List Mgmt. The Bryce Gibbs trade has set our club back 5 years.

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't know what you think sunk costs mean but it's very clear you have your own specific definition which no one else shares.

No, you’re entirely correct on this one

Sunk cost is an economic principle not a marketing one (Alex knows nothing of either field incidentally), and by definition are not recoverable

Whilst I disagree with you on some aspects of the Bryce Gibbs situation, it is perhaps reasonable to start thinking only forwards in terms of value in use and exchange, ruling a line under everything that has gone before

If we lose Brouch, Greenwood, CEY etc we will have no choice to play him round 1
I'd like to think with a good pre-season under a new coach, Bryce will easily be considered in our best-22 again. Once again, I'm trying to be optimistic on this front.

It's obvious now.
If it's due to the rumoured off field problems or whatever it sure has impacted his life and subsequent form on the field.
I think at this point the club would only be considering their duty of care obligations.
The tough decision needs to be made immediately.

Sent from my SM-J730G using Tapatalk

Premise is still wrong though.

The cluster* of this year was created last with our lack of forward-thinking (who'd think what would happen when the people in charge of this are all s**t scared of their jobs), and a side imploding. Especially as we stayed in the first round of the 2017 draft, had multiple firsts in 2018, and a strong hand 2019 does mitigate most of the damage those lost picks do. If we're going to struggle, it's because these picks didn't work out, not a lack of them.

The point that losing first-round picks does damage is when you cannot refresh your list in the early part of the rounds, i.e. 2012-2013 when we were scraping at the bottom of the barrel for most replacements.

s**t trade in the end, but I can live with the decision. Rather this then 2005-06 with us refusing to at least try to strengthen a weakness when close.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Had a solid 1st season with us playing as an inside midifielder, has phoned it in since.

New coach sits down with him to have a deep and meaningful about his future, his response is effectively "I want to sit across half back, in the easiest position on the ground, and rack up cheap uncontested possessions..." Red flags right there.

He doesn't care for our football club, we were simply the mugs who facilitated his move home (for whatever reason that may be).

I originally suggested we give him 5 games this year to find his feet, after that performance he doesn't deserve another game.

I am thinking Gibbs will be remembered more for his time at the Crows than his whole career which is sad for him. A total fall from grace.

I think also he will be scapegoat for our collective frustration of last 2 seasons. I agree, his time at elite level is done, but let's not play the man. Bryce is a good man.

Last 2 years have been cruel to us, let's not make him pay personally for mistakes of many.

Had a solid 1st season with us playing as an inside midifielder, has phoned it in since.

New coach sits down with him to have a deep and meaningful about his future, his response is effectively "I want to sit across half back, in the easiest position on the ground, and rack up cheap uncontested possessions..." Red flags right there.

He doesn't care for our football club, we were simply the mugs who facilitated his move home (for whatever reason that may be).

I originally suggested we give him 5 games this year to find his feet, after that performance he doesn't deserve another game.
Wouldn’t be so bad if he could rack up some uncontested possessions

I am thinking Gibbs will be remembered more for his time at the Crows than his whole career which is sad for him. A total fall from grace.

I think also he will be scapegoat for our collective frustration of last 2 seasons. I agree, his time at elite level is done, but let's not play the man. Bryce is a good man.

Last 2 years have been cruel to us, let's not make him pay personally for mistakes of many.
I’m not interested in the good man rubbish as an excuse I’m assessing him on his football output

I’m not interested in the good man rubbish as an excuse I’m assessing him on his football output

Is not excusing bad play. If you criticise bad play that is fine, I am just worried about others who are commenting in a much more personal way. Thanks, friend.

Bryce was NEVER at an elite level, that was the problem.

We gave up elite trade currency for a B grade player.

Bryce was NEVER at an elite level, that was the problem.

We gave up elite trade currency for a B grade player.

Perhaps you are right. I just want to see people criticise those responsible rather than Bryce himself. It's not his responsibility to live up to his sale price or to dictate that price in the first.

Perhaps you are right. I just want to see people criticise those responsible rather than Bryce himself. It's not his responsibility to live up to his sale price or to dictate that price in the first.

No but what Bryce can influence is how much he dedicates himself to doing his best every time he wears the Crows colours. He has not done himself any favors in that regard.

No but what Bryce can influence is how much he dedicates himself to doing his best every time he wears the Crows colours. He has not done himself any favors in that regard.

Agreed, effort and output poor.

The alleged gambling issues and alleged involvement with bikies was also another massive and bigger issue.

The alleged gambling issues and alleged involvement with bikies was also another massive and bigger issue.

I actually don't give the remotest s**t about those issues to be honest.

If he wants to * up his personal life, let him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back