Roast The Brownlow has no credibility left

Remove this Banner Ad

What a joke of an award this year. Nick Daicos was BOG vs GWS and polled 0 votes despite having 35+ disposals.

The award is losing relevance each year.

Suns V Dogs,

Bont 16 kicks, 11 marks, 11 tackles, 707 MG, 14CP. Should have had a vote over Bailey Dale

Not a single vote. I think we can accept the suggestion that the Brownlow is just a means of umpires voting for their favourites

Must admit, neale hasn't won it, but if he does, it definitely didn't feel like a brownlow season

He did poll 3 votes in a game where he had 20 possessions, 13 of them handballs. I gave up trying to understand how they came up with the votes years ago

Suns V Dogs,

Bont 16 kicks, 11 marks, 11 tackles, 707 MG, 14CP. Should have had a vote over Bailey Dale

Not a single vote. I think we can accept the suggestion that the Brownlow is just a means of umpires voting for their favourites
Seems to be a narrower list of guys who poll compared to 90s and 00s which is why 30+ is now the norm to win it.
Spread around far less than previous eras.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

JHF got 3 votes for this performance vs Geelong 🤦🏻‍♂️

Very weird this year… Lots of average performances receiving votes.

View attachment 1813830
I'll top that with Taylor Adams getting 3 votes against Richmond for 20 touches - 7 of which were clangers , no clearances no goals , 1 tackle. Champion data had him as one of the worst players on the ground with a super coach score of 32 points.

What a joke of an award this year. Nick Daicos was BOG vs GWS and polled 0 votes despite having 35+ disposals.

The award is losing relevance each year.

Coaches votes for that game.

10 Mason Cox (COLL)
8 Jordan De Goey (COLL)
6 Nick Daicos (COLL)
4 Tom Mitchell (COLL)
2 Darcy Moore (COLL)

Hardly a controversial decision when it was a smashing and an even team effort.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back