The Bulldogs and Umpires: Time for a Royal Commission?

Remove this Banner Ad

And rightfully so.

Both had closed fists at point of impact, elite hand speed.

Nice to see that an AFL player that couldn't give 2 fu**s about you is living rent free in your head to the extent you actually created a troll account AND created multiple gifs :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Mums the word

Interesting chart.

I checked free kick differential against each club's wins for the season for all 108 data points (happy to share my workings if anyone would like to see them). It turns out the correlation (R value) is -0.023, which means that from this data there is no significant correlation between free kick counts and winning games of football - it makes no difference and is a nuffy take.

If anything, there is a slight negative correlation, so the Bulldogs are being hindered by winning the free kick count!

(R value) is -0.023, which means that from this data there is no significant correlation between free kick counts and winning games of football - it makes no difference and is a nuffy take.

If anything, there is a slight negative correlation,

Because it's easier to go winless than to win every game the correlation skews negative, quite possible adjusted for that the correlation would be literally 0.

Interesting chart.

I checked free kick differential against each club's wins for the season for all 108 data points (happy to share my workings if anyone would like to see them). It turns out the correlation (R value) is -0.023, which means that from this data there is no significant correlation between free kick counts and winning games of football - it makes no difference and is a nuffy take.

If anything, there is a slight negative correlation, so the Bulldogs are being hindered by winning the free kick count!

Don't bring a clear, sensible, analytical approach based on indisputable data to counter the emotive, anti-Bulldog rhetoric and "free kick bulldogs / royal commission" mob

Only a hysterical, capricious, delusional approach will match the haters arguments.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bulldogs have been getting the rub of the green for years despite all their flopping around and ducking and throwing.

while some teams are more guilty than others, throwing is at pandemic levels. It's mindboggling how there is not at least 5 frees a game for throws.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back