The Bulldogs and Umpires: Time for a Royal Commission?

Remove this Banner Ad

Hardly worth engaging with someone who doesn’t think a bloke who’s won a flag and coached a side to a grand final isn’t up to being a senior coach.
To be fair, plenty of posters on our board have called for Bevo to find a new job this year!

You have the stats to back that up?
Unfortunately the AFL don’t share stats on how many ducks and throws a player collects every game, but there’s plenty of evidence for you already that Western Bulldogs cheat the most.

Why do you think Bevo was having a big ol’ sook about the new interpetations?

Hardly worth engaging with someone who doesn’t think a bloke who’s won a flag and coached a side to a grand final isn’t up to being a senior coach.
I don't you think understand the reasons why Damo and other journalists are saying Bevo is not fit to be a senior coach.

Personally, on pure coaching terms I think Bevo is a decent coach, does well with the list that he has and gets your team firing in finals.

Unfortunately the AFL don’t share stats on how many ducks and throws a player collects every game, but there’s plenty of evidence for you already that Western Bulldogs cheat the most.

Why do you think Bevo was having a big ol’ sook about the new interpetations?
Where is this “evidence”? A few dubious video clips? Give us the incontrovertible footage or stats that show that the WB are playing against the rules and that no other team does what they do. I expect your minute by minute analysis of every game played - I’ll be reasonable, you only need to do this season, not every other season since these fantasies began.

Btw, what did you think of Riewoldt’s dive in the closing seconds of last night’s game?

I don't you think understand the reasons why Damo and other journalists are saying Bevo is not fit to be a senior coach.

Personally, on pure coaching terms I think Bevo is a decent coach, does well with the list that he has and gets your team firing in finals.
I think I fully understand.

I also think Melbourne supporters would understand that off-field stuff isn’t indicative of someone’s suitability to coach, given Goodwin’s multitude of indiscretions.

I will begrudgingly acknowledge that it is hard to tell if it is a throw, or a handball... sometimes.
Clayton Oliver, for instance, has lightening fast hands, and is regularly pinged for a throw in error.

I do find it very difficult to believe that I can watch AFL on an illegal stream in glitchy, poor quality SD and spot Bulldog players illegally throwing the ball yet umpires a few steps away cannot.

Fact: certain clubs like the Western Bulldogs throw and duck more than others. Luke "Bevo" Beveridge should be admonished for coaching a team who are ducking and throwing more than others.
What website do you use? The one I used last year got shut down. Thanks!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think it was gutless on the commentary team to not call out the pathetic non holding the ball on Bontempelli. They showed it on a slow-mo replay and none of them had the guts to call out the umps for yet another missed call.

The Garcia one too. lift your game commentators.

agree when he was tackled for eternity with one hand pinned and the ball just drooped out of the other hand. play on. most obvious htb you will ever see. no one said a thing.

agree when he was tackled for eternity with one hand pinned and the ball just drooped out of the other hand. play on. most obvious htb you will ever see. no one said a thing.
a bunch of gagged robots. You've got to go to Bigfooty post game to get a true read of the game and the umpiring.

I think it was gutless on the commentary team to not call out the pathetic non holding the ball on Bontempelli. They showed it on a slow-mo replay and none of them had the guts to call out the umps for yet another missed call.

The ball spilled out to a Melbourne player who turned it over anyway didn't it? So even if a free was paid it may have just been Advantage and then a turnover. The Garcia one was 50/50, he did try to fend but he got tackled at the exact same time, making it hard for the umpire to call the fend 'prior opportunity'.

The ball spilled out to a Melbourne player who turned it over anyway didn't it? So even if a free was paid it may have just been Advantage and then a turnover. The Garcia one was 50/50, he did try to fend but he got tackled at the exact same time, making it hard for the umpire to call the fend 'prior opportunity'.
the fend did happen at the same time. but the fact that the fend off went up means it's prior. But when you compare that to the jack Viney one who wasn't even spun 360 and miraculously (and skilfully) gets a boot to the ball and they call it holding the ball it's like come on, if you're not going to call the Garcia one holding the ball then the Jack Viney one sure as hell isn't.

yeah it spilled out and Melbourne got it...but definately no whistle or advantage given... no call..play on

what about when Pickett ran down someone in the middle after a great chase.. another clear holding the ball.. no call..ball up

but they were paying holding the ball for dogs constantly.

no way would of been called advantage.. was in traffic, kick under pressure.

But the whole point is... how is not called holding the ball, dropping the ball or illegal disposal.

unbelievable.

Cause its the Bont maybe... not sure. but it was a sickening non call.

Would love to see a replay clip... baffled how he can get away with that.

The bulldogs with a massive advantage every week (it’s there statistically) and the cats getting the rub of the green all the time is sickening!
Collingwood has received a whopping nine less free kicks than the Bulldogs this season, and given they’re yet to play this week, will likely overtake them.

no way would of been called advantage.. was in traffic, kick under pressure.

But the whole point is... how is not called holding the ball, dropping the ball or illegal disposal.

unbelievable.

Cause its the Bont maybe... not sure. but it was a sickening non call.

Would love to see a replay clip... baffled how he can get away with that.
Sickening? Really? Fmd get some perspective.

I do agree with those two. Was another shocker just before the Garcia non-decision where they incorrectly paid HTB against JJ who didn’t have the ball. Gifted Melbourne the ball in their forward half, clear corruption. We need a royal commission

Remove this Banner Ad

Back