Analysis The Brown Shoots Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

All good signs and all very well co-ordinated, to date:
Weitering, Sivagni and CCurnow are all in our best team already.
We are giving some allowances to SOS and Charlie, but it's just what we have to do for good reasons.
Players 22 years of age and under:

Weitering: Quality player/leader for the next 12 years. Easy
CCurnow: Could be anything and have the impact of a Stringer if he's committed enough. Ed helps.
Silvagni: Clever player that will have a role in our forward line for years to come. Just does little things that will amount to much bigger things.
McKay: Bolton can't hold back a smile at the mere mention of his name (Harry that is and not Andrew) and for good reasons. Beast.
Cuningham: The player I thought would play the most games but injury hasn't helped him. Terrific speed and evasive skills. Will take time.
Glass-McCasker: Our project player from last years intake. Never going to be a high possession player but could be a terrific stopper.
Gallucci: Bad luck that may not allow him another year on the list. Bad luck.

Plowman: Clearly best 22 already and will only get better. Smart player that takes the game on.
Phillips: Brilliant pre-season and has only shown glimpses so far. Right age to really start making an impact. Will only get better.
Sumner: The big surprise for me. Thought he'd be a no-show for the year but he's already showing signs and can only get better.
Lamb: Touch and go whether he makes it but no-one's complaining.
Kerridge: Disposal not great but commitment is. Will be given time and he will become an asset.

Byrne: Could be an A-Grader given his athletic abilities, strength, smarts and run.
Boekhorst: Will be a better player once we're a better team.
Docherty: Out and out gun. No need to say more.
Jaksch: Has another year but will have to find something he hasn't been able to, to date. Ability not an issue. Commitment is.
V-Rainbow: Needs to work harder but may not be given the time to do so.
Smith: Has ability but maybe not the football IQ.
Foster: Not going to happen, unfortunately.
Gowers: Touch and go but I believe he has plenty to offer. Is really starting to show plenty.

We'd be pretty happy should 12 of the 20 become quality AFL players.
Other than the highlighted, rookies in Gowers & Glass-McCasker have a good chance.
Jaksch has another year but if the penny hasn't dropped to date, will it next year? It doesn't often work that way, but it may.
Would be nice should 15 / 20 come about but that may be pushing it just a little.
Cripps goes alright too.

scorchedearth.jpg

Kidding

AFL+Rd+15+Carlton+v+Collingwood+vkhqvjzQGAMl.jpg

didnt do a lot but what cuningham did was impressive. classy, showed some poise and a good kick. the draft class of 2015 is looking good so far
Can lay a tackle, too, and has clean hands. Jack is looking like the business. Weiters is Weiters. Charlie has x-factor. Got Harry to come. 2015 might be our most important draft in like, well, ever.

Can lay a tackle, too, and has clean hands. Jack is looking like the business. Weiters is Weiters. Charlie has x-factor. Got Harry to come. 2015 might be our most important draft in like, well, ever.
In 1 year I reckon if we can snag 2 drafts in a row will go a long way to getting us where we want to go. :thumbsu:

I thought at the start of the year Jack would be lucky to get a game. Not because he wasn't good enough, just that we would groom him and not expose him to the AFL until next year, or at most, a game or 2 this year late to get a taste of AFL (pretty much the thoughts of SOS, too). Boy has he proven me wrong. He's well and truly in our best 22 and might already be out best pure forward*. He's smart, one of those guys who just seems to be able to find space. He has good goal sense. Has very clean hands, can lead, chase and kick straight with composure when the pressure is on.

Although, that statement might be more to do with the state of our forwards than anything. But still impressive for a first year player....

*pure forward, knowing how to play as a genuine forward, not just kicking goals but everything that goes with it. Cas can take a big mark. But that's it. Isn't smart in finding space, where to lead or a great kick.

Was rapt for SOSAJ, finally realised with Jones and Cas in the forward line with Everitt out that he's the best shot for goal in that arc so he should stop doing the team thing, strut and kick it through the big sticks. The boy is working hard, putting on bulk and you can see his arms starting to tone up a bit too.

He may not be quick but has the genetic footy brain missing from so many on our list (especially in our forward line) that it's good to finally see what potentially we have in store in the next 10+ years. Now if he can start taking speckies like his dad...

I remember thinking to myself last year during our loss to Brisbane, 'gee that Tom Cutler has a decent set of wheels on him!'

I remember thinking on Saturday during our game against Brisbane, 'gee David Cuningham just burnt Tom Cutler off with ease there!'

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I remember thinking to myself last year during our loss to Brisbane, 'gee that Tom Cutler has a decent set of wheels on him!'

I remember thinking on Saturday during our game against Brisbane, 'gee David Cuningham just burnt Tom Cutler off with ease there!'
I like it :thumbsu:

sweet post

Plenty of green shoots in yesterday's win over the Demons.

Just a shame that SOS and Charlie weren't out there as well.

For me the green shoots have been around all year and I reckon yesterday's win was well needed.

Many were thinking the gloss was wearing off but even during those many losses we had some seriously good results against some great opposition. We played a lot of young players and from memory had 3 interstate trips in 4 weeks at one point. This win just tops off a great year of change and holds us in fantastic stead for 2017 and beyond!

GREEN ******* SHOOTS!! :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

Cuningham showed a few nice flashes of play on the weekend. Would have been great for the kids confidence if he had of nailed that left foot snap from the pocket, it was going through too.
He's clearly still finding his way out there and adjusting to the pace of the game, but a few of his pick ups have been really sharp. Seems to cut through traffic really well too, I'm starting to see why SOS rated him so highly.
You can tell the kids got some speed, but really like that he's come in and had 7 tackles in both games.
Think with another preseason under his belt, he could really add something to the side in 2017.

one year down of the rebuild and still a lot of changes to be made. looking to the future this year gave a lot of hope.

bolton has been impressive and is the right person to take us forward. he is building a culture that hasn't been at the club in more than 20 years. the green shoots this year that give me great hope are cuningham mckay charlie silvagni weitering plowman cripps byrne docherty phillips & sumner.

long way to go but its a start

Remove this Banner Ad

Back