Opinion The Bulldog Rebel In You

Remove this Banner Ad

darthbards

Cancelled
A Star Wars Fan
May 17, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
BF and footy itself can sometimes be a funny place. Some views become mainstream while others grow an entire life of their own. I'd like to hear some opinions from posters that aren't held by all, and things you feel you might be howled down for over the safety of the internet if you dared to express them.
A couple from me would be...

GWS...I don't actually mind them. I think them coming into the league helps us with increased tv revenue etc. I also don't really mind their fans and think it's great if some of them have a local team to follow.
James Hird...I don't mind him and think while it seems that Essendon might have done the wrong thing,some other clubs may have also and WADA I feel used our game for their own greater cause.
Wil Minson and Koby Stevens...never really rated these guys while many thought they were automatic selections.
Bontempelli....I do love the Bont like us all but if he has a poor game I just think that rather than the popular view he must have been struck down by some life threatening injury.

So what's yours?
If someone says something you consider terrible lets just go with it and let people express what could be considered their rebellious side.

Last edited:

Those who critisize Matty Boyd are delluded and I agree with MD on Jong
and because i dont want to stand out like a becon of truth on the Bf boards - i hide my deep insightful knowledge of the game behind a series of trashy posts!:rolleyes:

I didn't much like Bev giving Bob his medal last year.

Part of me wants anyone over the age of 28 except Morris to be culled from the Dogs list so that we can get games into the kids. I can never enjoy the present and I'm always thinking about the future. This doesn't apply in real life, only football; I'm pretty good at living in the moment away from the Dogs. I can't quite accept that we actually won the premiership last year even though I was at 3 out of 4 finals. BTW anyone who says the prelim was better than the final is mad. 2016 Finals ranked in enjoyment factor - 1. Sydney 2.= Hawthorn 2.= West Coast 4.) GWS . GWS final was almost unbearably tense.

The Jong Train - Like him, but his decisions can really cost us.

Boyd - Love Boyd, hope he turns his form around for the rest of the season. We all pressured for him to sign on and don't like the losing faith

Wood - Should be captain

Murphy - Nice and smooth, but thought it would have been better to play some youngsters as we can lose a few seniors next season.

I actually like carlton.

We don't get unders/get screwed on every single player we trade out.

Campbell isn't done. Collins isn't a bust. Suckling isn't bad. Jong isn't s**t, and he isn't that great either. Redpath is average.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree with this. Our supporters are very negative. I am in Top Dogs. Some supporters are woeful.
Agreed. I'm in top dogs too. Did you hear that moronic woman bitching about Jack Macrae being no good because of an early fumble? My wife and I looked at each other in disbelief and I told her I'd eat my hat if Macrae wasn't in the top five for Charlie Sutton this year.

ETA: just occurred to me that the moronic woman is more of a 'Bulldog Rebel' than I am. Word to the wise--you can be a rebel all you want, but make sure you're not talking out of your arse when you do. ;)

Last edited:
Our fans are the most negative critical fans, who don't get behind the boys until they kick a goal and turn the game themselves. A bombers fan once said to me that "Bulldogs fans come across as hunched up, anxious supporters who constantly complain about their team". that hurt :'(

I think there should be 2 points given for a rushed behind.

I don't mind Collingwood, probably the only team in vic (obviously other than us) that I don't actively dislike.

I don't mind mid strength Carlton (It should be cheaper though)

I think Dale Morris should retire. He did an 'old man fall' yesterday...

Oh, and during the Grand Final on-field celebrations I saw JJ and he looked like he was in a world of his own and I thought 'that guy is going to leave the club'.

I like Collingwood. Carlton and Essendon are so meh that they are irrelevant to me. I hate Geelong (in case you haven't noticed this last week) and Norf irritate me, like a dopey big brother who think because they are older they are automatically better.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back