• Gram

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Adcock

• Other (Please Specify)

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I didn't see the game but if he wasn't stuck in the BP then that's a good sign.

Wasn't expecting a massive score at that ground anyway.

He wasn't stuck in a back pocket, nor did he have a close-checking role on anybody.

However, he scored 110+ at the SCG last year.

I'm having my doubts, but like some have pointed out, Adcock isn't faring much better. Grimes???

If you are worried about his ball-winning ability, why did you even select him? If he keeps playing that role, he'll score well.

That isn't a problem for me - it's when he is given a defensive role that worries me.

Because he got midfield time in the NAB Cup, scored well, trained with the midfield group, scored very well when midfield last year etc etc

When he has less of a defensive role and churns out a 67, that to me signal alarm bells.

That just made no sense

What is your team name?
Why do you feel the need to criticize all the time. You act like you know everything which is absolutely ridiculous considering the amount of luck that is actually involved with dream team. I finished very high in the overall rankings a few years ago and I know first hand the amount of luck you have to get for things to fall your way.

On further note, stop asking for everyone's rankings, a good overall ranking does not necessarily reflect DT knowledge.

Duffield has a rib injury so he may miss the next game. If that happens Broughton will definately play in defense. BTW he is not that great a midfielder and much better in defense.

Yeah, I know, but the bignumbers he got last year reflected the periods when he got midfield stints.

I think with players like Mundy and Morabito due to slot in, and Barlow gradually gaining fitness, that Broughton will get given more defensive roles for the rest of the season and less time in midfield. I thought today's game would be a great one for Broughton - he scored well there last season, and today he got plenty of time on the wing. All for a 67 in the end.

Sure, he can still score well in Dream Team terms if he moves more permanently to defense, but there's no guarantee he'll pump out consistent high scores.

This is why I'm turfing him. I completely understand those who keep him though - because you do know he is capable of big numbers.

Yeah, I know, but the bignumbers he got last year reflected the periods when he got midfield stints.

I think with players like Mundy and Morabito due to slot in, and Barlow gradually gaining fitness, that Broughton will get given more defensive roles for the rest of the season and less time in midfield. I thought today's game would be a great one for Broughton - he scored well there last season, and today he got plenty of time on the wing. All for a 67 in the end.

Sure, he can still score well in Dream Team terms if he moves more permanently to defense, but there's no guarantee he'll pump out consistent high scores.

This is why I'm turfing him. I completely understand those who keep him though - because you do know he is capable of big numbers.
Nah, not worth the heart burn each game. 50 one week then 110 the next. I've blacklisted Heath Shaw for this very reason and Broughton may soon follow.

Why do you feel the need to criticize all the time. You act like you know everything which is absolutely ridiculous considering the amount of luck that is actually involved with dream team. I finished very high in the overall rankings a few years ago and I know first hand the amount of luck you have to get for things to fall your way.

On further note, stop asking for everyone's rankings, a good overall ranking does not necessarily reflect DT knowledge.

DWD's just pissed off I refuse to acknowledge his requests to stalk my team.

I enjoy his meltdowns.

Always asks for dt names. Staunching much? :eek:

+1 :thumbsu:

Very annoying.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nah, not worth the heart burn each game. 50 one week then 110 the next. I've blacklisted Heath Shaw for this very reason and Broughton may soon follow.

Heh, true. Heath Shaw without the off-field drama.

It will be an interesting week, that's for sure. There's just no backs out there that I really want in my team before Round 3. Any ideas?

Scotland - relatively durable, consistent, age is a concern
Deledio - everyone has him
Goddard - everyone has him
Birchall - relatively durable, consistent - but I have him already
Adcock - injury risk, scores may be impacted when Lions get players back
Grimes - even riskier
Waters - injury risk, plus he may get rubbed out by the MRP anyway
Heppell - quiet first two games
Enright - will slide massively in price, needs games under his belt
Lake - still getting there
Hargrave - probably won't produce massive numbers, already have him anyway

Mackie? Bock? Newman?

No back rookies really appeal to me either at this point in time.

Heppell scored 87 and also cant remember what he got round 1 i think it was 70 something from memory. So he could be an option.

Im not sure if i will bite my own bullet and look at Goddard or Deledio. Didnt pick Deledio because of his tough draw but than hes just scored 90 against carlton and 130 odd against the pies. Not getting tagged.

Lids has always been a consistent player given the options back there. Heppell from memory was easily on track for the ton in the first game but then did practically nothing in the second half?

Having said that, I have Broughton in my side and looking at guys like Deledio as a replacement.

Yeah maybe saying he had a 'quiet first two games' is a bit of an understatement. He scored well in the first half of Round 1 then died. An 80 odd this rouind is certainly not disgraceful.

Yes, I already have Heppell :) :(

Time to conduct some research!

I reckon Tim Mohr is a must have. Will average around 80 this year.

I completely forgot about him. Mature age, seems to have good job security, decent numbers in his first game. Even if he has a poor game tomorrow I think he may be a worthy consideration.

Thanks! :thumbsu:

hmmm don't know what to do with Broughton, on 14/1597 this round with Broughton so I'm doing ok this week but my head to head cash comps start next week and i need this fixed. Only got 10k left

Might do Goodes for Chappy and Broughton for Birchall (depending on his data this week). Don't like a sideways trade but Goodes also isn't showing much so far

50 point second half was promising. the sooner lyon realises this bloke is a decent decision maker the better. However he continues to show faith in pearce, debore crowly mcphee johnson as the go to men from defence, which is the reason they lost.

Bigger dilmma at the moment is heath shaw. There both going to drop 100k i would think, so if mohr scores well, might do brought to mohr shaw to clarke, then upgrade to 6 premium mids straight away

I hate wasting trades, I'm tempted to leave him for now and hope he turns it around over the next few rounds.

No love for Broughton - Yarran?

Back