The Bulldogs and Umpires: Time for a Royal Commission?

Remove this Banner Ad

_Mike_

Super Moderator
Aug 10, 2009
Victoria
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Tottenham, Montreal Canadiens
One umpire in particular was/is TERRIBLE!
Its ok, that umpire can be named, Eleni Glouftis. Credit for her being out on the field as a pioneer in women's umpiring however she's doing a terrible job at it. I used to wonder why the neutrals disliked her when she umpired their matches and Friday night was a prime example of why. Her numerous calls were pretty obvious mistakes and IMO she has little idea of rules regarding tackling & incorrect disposal. Her high # of umpiring mistakes had no influence on the Dogs loss IMO however I'd cringe if she was making those calls during a clutch moment in a finals match.

Scroater

Club Legend
Apr 29, 2003
InLarry6'sbulldogphotos
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Western Bulldogs
Its ok, that umpire can be named, Eleni Glouftis. Credit for her being out on the field as a pioneer in women's umpiring however she's doing a terrible job at it. I used to wonder why the neutrals disliked her when she umpired their matches and Friday night was a prime example of why. Her numerous calls were pretty obvious mistakes and IMO she has little idea of rules regarding tackling & incorrect disposal. Her high # of umpiring mistakes had no influence on the Dogs loss IMO however I'd cringe if she was making those calls during a clutch moment in a finals match.
Fear not. She will never be involved.

Remove this Banner Ad