Oppo Camp The Kerridge Award 2024 - back in action!

Remove this Banner Ad

Taberner- ( If Bruce eligible) to go all Josh Bruce and kick a lazy 10.
If not eligible Il go for Conca to play the game of his life, get 38+ Possesions

I remember it like it was yeterday... It was a cold & blustery day (under the roof) at Etihad Stadium in 2017. The Dockers needed to win (just because) and required their stalwart ex-skipper David Mundy to lead the way. The veteran had told his coach Ross Lyon that he would play no matter what and he was duly selected on the Thursday night before the game.

Something looked amiss with David on the plane trip over to Victoria, but Mundy was getting old and clearly about to retire, so he deserved every game he could muster at the time. Plus, Lyon was drunk and making an absolute mint either way, so couldn't care less.

On the morning of the game, however, it became clear that Mundy could not take his place in the team... It might have been the crutches & 10 broken bones, but who knows.

As it turned out, there were no other midfielders or forwards on Fremantle's emergency list, so the Dockers had to turn to a defender. "Him?" exclaimed Lyon, "I thought he was a water boy. He's been getting me Irish Coffee all weekend... Ahhh, just play him forward, who cares!?"

The rest - as they say - is history and shall never be talked about again! It isn't often that spuds get to:

- talk to Cam Mooney after the game...
- on their debut...
- when they're a late inclusion...
- kick 4 goals...
- including the last minute winner:

1618807852728.png

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I remember it like it was yeterday... It was a cold & blustery day (under the roof) at Etihad Stadium in 2017. The Dockers needed to win (just because) and required their stalwart ex-skipper David Mundy to lead the way. The veteran had told his coach Ross Lyon that he would play no matter what and he was duly selected on the Thursday night before the game.

Something looked amiss with David on the plane trip over to Victoria, but Mundy was getting old and clearly about to retire, so he deserved every game he could muster at the time. Plus, Lyon was drunk and making an absolute mint either way, so couldn't care less.

On the morning of the game, however, it became clear that Mundy could not take his place in the team... It might have been the crutches & 10 broken bones, but who knows.

As it turned out, there were no other midfielders or forwards on Fremantle's emergency list, so the Dockers had to turn to a defender. "Him?" exclaimed Lyon, "I thought he was a water boy. He's been getting me Irish Coffee all weekend... Ahhh, just play him forward, who cares!?"

The rest - as they say - is history and shall never be talked about again! It isn't often that spuds get to:

- talk to Cam Mooney after the game...
- on their debut...
- when they're a late inclusion...
- kick 4 goals...
- including the last minute winner:

View attachment 1106403
That is the only game my kids have been to!!!

:mad: :mad: :mad:

myer.jpg

If Gryan Miers doesn't kick 3 this week I will eat my North Melbourne beanie.
I hope you're hungry!

Miers - Kangaroos4eva, Daveyboy123, krakouers85, FlyHigh18, DrZaius (beanie eat quote), RossHenshaw, The Anvil,
Flawed Genius, tazaa, ferball, big_e, Twinkletoes, Wild Kangaroo

Parfitt- Nate7***

Henry - SonofSamsquanch

Dahlhaus - Devington, Gasometer

Rohan - Ashley B, Tas, SpiderBurton22, CharlieMortdecai, giantroo, Horace,
Atkins - King Corey, ohh_v
Close - Hojuman, andana
Stanley - L72, see see
Henderson (N/A) - mutts
Zac Guthrie (DNP) - shinboner magic

Parfitt 75
Miers 75

Close 62
Stanley 62
Rohan 44
Atkins 42
Henry 40
Dahlhaus 32

Enjoy your winnings ladies and gents!

***When it comes to end of year tallying, I will not be including myself in either Kerridge or potato ladders.
This is purely to stop the speculation that I allegedly rig this comp.

View attachment 1107166

I hope you're hungry!

Miers - Kangaroos4eva, Daveyboy123, krakouers85, FlyHigh18, DrZaius (beanie eat quote), RossHenshaw, The Anvil,

Parfitt- Nate7***

Henry - SonofSamsquanch

Close - Hojuman, andana
Stanley - L72, see see
Henderson (N/A) - mutts

Parfitt 75
Miers 75

Close 62
Stanley 62
Rohan 44
Atkins 42
Henry 40
Dahlhaus 32

***When it comes to end of year tallying, I will not be including myself in either Kerridge or potato ladders.

View attachment 1107166

I hope you're hungry!

Parfitt- Nate7***

Henry - SonofSamsquanch

Close - Hojuman, andana
Stanley - L72, see see
Henderson (N/A) - mutts

Parfitt 75
Miers 75

Close 62
Stanley 62
Rohan 44
Atkins 42
Henry 40
Dahlhaus 32

As someone who backed Rohan and therefore doesn't have a dog in the fight, how does Miers end up equal with Parfitt? Is it a "dad was drunk and misspelled Brian on the birth certificate" multiplier?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back