moved up to the Sunny Coast so didn't get to many games this year but looked like the quality of matches was well down this season. Hopefully next year is better, but looking at the contract situation and obviously the financial issues it could be a poor couple of years ahead.

Anyone on here doing any Roar aways for the upcoming season?

For me:
WSW Rd 1 - confirmed. Will be going to NRL GF as well so be there for a few days/nights.
Newcastle Rd 8 (Nov) - likely. Planning to drive down for this.
Sydney FC Rd 17 (Jan) - confirmed. Saw flights $39 each way with Jetstar from GC to Sydney. Couldn't help myself. Didn't have to pay a booking fee either cheapest flights ever! (Although booking on the Jetstar site is a pain in the ass process)
Melb City Rd 24 (Mar) - 25% chance. Will depend entirely on AFL fixture and whether the Lions play in Melbourne that weekend.
Melb Victory Rd 27 (Apr) - 25% chance. Will depend entirely on AFL fixture and whether the Lions play in Melbourne that weekend.

Albi_Mangler

All Australian
Oct 22, 2013
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NFL, NBA, Roar, FC Tokyo
What sort of a player is Luke Brattan?

Apparently we (Brighton) have been talking to him.

Rate him very highly. Excellent distributor with a very good long range shooting ability.

On the bench for the Socceroos in our currently World Cup qualifiers but probably being kept out of the team by Milligan. Tim Cahill rates him too and reckons he could be our next Bresciano.

Very sad to see him departing but hopefully he can find a team in the Championship.. as long as he doesn't score against my team QPR.

Albi_Mangler

All Australian
Oct 22, 2013
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NFL, NBA, Roar, FC Tokyo
Anyone on here doing any Roar aways for the upcoming season?

For me:
WSW Rd 1 - confirmed. Will be going to NRL GF as well so be there for a few days/nights.
Newcastle Rd 8 (Nov) - likely. Planning to drive down for this.
Sydney FC Rd 17 (Jan) - confirmed. Saw flights $39 each way with Jetstar from GC to Sydney. Couldn't help myself. Didn't have to pay a booking fee either cheapest flights ever! (Although booking on the Jetstar site is a pain in the ass process)
Melb City Rd 24 (Mar) - 25% chance. Will depend entirely on AFL fixture and whether the Lions play in Melbourne that weekend.
Melb Victory Rd 27 (Apr) - 25% chance. Will depend entirely on AFL fixture and whether the Lions play in Melbourne that weekend.

Really hard to get excited for the season with all the crap going on at the moment. Sounding like we may have to endure this for the entire season which will be devastating to the Roar brand. I have not renewed my memberships yet and heard that the current total is about 3-4k.

With the away games I like to either time them with AFL or Test cricket too, but no luck this year. Last year was awesome with the Test in Adelaide at the same time as our game against the Reds (W) and also night before the World Cup Final we played MelbCity (L).

Really hard to get excited for the season with all the crap going on at the moment. Sounding like we may have to endure this for the entire season which will be devastating to the Roar brand. I have not renewed my memberships yet and heard that the current total is about 3-4k.

With the away games I like to either time them with AFL or Test cricket too, but no luck this year. Last year was awesome with the Test in Adelaide at the same time as our game against the Reds (W) and also night before the World Cup Final we played MelbCity (L).
I'm really keen on the AFL fixture, really hoping Lions play in Melb same weekend as Melb City and Victory away.

Even though I'm not a big T20 fan, Aus v India is the night after Sydney FC away. I was a 5% chance of doing that trip before seeing the super cheap flights.

Also did Melb City away last season, mind you had the cricket world cup final tickets booked the day it went on sale (Feb last year) so Roar playing in Melbourne that weekend was good timing.

Jul 5, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Victory,Napoli,Liverpool,Penguins

Please. FFA ownership better than these f'wits.

Sad to see this crap dragging on!! especially to a club that has been so successful as the the roar feel sorry for you roar fans! I see the club has just over 3K members says it all, the FFA must act!! because the longer this continues the deeper down the dunny the club will end up! probably have no fans left to attend their first match at Suncorp!

Boro

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 21, 2003
Sunshine Coast
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
It is impossible to get excited for the season ahead…Bratten leaving and the supporters actually not giving a s**t says it all…The fact we've become a boys club since Aloisi has taken over just makes things worse…Oh well.

Albi_Mangler

All Australian
Oct 22, 2013
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NFL, NBA, Roar, FC Tokyo
It is impossible to get excited for the season ahead…Bratten leaving and the supporters actually not giving a s**t says it all…The fact we've become a boys club since Aloisi has taken over just makes things worse…Oh well.

How about now?

Been a terrible off-season but I was quietly confident that we could still be relatively competitive once the season started. Aloisi is a class act and has done some hard work since his Heart gig so I am willing to give him a good run at it.

With the signings of McLaren and Corona I reckon we could challenge the title if we stay injury free.

Boro

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 21, 2003
Sunshine Coast
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
How about now?

Been a terrible off-season but I was quietly confident that we could still be relatively competitive once the season started. Aloisi is a class act and has done some hard work since his Heart gig so I am willing to give him a good run at it.

With the signings of McLaren and Corona I reckon we could challenge the title if we stay injury free.

Any away win is a very good result, so yeah, a great start. I'm more worried about the Moore and Dodd type appointments than I am about Aloisi who I'm prepared to give time to...as for challenging for the title, I'm not so sure. Defence looks the weak link, and McLaren will have to have a great season. Stranger things have happened, but I think the two Melbourne clubs and Sydney will be the teams to beat.

Sep 26, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
Any away win is a very good result, so yeah, a great start. I'm more worried about the Moore and Dodd type appointments than I am about Aloisi who I'm prepared to give time to...as for challenging for the title, I'm not so sure. Defence looks the weak link, and McLaren will have to have a great season. Stranger things have happened, but I think the two Melbourne clubs and Sydney will be the teams to beat.
well McLaren has had a great season and we knocked out one of the melbourne teams, think we can win it from here?

Boro

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 21, 2003
Sunshine Coast
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
well McLaren has had a great season and we knocked out one of the melbourne teams, think we can win it from here?

Underdogs this week but we have a great chance as we match up well against WSW. Always interesting looking back to pre season predictions. McLaren has had an amazing year and will hopefully just get better. Defence, especially left back, is still the achilles heel, but no side is perfect.

SloaneysDanger

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 26, 2014
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide Utd, Liverpool, Cavaliers
Do you guys think Broich will be back next season? Is he even signed for next season? He's been one of the best players the league has ever seen but he wasn't the Thomas Broich of previous seasons this year. I think Brisbane can be a better team with Oar on the left and Borrello on the right with Maclaren up the guts. I reckon it's in Brisbane's best interest to invest in an international CB and get rid of Donache.

Last edited:
Oct 31, 2013
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
1 more year on his contract. Can't see the club letting him go. Solorzano, Polenz and Hervas will all leave so we'll have 3 international spots available.

Club is trying to get Michael Zullo back so we don't have to see Corey Brown ever again. I would keep Donachie, had a poor night last night but so did the entire team. Would chop North and play Devere

SloaneysDanger

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 26, 2014
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide Utd, Liverpool, Cavaliers
1 more year on his contract. Can't see the club letting him go. Solorzano, Polenz and Hervas will all leave so we'll have 3 international spots available.

Club is trying to get Michael Zullo back so we don't have to see Corey Brown ever again. I would keep Donachie, had a poor night last night but so did the entire team. Would chop North and play Devere
Is Stefanutto going to get the chop too? Seems like Aloisi prefers Brown so surely that's the end of Stefanutto. Zullo prefers LW and plays better football there rather than LB but he's better than Stefanutto and Brown there I guess.

Is Donachie rated by the fans? Seems like you guys can do better, he was awful last night. North is old and I wouldn't want him at my club but he did a decent job this season.

Oct 31, 2013
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Is Stefanutto going to get the chop too? Seems like Aloisi prefers Brown so surely that's the end of Stefanutto. Zullo prefers LW and plays better football there rather than LB but he's better than Stefanutto and Brown there I guess.

Is Donachie rated by the fans? Seems like you guys can do better, he was awful last night. North is old and I wouldn't want him at my club but he did a decent job this season.

Donachie is the u/21 captain. From what I know most fans rate him. Steffanutto has retired.

Back