Oppo Camp The Kerridge Award 2024 - back in action!

Remove this Banner Ad

I never in my life thought I'd have to watch Josh Bruce kick 10 against us

I’ve been a huge proponent of keeping the name as it has been since the great man kicked six in a half to win the game.

However, Bruce’s body of work over a number of games can’t be ignored and I fully support this change.

brucer3.gif

S Kerridge has been dethroned and I hope he's training for a comeback because the new name just doesn't sound as good.
The Perrie, The Kerridge, Shaun McK, Nyhuis and now The Bruce - all hall of famers!

Bruce WILL make us rename the award by the time his career is over.

Absolutely my pick.
Need to be special to re-name. 10 at least. One and only time in a 3 club career to hit two figures.
This game would be his best ever opportunity to do so.
He may even set a Kerridge points record!

^^^ Can you lot pick my lotto numbers?

wiki updated already -

Western Bulldogs (2020–)[edit]
After a mediocre 2020 AFL season, Bruce stamped his credentials as one of the competition's menacing key forwards when he kicked 10 goals against North Melbourne in the 3rd round of the 2021 AFL season.[4]

Lipinski - N7
Bruce - Bennymate, tazaa, krakouers85, Kanga Glory, Ashley B, Twinkletoes, ferball,
King Corey, Uncle_Leo, buttox, Wild Kangaroo, TennisPlayerAndy, Forever North, scottywiper, Devington, Flawed Genius, giantroo

Vandermeer - see see, Dr Zaius, big_e, Snake
English - Sonofsamsquanch
Dale - Wels Eicke
Williams - Daveyboy123
Scott - Supreme_Chancellor, muttley45
McNeil - andana, L72
Duryea - Hoju, K4E
Gardner - shinboner magic

Bruce 362 (with 1.25 multiplier)
English - 117
Dale - 84 (two first names multi)
Williams - 79
Lipinski - 79
Duryea - 72
Scott - 70 (2FN)
McNeil - 40
Vandermeer - 37 (modern parents multiplier)
Gardner - 0 (injured therefore ineligible for Spud award)

As has always been the case, players who finish the game early on through injury are deemed ineligible for spud awards, moreso when they accumulate single figures or zero. So Latham is the spud this week!

Josh Bruce, wtf can I say other than welcome to our HALL OF FAME! Congrats to all posters!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ugh, can we just move on!? Once the cheer squad started chanting the name that cannot be mentioned, I'd already started thinking about round-4.

Nate has to put up with a lot of nonsense around these parts, so I'm gonna help him out this week, by getting in early and saying this man is no longer eligible:

1617512320116.png

Stats so far in 2021:

18 disposals, 7 marks, 5 goals
15, 6, 6
23, 9, 6

Good Lord, things could get ugly.

Last edited:
8 games for 23 goals, the most he's kicked against any side. His career average is about 1.7 goals per match lol

He’s now at 33 in 9.

So as near as makes no difference four goals a game.

Career average of 1.5 a game over 132 games.

S Kerridge has been dethroned and I hope he's training for a comeback because the new name just doesn't sound as good.

Josh Bruce, wtf can I say other than welcome to our HALL OF FAME! Congrats to all posters!
Completely agree.

Can we compromise and call it the "They Call Me Kerridge"?

He’s now at 33 in 9.

So as near as makes no difference four goals a game.

Career average of 1.5 a game over 132 games.
I'm of the firmly held belief that he's done some sort of deal with the devil whereby he gets to channel Wayne Carey one day each year. Obviously, over the past three years he's chosen the day he plays against us.

The payoff for the deal - the sh*t haircut, moustache and tatts. Either that or getting traded to the Dogs in year three of the 60 year journey to their next flag.

Actually Bruce's goal hauls shows up that averages often don't convey useful information. Take out the last three games and his average against North is lower than his career!!!!

Using medical jargon he is a site(team in footy lingo) specific, random burst disease.

Ugh "Josh Bruce is too obvious" I said to myself. I should've known better.

This week for the Bruce I nominate Shane McAdam to jump all over the North Melbourne defenders and take mark of the year, kick 5, one which he'll pull out of his ar5e from the boundary which will be a contender for goal of the year.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back