Updated The Bruce Lehrmann Trials * Named as the high profile Toowoomba man & alleged rapist * DEFAMATION TRIAL CURRENT

How long will the jury be out for?

• Back the same afternoon

Votes: 12 34.3%
  • One day

Votes: 12 34.3%
  • Two days

Votes: 6 17.1%
  • Three to five days

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • Over a week

Votes: 2 5.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Last edited:

:bomb::bomb::bomb:

Summary

The elephant in the room is a rumoured stick of dynamite that will go off sometime in the future which will do a lot of damage to Bruce Lehrmann’s and Linda Reynolds’ chances of success in their defamation cases. If the rumour is true, there is a suppression order so I won’t discuss it here but even if it’s not true Bruce Lehrmann will be a huge story in 2023 given the numerous court cases and inquiries associated with allegations against him.

Mar 5, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Socceroos - Matildas
Maybe a whole lot of the legal threats and action is designed to try and make sure that as little as possible about the case that paints any key LNP politicians in a bad light, get's reported or discussed in the media.

If Lehrmann is naive enough to think he will be defended and protected for as long as BRS has been, by some powerful mates and allies of the LNP, he's probably deluding himself.

'Bruce Lehrmann WILL take the stand to tell his story for the first time - and Brittany Higgins' $325,000 book deal is in jeopardy: The shock fallout from lawsuits against Channel 10 and news.com.au'
'PUBLISHED: 18:23 AEDT, 8 February 2023 | UPDATED: 18:56 AEDT, 8 February 2023'

'It is understood Ms Higgins's publisher was planning to go ahead with her book after the trial against Mr Lehrmann was aborted in November last year and the rape charge was dropped.

However, it is unlikely to be released in the near future due to the impending defamation cases.
Sources said it would be 'absurd' if the publisher not to wait for the defamation cases to be resolved in light of the court claims.
Ms Higgins' book deal was secured with Penguin Random House in 2021, with the help of Wilkinson's husband Peter FitzSimons.
It was spruiked as the 'personal account of a young woman who took on the most formidable institution in the country'.
'[She] spoke truth to power and sparked a reckoning with systemic abuse that will be felt for years to come,' the publisher said in a statement.

Ms Higgins tweeted the statement, adding: 'This book will shine a light on the culture inside the corridors of power and provide a firsthand account of what it was like surviving a media storm that turned into a movement.'

While Mr Lehrmann's lawyers have not publicly expressed concerns over her book plans, his former boss Linda Reynolds earlier this month requested an unpublished manuscript amid concerns it may contain defamatory material about her.

'Our client seeks to ensure that any report contained in the book is a fair report and that she has a reasonable opportunity to answer any matters of, and concerning, her in the book,' Ms Reynolds' WA legal firm, Bennett, told The Australian newspaper.'

67451731-11725423-image-m-5_1675839725315.jpg

'

Aug 14, 2011
Trafalgar
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Mclaren Mercedes F1

Summary

The elephant in the room is a rumoured stick of dynamite that will go off sometime in the future which will do a lot of damage to Bruce Lehrmann’s and Linda Reynolds’ chances of success in their defamation cases. If the rumour is true, there is a suppression order so I won’t discuss it here but even if it’s not true Bruce Lehrmann will be a huge story in 2023 given the numerous court cases and inquiries associated with allegations against him.
Who wrote the Summary above ?

Apr 22, 2007
Bentleigh
AFL Club
Geelong

Summary

You can't just leave it at that

Mar 5, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Socceroos - Matildas
So no one owns it ?
If you bothered to click on the link in her post, then you would have found the answer to your excellent question.

I guess that you don't want that website in your metadata history?
Maybe borrow someone else's device to click on it ;).

Aug 14, 2011
Trafalgar
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Mclaren Mercedes F1
If you bothered to click on the link in her post, then you would have found the answer to your excellent question.

I guess that you don't want that website in your metadata history?
Maybe borrow someone else's device to click on it ;).
Couldn't care about my metadata, when I first read it it appeared to be Kate's but on examination I could not satisfy myself.
Hence I asked the question when our mod quoted it.
What am I missing here ?

Aug 14, 2011
Trafalgar
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Mclaren Mercedes F1
'It is understood Ms Higgins's publisher was planning to go ahead with her book after the trial against Mr Lehrmann was aborted in November last year and the rape charge was dropped.

However, it is unlikely to be released in the near future due to the impending defamation cases.
Sources said it would be 'absurd' if the publisher not to wait for the defamation cases to be resolved in light of the court claims.

As absurd as it is for Lehrmann to raise defamation actions when he still has possible serious criminal charges to front, involving up to five victims.

Genuine question given Lehrmann's questionable capacity to cover the 6 figure plus figure for representation and costs if this gets to court and he loses....

WTF is paying for this?

Twitter thinks it might be Kerry Stokes.

Back