Mega Thread The Bucks Megathread.

Remove this Banner Ad

What a crock of s**t.

We were very good against GWS, but were undermanned for most of the game due to injuries. We beat the Blues easily, they had a few junk time goals that made the score look better. And we dominated Adelaide.

Sure we need to get better each week, but I don't think anyone needs a reality check.
And we're 10th on the ladder.

People are banging on about jumping on the bandwagon and high fiving each other.

We're in danger of being Carlton with such low expectations.

And we're 10th on the ladder.

People are banging on about jumping on the bandwagon and high giving each other.

We're in danger of being Carlton with such low expectations.
No you're wrong. People are happy with seeing our first decent performance in a long time. I reckon we're all more than aware of where we are at and I don't think we need reminding.

No you're wrong. People are happy with seeing our first decent performance in a long time. I reckon we're all more than aware of where we are at and I don't think we need reminding.
First decent performance in a long time...you hit the nail on the head.

Go back and read some of the posts...

If only you knew what irony meant.

No it's not what your mum does to your school shirt each morning.
Please. You were on your high horse to begin with trying to tell everyone how they should have reacted to the win.

I wish my mum still did the ironing. Would save me having to do it every Sunday night.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Get off your high horse.

I keep seeing this phrase. Is there some special thing for humans about not riding when your horse is stoned?

Because if there is, its probably a good thing. Horses love grass...

Please. You were on your high horse to begin with trying to tell everyone how they should have reacted to the win.

I wish my mum still did the ironing. Would save me having to do it every Sunday night.
Ironing is the devils work.

l have really enjoyed Bucks' coaching so far this year. What started as a makeshift forward line, has worked brillantly, so much so it may remain as is for the season.
The game style is now defined, the role players look more sure of what is required of them eg. Crisp, Varcoe, Murray etc..and we are actually very entertaining to watch.

l have really enjoyed Bucks' coaching so far this year. What started as a makeshift forward line, has worked brillantly, so much so it may remain as is for the season.
The game style is now defined, the role players look more sure of what is required of them eg. Crisp, Varcoe, Murray etc..and we are actually very entertaining to watch.

I've just read what I think is a post relating to Bucks' coaching and game plan. First in while on this thread.:thumbsu:

Re the makeshift forward line, it does comprise Reid and Cox, which was the plan over the pre-season, but I'm not sure if the plan was to use Cox as a kind of ruck-decoy-tap it down forward, rather than a marking forward. Whatever was planned, and whatever transpires, if it works structurally then that's great for us. We know other clubs will try to exploit Cox's weaknesses, but they need a ladder to do it.

10th on the ladder / one win from the top.....all depends on what axe people have to grind four rounds in.

On this season I like what our coaching group is doing so far......."don't bring up the review, don't bring up the review - one time bomb at a time."

I've just read what I think is a post relating to Bucks' coaching and game plan. First in while on this thread.:thumbsu:

Re the makeshift forward line, it does comprise Reid and Cox, which was the plan over the pre-season, but I'm not sure if the plan was to use Cox as a kind of ruck-decoy-tap it down forward, rather than a marking forward. Whatever was planned, and whatever transpires, if it works structurally then that's great for us. We know other clubs will try to exploit Cox's weaknesses, but they need a ladder to do it.
What we all want with Cox is a contested marking forward who can kick goals. I'm sure that is the plan. What we have at the moment with Cox is a tall player with good peripheral vision who is tapping the ball to advantage in the forward line to create goal scoring opportunities. Failing that we have someone who can play all over the ground to assist Grundy. Either way he is earning his spot in the 22. At some point he starts grabbing his marks and he becomes even more valuable.

What a crock of s**t.

We were very good against GWS, but were undermanned for most of the game due to injuries. We beat the Blues easily, they had a few junk time goals that made the score look better. And we dominated Adelaide.

Sure we need to get better each week, but I don't think anyone needs a reality check.
Just look at what Adelaide did to Sydney last night. The guys who were well held/played poorly against us, particularly Walker and Jenkins, played well against the Swans. On last night's showing, we beat a class side the week before.

He is probably not fond of sitting in the back seat behind the rear axle. If you offer to swap your seat next to the driver, you may find he'll change his tune.
There’s no way I’m giving up my seat!

People are happy with seeing our first decent performance in a long time

What about these games last year, Geelong, GWS, Melbourne? How about these parts of games last year, Haw after qtr time, 1st half against Ade, 2nd qtr Queens birthday?.................... good performances are not the issue it's the lack of consistently good performances. For a long time we've always shown glimpses then front up the next week only to disappoint - Geelong then Carlton the next week last year is a classic example.

This is why some a wary of "jumping on the bandwagon" too quickly myself included, I'll reserve my optimism until we see some consistently good performances.

What about these games last year, Geelong, GWS, Melbourne? How about these parts of games last year, Haw after qtr time, 1st half against Ade, 2nd qtr Queens birthday?.................... good performances are not the issue it's the lack of consistently good performances. For a long time we've always shown glimpses then front up the next week only to disappoint - Geelong then Carlton the next week last year is a classic example.

This is why some a wary of "jumping on the bandwagon" too quickly myself included, I'll reserve my optimism until we see some consistently good performances.
We are all wary. You're not alone.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back