Game Day The Brownlow 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

ROFL. Think I need to bring out my photoshop pic of him and Gawn as chics.

Oliver can't help himself, he bit back again

Swanny would be the guy that puts stickers on apples if he didn't play AFL

Followed by Swanny again

Mate, now that I've done both, I can tell you it's a lot harder than playing footy... or the Dees. (And the chicks love it)

This year? Every year. Too much filler as always. Made even more boring by becoming more and more the midfielders medal. Pick the best midfielder in a good team and you pick the winner. I preferred the days when the winner got around 23 votes or sometimes even less. Nowadays, most game start with only half a dozen blokes likely to get votes so upsets are unlikely and higher scores means counts that aren't as close. Martin will win this by a mile, just like Dangerfield last year and Fyfe the year before.
Yeah more noticeably flat this year, poorly rehearsed segments etc.

I know. And they push all these Erin Phillips and Daisy Pearce etc into it....which are both dreadful presenters.

Then they finish their fillers and ads and wham bam thank you mam with the votes.
Yeah I'm fine with female footballers being involved and I think Daisy Pearce isn't a bad boundary rider, she asks intelligent questions most times rather than some of the real obvious dumb ones the blokes like Dicko/Lingy/Richo ask but her voice is a bit monotone, not all that enthusiastic in her presentation. The whole thing looked not well rehearsed and just had a going through the motions vibe to it.

I think they have already decided to give that to Trenty

I think they are all underestimating the soft underbelly of the Tiges and the capabilities of the Crows.

As soon as the heat comes Tiges will fold like a deck of cards.

Their season is littered with examples against talented in form teams.

Last edited:
Don't know why anyone is surprised about the daniher mark of the year. 'People vote' allows the AFL to fabricate any outcome they want. They have daniher in the new auskick ad and they are trying to promote him. Winning mark of the year does that. No different to the AFL allowing Richmond to tick off the Puma deal. The sooner we come to grips with the AFL doing what is in their best interests the quicker we become immune to the bullshit decisions

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who has been our closest to winning a brownlow in recent history ..

36 - Dustin Martin (Rich)
33 - Patrick Dangerfield * (Geel)
25 - Tom Mitchell (Haw)
23 - Josh Kennedy (Syd)
22 - Lance Franklin (Syd)
21 - Josh Kelly (GWS)
20 - Rory Sloane (Adel)
19 - Marcus Bontempelli (WB)
18 - Ollie Wines (Port)
17 - Dayne Beams (BL)

16 - Luke Parker (Syd)
15 - Zach Merrett (Ess) *
15 - Brad Ebert (Port)
15 - Nat Fyfe (Frem)
15 - Scott Pendlebury (Coll)
14 - Gary Ablett (GC)
14 - Taylor Adams (Coll)
14 - Ben Brown (NM)
14 - Dyson Heppell (Ess)
14 - Lachie Neale (Frem)
14 - Seb Ross (StK)
14 - Steele Sidebottom (Coll)

NORTH MELBOURNE

1. Ben Brown (14 votes)
2. Ben Cunnington* (11) [ineligible]
3. Shaun Higgins (9)
4. Jarrad Waite* (3) [ineligible]
=5. Sam Gibson (1)
=5. Mason Wood (1)
=5. Jack Ziebell (1)

NORTH MELBOURNE

1. Ben Brown (14 votes)
2. Ben Cunnington* (11) [ineligible]
3. Shaun Higgins (9)
4. Jarrad Waite* (3) [ineligible]
=5. Sam Gibson (1)
=5. Mason Wood (1)
=5. Jack Ziebell (1)
Top 3 had good seasons. Where the hell are the rest of our players? Absolutely putrid display by guys like Thomas, Goldy, Swallow, Jack Z, Atley, MacMillan, Mullet, McDonald, Gibbo etc.

Cunners waltzes around in 3rd gear & still polls 11 votes!!!!

Just caps off the most putrid season I've endured as a NM fan.

Late to the party but just caught up on the round 22 Geelong vs Collingwood voting.

Well done on the preemptive rigging AFL!

Duncan and Dangerfield almost identical stats but Danger blotted his copybook by kicking a couple of goals.And with that sort of lacklustre return denied himself a vote.

1wiufr.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back