blueboy25

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 14, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
West Perth, Tottenham
Really impressed with the way Stevie Browne has performed this year, first time in a few years a new draftee apart from our numbr 1 pick who has had such a good first season.

I think he will turn into a really good option through the midfield.

He is also a product of the mighty whitford junior football club.

Gotta be happy with the amount of footy he has played in the seniors this year.

A good, solid and honest footballer. Something we have lacked in the past.

I love Browne's strenght when he bodylined that ball in the backline in the first quarter and held his feet.

And he nearly took another big grab for a small man.

Browne is going to be the sought of player forwards and the opposition will hate with the way he plays.

Weaver was spot on when he wrote that about Brownie in his phantom draft.

A talented version of Stevie Baker. ;)

I'm confused...

Some people are saying he's really fast and some are saying he's slow....?

And I can't really tell either way from just watching his limited AFL games on TV (I don't really see any VFL games).

In any case he's really impressed me and I have no doubt he's a real future player.

Leg speed is o.k to good, approx 3.00 secs for the 20m (2.80 is elite), but that doesn't test footy speed, Browne has a good footy brain and is enough to mean he is footy quick

i spose i got it wrong..i mean sometimes his awareness isnt good enough..but he will learn..however i dont like seeing him in the backline especially trying to spoil down back,hes too small for that job

i spose i got it wrong..i mean sometimes his awareness isnt good enough..but he will learn..however i dont like seeing him in the backline especially trying to spoil down back,hes too small for that job
It shouldn't be a problem for him on a small forward. browne was a standout for WA in the Under 18's championships last year playing in the back pocket on the oppositions most dangerous small forwards.

It shouldn't be a problem for him on a small forward. browne was a standout for WA in the Under 18's championships last year playing in the back pocket on the oppositions most dangerous small forwards.
oh really?i dunno i remmeber one time he was trying to spoil welsh i think it may have been in the pocket, and you could just tell he wasnt going to get anywhere near it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think that Browny could actually be useful in the forward line if we ever felt that we needed to go a bit shorter and faster in there...

He's intelligent, can make space for himself and is a good kick.
Kicked a few nice goals already.

Smiles at Thresherman's bakery in Carlton too.......quickly replaced by looks of bemusement and confusion when Armfield was read out at #46 :eek:;)

This continues to amaze me.

But who cares, he looks like a gun! :thumbsu:

As others have said, I'm excited to watch Army and Browne develop.

I think that Browny could actually be useful in the forward line if we ever felt that we needed to go a bit shorter and faster in there...

He's intelligent, can make space for himself and is a good kick.
Kicked a few nice goals already.

That's a great idea actually. I've always thought we should have 2 small targets, and i can remember his goals being very nice - especially the freo one. I think it's worth a crack!

We do have a small defender shortage though....

He's going to be incredibly strong, probably only playing down back to develope physically and to learn to read AFL level footy. I think will be moulded as a Greg Williams type centerman. Has all the attributes, low center of gravity, strong legs and hips, good upper body, good hands, footy brain, accurate and quick disposal and hardness at the ball.

Can't wait until he's ready, will be a very good player for us.

Aside from all of the attributes mentioned above, i like the fact that he has a good straight kick for goal. The more blokes that we have that can do that, the better. The 50m goal he kicked against west coast was a ripper.

Browney is fast becoming one of my favourite players down at the club.

His composure would be suitable for a 50-100 game player so it's really impressive that he's showing such signs despite playing under 20 games. His disposal is also good, and his pace isn't an issue.

Getting him at pick 36 is an absolute steal considering that he looks likely to become an important player for us over a long period of time. He looks equally comfortable playing down back and through the middle, and has also shown a few times that he can be handy when around the forward line.

I agree with HBF (I know, I know...:eek:) in that he looks like a player that could take over Scotland's role in a few years time. He's got a strong body, especially through the core and hips, so he'll eventually fill out to become a very solid unit with a great penetrating kick.

Looks a future gun. :thumbsu:

He's going to be incredibly strong, probably only playing down back to develope physically and to learn to read AFL level footy. I think will be moulded as a Greg Williams type centerman. Has all the attributes, low center of gravity, strong legs and hips, good upper body, good hands, footy brain, accurate and quick disposal and hardness at the ball.

Can't wait until he's ready, will be a very good player for us.

My thoughts as well, I reckon he'll do a Andrew Welsh & become a very good clearance midfielder.

We need this so Juddy & Gibbs can be getting receives from stoppages.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back