Mega Thread The Bucks Megathread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Another classy presser.
Will learn more, hopefully the coaches and the players will improve again. And we will be back next year.

I'm not trying to cause hysteria. All my posts get deleted now anyway.

Buckley has now coached 162 games for no premiership.

As far as I'm aware, the latest a AFL/VFL coach has gone to win a premiership is 185 games.

So if our beloved Nathan is to win a flag in 2019 it will take at least 187 games.

How about we all discuss... sensibly... in full frank disclosure...

Are all us Collingwood supporters sure Nathan will "buck" the trend and win in his 187th game???

As Collingwood is about winning PREMIERSHIPS.... Just dying for your input

I'm not sure whether or not you're trying to cause hysteria, but I reckon you might be a victim of it.

But anyway...my input to you classy thread is that I support our beloved Nathan.

Last year I wrote a few posts about getting rid of Bucks and it basically came down to getting rid of Malthouse and not being happy with it when I thought we could have eeked out a few more good years. I still think that but feel that but its time to move on. Bucks bit the bullet when he thought the list was cooked and backed a turnover - it was the harder thing to do at the time and the bounce back has taken longer than expected but, fair play, he got us back up there. I'm happy to be wrong. Basically nothing would make me happy than a Bucks premiership, he was my favorite player in my youth and just seems like a good guy. He's earned the right to have a crack at it now. Personally, I think its easy to lose sight of things sometimes and win or lose he conducts himself with class and backs his players in.

Last year I wrote a few posts about getting rid of Bucks and it basically came down to getting rid of Malthouse and not being happy with it when I thought we could have eeked out a few more good years. I still think that but feel that but its time to move on. Bucks bit the bullet when he thought the list was cooked and backed a turnover - it was the harder thing to do at the time and the bounce back has taken longer than expected but, fair play, he got us back up there. I'm happy to be wrong. Basically nothing would make me happy than a Bucks premiership, he was my favorite player in my youth and just seems like a good guy. He's earned the right to have a crack at it now. Personally, I think its easy to lose sight of things sometimes and win or lose he conducts himself with class and backs his players in.
I hear you but remember '11 - the list and the strategy was already cooked.

Boundary line play was always a limited and makeshift strategy that could never have lasted.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So your suggesting that perhaps... the board shOuld have went against the players wishes (and pendles) and sacked bucks.
If bucks was let go id bet my last dollar we wouldn’t have made it as far as we did

Let it go your are fueling the fire. More interesting would be what, and its not much do we need to tweak next year

This is the worst part of this. The absolute worst. Not the petty Tiger supporters, angry that we beat them. Not the actual heartbreak of the loss. It's the grubby trolls sneaking out from under the bridge and hoping to cash in on others' misery. Because, not so deep down, they actually enjoy it more when we lose than when we win.

Anyone who felt a sense of "I told you so" satisfaction when we lost should go buy a Carlton membership right now, and good bloody riddance.

Let it go your are fueling the fire. More interesting would be what, and its not much do we need to tweak next year
We need our key position players fit and healthy all next year, improvement and development in the younger ones,
Most of all the bear fitter

We need our key position players fit and healthy all next year, improvement and development in the younger ones,
The bear will be amazing next year

Remove this Banner Ad

Back