The Bulldogs and Umpires: Time for a Royal Commission?

Remove this Banner Ad

Didn't the Dogs only outscore Sydney by about 9 points after quarter time?

Yes, as I said I think the umpiring determined the result tonight. To be honest, I think it’s part of a larger conspiracy.

raymond35

Club Legend
Jan 5, 2004
Brisbane
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
collingwood vfl
I think whinging about it on BigFooty will solve the problem

Well what do you suggest we do to find out why Western Bulldogs have been massively favoured by umpires for the last 5 years?
Also why were West Coast favoured for the previous 10 years, and Sydney swans during the 1980s?
( and don't say they must have been first to the ball, because that would be REALLY stupid)

Well what do you suggest we do to find out why Western Bulldogs have been massively favoured by umpires for the last 5 years?
Also why were West Coast favoured for the previous 10 years, and Sydney swans during the 1980s?
( and don't say they must have been first to the ball, because that would be REALLY stupid)
Perception /= reality.

CarnTheScray

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 4, 2019
Ballarat
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Watch last nights game and tell me which free kick was dodgy. I can list a few that weren't even paid actually. What about in the second half when the two Swans players were standing up next to each other and one handed it to the other, not even a handball. That wasn't paid. Swans got angry and were beaten hard.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nov 26, 2012
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I'm yet to see a single believable reason put forth explaining why the Bulldogs are supposedly 'looked after' by the umpires/AFL. Not one.
I dont think they are well looked after but I do think they have been one of the best proponents of pushing the handball rules to the edge with throws. Personally think that is just excellent coaching to take advantage of the current rules. I am both impressed and annoyed by it

I dont think they are well looked after but I do think they have been one of the best proponents of pushing the handball rules to the edge with throws. Personally think that is just excellent coaching to take advantage of the current rules. I am both impressed and annoyed by it
We were quite open about "handball club" all through pre-season 2016.
That, plus exploiting the third man up rule as most of our starting mids are over 190cm. The rule change for 2017 (puls a handover) caught us hard in 2017

Nov 26, 2012
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
We were quite open about "handball club" all through pre-season 2016.
That, plus exploiting the third man up rule as most of our starting mids are over 190cm. The rule change for 2017 (puls a handover) caught us hard in 2017
Yep its not quite as bad as that year (hence the complaints aren't quite as loud as then) but I still see remnants when I watch you play (which I admit isnt that often). The falling forward "throws" seem to happen a lot. But I think its more a flaw with the rules than the Dogs or the umpires (and their supposed biases)

Yep its not quite as bad as that year (hence the complaints aren't quite as loud as then) but I still see remnants when I watch you play (which I admit isnt that often). The falling forward "throws" seem to happen a lot. But I think its more a flaw with the rules than the Dogs or the umpires (and their supposed biases)
The best coaches find a rule to exploit. Clarkson has done it brilliantly in recent years (e.g. shepherding on the mark to give the ball carrier a 15-20m run which destroyed opposition zone defences, rushed behinds in 2008).

Nov 26, 2012
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
The best coaches find a rule to exploit. Clarkson has done it brilliantly in recent years (e.g. shepherding on the mark to give the ball carrier a 15-20m run which destroyed opposition zone defences, rushed behinds in 2008).
Exactly and I both admire and dislike Beveridge for it in this case

All I know is it definitely has nothing to do with style of play, that would be REALLY stupid. It's much more likely to be a directive from the AFL as part of a larger conspiracy.

UniformSimilarIbisbill-size_restricted.gif

Last edited:
Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
Time to get over this nonsense..
Noticed a certain Queensland based club not named The Suns have gotten an extremely generous run with umpiring of late, where is that royal commission ?

Dogs still paying the price for the luck they had in the 2016 Grand Final I reckon..

Jul 15, 2001
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Barnsley FC, Melbourne City, Bulls
Another win that can be attributed to umpiring, everyone needs to stop worrying about this global pandemic and get this royal commission happening.

The conspiracy is next level after the North game!! Dogs got the same amount of free kicks when North were clearly the dominant team!! North should have like 50 more free kicks, they were always first in and always had the ball in their hands

Whats worse is North only have a free kick differential of +33 this season. Yeah its easily the biggest differential in the AFL, but really they've been robbed compared to the Doggies. The Dogs with their differential of 0 should really be like minus a hundred cos they always chuck it.

Start the commision!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back