The Brisbane Roar Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Seems Dimi Petratos has been sold to a K-League team
Pretty pissed off about it, not the leaving part but the fact he joined the dirtiest team in Asia

I still remember when we played them in the 2012 ACL

Disappointing no major sponsor on the front of the strip.

Was in Rebel im Brisbane. Looked weird all the Roar gear up, sponsors on other places but not the front. Looks kinda like best n less style.

Surely the end for Aloisi after tonight’s embarrassing loss. Bundled out of the ACL by a Philippine side that would struggle to beat a amateur country side
Their 3 import players were of very good quality, which is more embarrssing for Brisbane because they ran the show.

I wanted Aloisi gone since last May when I travelled to Thailand to watch us field a second string side in the ACL because the domestic semi v Vuck was "more important", before going on to lose the semi anyway.

Want Popovic as our manager. Has won the ACL

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bad luck on the result guys - hopefully might be the catalyst for some changes at the club. The numbers falling off was almost farcical. Not a good look at all for the league.

On a personal note, was happy to see Ceres progress as I've got some Filipino heritage. The game is sort of having a golden era there the last few years. Can't see them getting past a cashed up Tianjin Quanjian who have Pato (remember him) and Witsel on the books though.

I wanted Aloisi gone since last May when I travelled to Thailand to watch us field a second string side in the ACL because the domestic semi v Vuck was "more important", before going on to lose the semi anyway.

Want Popovic as our manager. Has won the ACL

I wanted Aloisi out the moment he was announced as our manager.

Bad luck on the result guys - hopefully might be the catalyst for some changes at the club. The numbers falling off was almost farcical. Not a good look at all for the league.

On a personal note, was happy to see Ceres progress as I've got some Filipino heritage. The game is sort of having a golden era there the last few years. Can't see them getting past a cashed up Tianjin Quanjian who have Pato (remember him) and Witsel on the books though.

I'm not overally disappointed about the result as I really only care about the A-League and at the moment we can't even find form there. We need a break away from ACL and just focus on getting back to where we once were.

Wonderful to hear another BigFootian with a Philippine connection. I lived there is a 15 and 16 year old in Manila. Love the place to bits so any Filipino team will always have a place in my heart.

I'm not overally disappointed about the result as I really only care about the A-League and at the moment we can't even find form there. We need a break away from ACL and just focus on getting back to where we once were.

Wonderful to hear another BigFootian with a Philippine connection. I lived there is a 15 and 16 year old in Manila. Love the place to bits so any Filipino team will always have a place in my heart.

Oh that's awesome. I'm half Filo on my mum's side (dad's Aussie) so I guess I see them as almost a second nation I root for after Australia in any sporting endeavours. Usually a bit of an underdog given they aren't exactly a country with a strong sporting pedigree but it's good to see the world game taking big steps in recent years. Hopefully Ceres and other clubs can help improve the standard of the game and players as well as growing people's interest in the game locally.

Oh that's awesome. I'm half Filo on my mum's side (dad's Aussie) so I guess I see them as almost a second nation I root for after Australia in any sporting endeavours. Usually a bit of an underdog given they aren't exactly a country with a strong sporting pedigree but it's good to see the world game taking big steps in recent years. Hopefully Ceres and other clubs can help improve the standard of the game and players as well as growing people's interest in the game locally.

As far as I remember their big big sport when I was there was basketball and boxing. I went to the international school there and as starting up cricket as well, but everywhere I'd go it was basketball.

Say what you will about the political situation over there, its a whole different world. I personally loved living there. Filipino chicks!

As far as I remember their big big sport when I was there was basketball and boxing. I went to the international school there and as starting up cricket as well, but everywhere I'd go it was basketball.

Say what you will about the political situation over there, its a whole different world. I personally loved living there. Filipino chicks!

Yeah basketball and boxing (Pac man) easily the biggest sports there but at least football is now on the map haha.

Wonder how the cricket takes off there. It used to be a US colony so maybe baseball is more ingrained into their society?

Club went downhill when they decided Broich was to to leave yet kept hacks like McKay, Dagastino and Henrique
Question mate. Is there anyway for Brisbane to get out of Suncorp and into a boutique stadium? I don’t know Brisbane but surely there is a neat 15-20k rectangle stadium the roar can use other than Suncorp.

Question mate. Is there anyway for Brisbane to get out of Suncorp and into a boutique stadium? I don’t know Brisbane but surely there is a neat 15-20k rectangle stadium the roar can use other than Suncorp.
Ballymore. Where the Reds use to play. Not easy to get there though for fans plus I think it's heading towards being demolished.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back