Mega Thread The Buckley/Malthouse Succession Plan Mega Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Good article by Paul Roos
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...or-bucking-trend/story-fn7si1vl-1226100034272
Despite the conjecture about what Mick will do next year and regardless of whether you agree with what has transpired at Collingwood over the past two years, Bucks has handled himself impeccably.
There is no doubt Nathan, like contemporaries James Hird and Michael Voss, could have stepped straight into a senior coaching role.

Two years ago he was hot property in the coaching market. Unlike his fellow Hall of Famers, he chose a different path.

In my view, the past two years have set Nathan up perfectly to take on the role next year.
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...or-bucking-trend/story-fn7si1vl-1226100034272

Malthouse has an article on it all on The Australian website now.

It should be the last we hear of it for a while.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...ng-with-the-pies/story-e6frg7t6-1226100068610

The final reason I won't be switching clubs is that I have a contract with Collingwood for a further three years after this one, in a different role to my current position. I signed it in good faith that I could continue to help in developing the team and the club beyond my reign as senior coach.

just an interesting few seconds of vision from last weeks game vs the filth. sorry i havent got the skills to capture & post it. maybe someone.......

3rd qtr 4:10 to go - mick on the boundary being very animated, clearly making a point to lachlan keeffe regarding positioning his body for a marking contest.

this is exactly how i see mick applying his matchday role next year. nathan on the field or in the box talking tactics & positioning the players with the coaching staff, and mick watching the play and educating the players as they come off, especially the new ones, on aspects of their play that they could do better. his strong relationship with the players & immense footy knowledge would see him the ideal person for such a role.

Hopefully the club finds a match day role for Mick next season. There's no point in quelling the fire in his belly, he still has plenty to offer from a match day perspective and a team selection/weekly point of view. Obviously Bucks has the final call but IMO, whether it be in the box or on the boundary, Mick needs to be there.

Preferably, I'd like for him to be in the box and go about his business how he sees fit i.e. go down to the boundary when and if needed, get on the phone to players if he sees something wrong, talk strategies and functions/match ups with the rest of the coaching staff in the box etc.

Hopefully the club finds a match day role for Mick next season. There's no point in quelling the fire in his belly, he still has plenty to offer from a match day perspective and a team selection/weekly point of view. Obviously Bucks has the final call but IMO, whether it be in the box or on the boundary, Mick needs to be there.

Preferably, I'd like for him to be in the box and go about his business how he sees fit i.e. go down to the boundary when and if needed, get on the phone to players if he sees something wrong, talk strategies and functions/match ups with the rest of the coaching staff in the box etc.
Mick stated himself he won't be in the box.
Then why did he not say that on the Footy Show?
Very good question Dave, a lot of back-pedaling going on in that article....

Can't believe the media failed to see thru Mick's footy show performance. successfully distracted everyone's focus from the betting fiasco. now he comes out to settle the discussion. consumate performance.

Dave in Mick's entire coaching career in front of the media has he ever just said what he meant?

He's always toyed with them.
If you notice he saved the straight explanation for his column in the paper he is employed to write for.

You know it makes sense.

He was saying exactly that but NO-ONE was listening..........

Never ceases to amaze me that people go off half cocked without actually listening.....................

And even now after this article people will still be saying Mick will go.......

Need I go on...................

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mick is not going Interstate

Those Collingwood members who are monitoring their CTV, will picked up further evidence that Malthouse won't be leaving the club.

The small pieces of the puzzles this time were provided by Malthouse in his weekly address to Magpie fans online.

In his presentation, he talked about Queensland weather being sunny. The key statement was when he said that he recognised the variability of Melbourne weather but that "I wouldnt give up Melbourne weather" for quids.

So there you have it... absolutely concrete evidence that Mick is not moving from Melbourne.

Re: Mick is not going Interstate

Still, he could coach via Skype like Laidley and still get the lovely Melbourne weather.

Still, he could coach via Skype like Laidley and still get the lovely Melbourne weather.
Except the fact laidley is coaching by skype is why Port wants to move him on and he isn;t even in the frame for the Adelaide job

Why would we need further evidence? Malthouse has already stated his intentions plainly. There's no further clarification or assurance required IMO.

Mick mentioning the Queensland weather is a clear indication he has been approached by Brisbane. His response about not giving up Melbourne weather is a clear rebuke of their advances.

What is obvious though is that Voss is "GAWN".:rolleyes::)

Can't believe the HUN are not onto it already.
The evidence is there and it's irrefutable.

Mick Malthouse

G,day Pies.
This is a serious question . I ,ve watched Mick for years and definately think he is a super coach and perhaps THE super coach, to go through the early 2 thousands and lose them then keep on trying and winning last year and more than likely this year too is just a super positive mind set effort.

My question is why is it that Mick always seems like someone has got telescopic site on him when he does his after match stuff. He is very defensive in his manner.

Maybe I read him wrong but I have a lot of respect for Mick he should be totally non intimidated with what he,s done.

Do your Magpie members get to talk to Mick much , is he aloof, I,m very curious and I think he must stay at the pies he will coach somwhere else in 2013.

Re: Mick Malthouse

Because people in the media are all just a bunch of s**t stirrers.

Exactly.
He's probs getting bored of being asked that same question time and time again by now, he's been asked it by every single journo (and probably members of the public too) since last years GF. I feel sorry for him, I honestly believe he will be with the pies next year, and just wish the media would leave him alone and let him focus on finals.
(Btw, having said that, I don't think the media can in any way alter Mick's focus, he's got a much stronger mindset than that.)

G,day Pies.
This is a serious question . I ,ve watched Mick for years and definately think he is a super coach and perhaps THE super coach, to go through the early 2 thousands and lose them then keep on trying and winning last year and more than likely this year too is just a super positive mind set effort.

My question is why is it that Mick always seems like someone has got telescopic site on him when he does his after match stuff. He is very defensive in his manner.

Maybe I read him wrong but I have a lot of respect for Mick he should be totally non intimidated with what he,s done.

Do your Magpie members get to talk to Mick much , is he aloof, I,m very curious and I think he must stay at the pies he will coach somwhere else in 2013.

I think that Mick has little respect for the media. He has lived with the hypocrisy & self serving agendas for many years. If it was his choice, he would not even talk to most of them. The media in turn dislike Mick because of his obvious disdain for them, hence they take pot shots at him whenever they can. Mick is not a 'media' person, he is an ol style coach & only fronts up to press conf(s) because he must. Having said that, I also think that Mick is a very proud person, who can be difficult to handle & is a grumpy ol man (& we all love him).

G,day Pies.

mm's coaching record speaks for itself. sadly, so does his media record.

I don't buy the 'media is pathetic, hypocritical, self-serving, etc' lines. They are simply cover stories for a comprehensive failure to perform in a key area of modern day public life. Eddie did his best when mm first came to melbourne to drag him out of the open warfare mode with the media. Unfortunately the problem seems to run deep with mick, its an area which seasoned performer like sheeds make him look like a rookie.

Sure, if the director role doesn't work out we will be loosing a super coach. But at least in this area we can be sure bucks will out perform him

Remove this Banner Ad

Back