Analysis The Brown Shoots Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Gorringe slowly improving each week...pretty clear he's not a ruckman which is what he played in his first match..against Goldstein no less.

He's a forward who can pinch hit in the ruck.
Took some nice grabs today, his tackling was good, handballs good, was just a bit off with his goal kicking, though the 1 he kicked was really nice.

Of course this could just be a honeymoon period and then we fall in a heap. Another false dawn rising? Or is this the start of something grand?

From Mumbai

No honeymoon. The team has structure. Our leaders were down today. Kreuz off injured plus the short week after the grueling effort last week. We still managed to win by 6 goals.
Yes but how do you know this will be long term and we won't fall back into the shitness we have for the last 2 decades?

From Mumbai

This guy needs to be given some kudos:
Physical Preparation Manager
Joel Hocking.

Who needs to go to Arizona?

Read this too quickly and thought it referred to this guy:

941718-joe-hockey-2007.jpg

Was concerned...

Yes but how do you know this will be long term and we won't fall back into the shitness we have for the last 2 decades?

From Mumbai

Plenty of other places you can take the negative talk....this is not the place for it though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm looking forward to the gradual addition of the 2015 draft selections too, Silvani , McKay, Curnow and Cuningham.
Very exciting times ahead, the sky is the limit with the enthusiasium, work ethic and wining process that Bolton has instilled.

Actually stuns me when I realise in a passage of play some bloke wearing 37 runs effortlessly with the mids, giving and receiving and handing off again is actually a 200cm'ish Gorringe.

His ease of movement and agility is brilliant for his size and when he's hunched over running, he doesn't look as big. But then when he goes into "tall" mode and takes a mark it's pretty apparent.

Probably not a ruckman's A-hole and who knows if he'll ever be consistent in the other roles, but there's another green shoot alright :thumbsu:

Gorringe has really surprised me with what he has shown so far. An ability to take a contested mark, dish off solid handballs in tight spaces and kick reasonably well for goal.

I'm not yet convinced he'll be a part of the team in 2-3 years, but if he continues to gain confidence and impose himself on the contest, he'll keep his spot. :)

Of course this could just be a honeymoon period and then we fall in a heap. Another false dawn rising? Or is this the start of something grand?

From Mumbai

From Mumbai

This is a positive thread.

Let's keep it that way!

Doc showing why he is going to be our next captain. Plays well when the rest of the team is struggling.
Doc & Simmo hopefully have a secret place where they go and shake their heads quietly.

Doc & Simmo hopefully have a secret place where they go and shake their heads quietly.
Simmo does it a bit on the ground... If they both be teaching leadership to the rest of the list, we are not going backwards

I woke up this morning to scenes reminiscent of Jack and the Bean Stalk. Right in the middle of my living room overnight a massive green shoot had grown. Actually calling it merely a green shoot would be disrespectful. This was more like something you would expect to see growing in an untouched wilderness area. The ******* green shoots are there people, true dinks. This year has been the most wonderful experience for a Carlton supporter after many years of utter shite. Really looking forward to snagging a couple more wins this year and improving the list again over summer!

Yesterday we won 3 quarters against the Swans in Sydney!!!

GO BLUES.

All good signs and all very well co-ordinated, to date:
Weitering, Sivagni and CCurnow are all in our best team already.
We are giving some allowances to SOS and Charlie, but it's just what we have to do for good reasons.
Players 22 years of age and under:

Weitering: Quality player/leader for the next 12 years. Easy
CCurnow: Could be anything and have the impact of a Stringer if he's committed enough. Ed helps.
Silvagni: Clever player that will have a role in our forward line for years to come. Just does little things that will amount to much bigger things.
McKay: Bolton can't hold back a smile at the mere mention of his name (Harry that is and not Andrew) and for good reasons. Beast.
Cuningham: The player I thought would play the most games but injury hasn't helped him. Terrific speed and evasive skills. Will take time.
Glass-McCasker: Our project player from last years intake. Never going to be a high possession player but could be a terrific stopper.
Gallucci: Bad luck that may not allow him another year on the list. Bad luck.

Plowman: Clearly best 22 already and will only get better. Smart player that takes the game on.
Phillips: Brilliant pre-season and has only shown glimpses so far. Right age to really start making an impact. Will only get better.
Sumner: The big surprise for me. Thought he'd be a no-show for the year but he's already showing signs and can only get better.
Lamb: Touch and go whether he makes it but no-one's complaining.
Kerridge: Disposal not great but commitment is. Will be given time and he will become an asset.

Byrne: Could be an A-Grader given his athletic abilities, strength, smarts and run.
Boekhorst: Will be a better player once we're a better team.
Docherty: Out and out gun. No need to say more.
Cripps: As above.
Jaksch: Has another year but will have to find something he hasn't been able to, to date. Ability not an issue. Commitment is.
V-Rainbow: Needs to work harder but may not be given the time to do so.
Smith: Has ability but maybe not the football IQ.
Foster: Not going to happen, unfortunately.
Gowers: Touch and go but I believe he has plenty to offer. Is really starting to show plenty.

We'd be pretty happy should 13 of the 21 become quality AFL players.
Other than the highlighted, rookies in Gowers & Glass-McCasker have a good chance.
Jaksch has another year but if the penny hasn't dropped to date, will it next year? It doesn't often work that way, but it may.
Would be nice should 16 / 21 come about but that may be pushing it just a little.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back