The Browne-Clark-McClure-Barrett Register - Measuring AFL journalist performance at trade time

Who do you think will have the best success rate?

• Sam McClure

Votes: 22 18.6%
  • Jay Clark

Votes: 9 7.6%
  • Damian Barrett

Votes: 18 15.3%
  • Sam Edmund

Votes: 10 8.5%
  • other

Votes: 38 32.2%
  • Tom Browne

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mitch Cleary

Votes: 18 15.3%
  • Tom Morris

Votes: 3 2.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Good one spotted over on the North board

October 10: North have offered De Goey 7 year contract - Tony Sheahan
October 11: North have not even approached me regarding De Goey - De Goey's manager

Hows it going? I made a clear effort to avoid trade radio type things this year. Just check out Mitch Cleary occasionally

Dal Santo was on SEN when the Frost deal announced and it seemed to completely escape him that the Hawks are looking for F-S points.

Instead he said they should pick a jingle for trade announcements, spent time discussing that instead.

Hows it going? I made a clear effort to avoid trade radio type things this year. Just check out Mitch Cleary occasionally

Dal Santo was on SEN when the Frost deal announced and it seemed to completely escape him that the Hawks are looking for F-S points.

Instead he said they should pick a jingle for trade announcements, spent time discussing that instead.
Dal Santo is a lightweight. Has never offered anything remotely insightful in a football sense or on anything else for that matter.

When malcolm blight went to adelaide fc, all the list management was done before he fronted up, that turned out OK

Maybe in light of all the ructions and factions, the have decided to revisit that. So the new coach gets clean air

Maybe the adleaide coach is already settled, but the announcement comes after the stuff is over

Last edited:
BigFooty - I come to you in need of assistance to act as the 'Champion Data' of sorts for the AFL media with the onset of the trade period.

I'm working on what I call The Browne-Clark-McClure-Barrett Register, which is essentially a running sheet of all the rumors and predictions spouted by sources in the media, and later on making a call on whether or not it's true or false.

This will give the community a basis on which to judge the efficacy of a prediction or a call from each of the journalists, based on how many predictions they make and the success rate of those predictions.

Just post here or submit via this form when you see a rumor from a media pundit with the source and I will put it in the register and update it daily (hopefully).

EDIT: I won't be including Facebook or Twitter pages for a few reasons; one, because they're honestly not to be trusted in the first place and, two, no one on earth has that amount of time.

Need to update this, Langdon now at MFC.

McClure spent the entire trade period getting basic facts wrong about players ages, Brownlow winners etc. This was despite the fact you could hear them typing in the background to 'verify' information. So that tells me that either he is too lazy to do the leg work on certain topics OR he is one of those people who flatly tries to tell you they are correct and don't give themselves wiggle room in case of they are wrong.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

the other thing that pisses me off about these clowns is their inconsistent views on trades depending on the player/club

Barrett slammed Sydney for not offering two top 10 picks for Daniher, a player who has been struck by injury for the past two seasons, albeit a quality player

In the same breath he'll say Adelaide should accept #15 & #20 for a contracted Brad Crouch as his injuries bring down his price (Crows would legit get a better FA compo pick next year than that if he leaves)

I know Crouch has had his injury concerns, but he did just play a 22 game season -

the discrepancy between these two is quite staggering -

Back