Mega Thread The Bucks Megathread.

Remove this Banner Ad

The time frame doesn't sit well with me.. if I'm employing subordinates to do a job and they're not doing it.. I'll give em 3 mths to a yr.. not 7 yrs.. football Dept I'm talking about here re..

What you're a doctor.. you've got a s**t receptionist.. leave em in the job for 7 yrs.. c'mon man.. the time frame stinks to high heaven.

Seems like you would be great at development or teaching. With your patience you must be used to failure, or blaming others.

We are playing way better then we have for 3-4 Seasons.

Everyone says it's All Buckley but they don't give Credit to our New Assistants deserve some Credit.

Kind of Shows how bad our Old Assistants where

It was never all his fault when losing, and it’s not all his good doing when winning, is the effort by everyone involved. But as senior coach it’s what happens

Good and interesting interview on SEN with Goldsack. Said game plan hasn't really changed from the past two years, just that players understand it better and are playing their role.
I think that all players are putting in at a higher level and when one is down, two pop up. Playing with a lot more confidence and love the settled backline.

Last edited:
Yep, bucks bus has gathered momentum - after fhitting some speed humps -and is. Owhurtling towards a premiership at speed.

Some got off, some stayed on, some wanted to get off and some wanted him to stop driving.

As one of those that wanted him and Eddie gone by round 2 and many times during the trip I’m glad he’s at the helm. We look marvelous and the best thing is we have heaps of impvrovemt in us.

PIES 2018.

Bucks criticisms were worthy based on his performance at the time.

He deserves credit now, based on the performance at this time.

No one is immune from criticism or praise.

He had a.very good run to get to this point t but more power to him.

I always said I would be happy to eat humble pie if he came good....with thickened cream please.

Good and interesting interview on SEN with Goldsack. Said game plan hasn't really changed from the past two years, just that players understand it better and are playing their role.
I think that all players are putting in at a higher level and when one is down, two pop up. Playing with a lot more confidence and love the settled backline.
Game plan has changed significantly. We are moving the ball faster and kicking longer.

We aren’t doing the slow sideways, backwards short kicking of the past 3-4 years. This is as clear as day.

Might want to read back this and some older threads here.
I have been a consistent backer of bucks, and have read all threads, so l don’t need to. I know what’s been said

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well this thread is gonna be quiet from the haters for at least a few weeks. Always was on Bucks side. Can go through my previous posting if you wanna see.
So you were happy when we were losing, kept going backwards and missed finals 4 years in a row... criticism was deserved. His contract renewal was fair to be questioned.

Game plan has changed significantly. We are moving the ball faster and kicking longer.

We aren’t doing the slow sideways, backwards short kicking of the past 3-4 years. This is as clear as day.
Nah, we have players players that finally understand it and can carry it out.
Belief. Seen this game plan back a few years ago when we gave the hawks a good run for a half with our reserve team.

I knew that as soon as I declared that I lost faith in him, that things would turn... In the same way that it will rain straight after I wash my car... except that being wrong about this is good.

Last edited:
The game plan is totally different this year. Cox is the major key to this. Kick it long to Cox, mids and smalls swarm towards him, its probably better if Cox drops it because the smalls get the ball where the opposition dont have time to zone, forwards swarm towards goal free and get an easy shot. Its so good to watch and it breaks the backline zones. Add to this a defence that is disciplined and not getting kicked over like the last few years and we have made a huge improvement.

This is ALL coaching. The game plan is TOTALLY different to the last few years. its what I have always been saying, this coaching is worth 4 to 5 goals a game. same as Richmond last year, new game plan and you get an improvement of many goals. And we don't have to blame the injured players because injuries were never our problem.

Yep.
I hung s**t on Bucks.
Hand is up.
Who else wants to own up?
Bloody oath I did. Who didn't. We have been woeful for ages. Just glad bucks has turned it around.

The Critism hasn't been unwarranted. Section, game style (over the back goals) were horrible and all seem fixed.

This year round 1 has been amazing. Buckley deserves props for making almost the whole list playing better from Cox to Mayne.

Ring the club and tell Goldsack he is wrong then.

Given the circumstances and predictions this year, past few years form, strength of list vs competition...
Buckley has arguably had his 3 best ever coaching wins this year with Gutsy, Underdog and Clinical style.

I rank them as...
1. Adelaide: last years runners up. Away. Win by 48 points. Hard to top that.
2. Melbourne: RED HOT form, super damaging offensive and aggressive unit subdued on the big stage by 42 points.
3. Essendon: at that point won games vs Adelaide & Port. Also best off season recruiting drive seen for some time. Big stage on Anzac Day by 49 points. The Jekyll and Hyde team of the comp.

I think earlier in his coaching career, he was expected to win given the strength and trajectory of the list, and the level of competition of the time. So I can't count too many true underdog, gutsy, clinical wins in the years of 2012-13.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back