The Bulldogs and Umpires: Time for a Royal Commission?

Remove this Banner Ad

One umpire in particular was/is TERRIBLE!

Its ok, that umpire can be named, Eleni Glouftis. Credit for her being out on the field as a pioneer in women's umpiring however she's doing a terrible job at it. I used to wonder why the neutrals disliked her when she umpired their matches and Friday night was a prime example of why. Her numerous calls were pretty obvious mistakes and IMO she has little idea of rules regarding tackling & incorrect disposal. Her high # of umpiring mistakes had no influence on the Dogs loss IMO however I'd cringe if she was making those calls during a clutch moment in a finals match.

Its ok, that umpire can be named, Eleni Glouftis. Credit for her being out on the field as a pioneer in women's umpiring however she's doing a terrible job at it. I used to wonder why the neutrals disliked her when she umpired their matches and Friday night was a prime example of why. Her numerous calls were pretty obvious mistakes and IMO she has little idea of rules regarding tackling & incorrect disposal. Her high # of umpiring mistakes had no influence on the Dogs loss IMO however I'd cringe if she was making those calls during a clutch moment in a finals match.

Fear not. She will never be involved.

Exhibit A14567 from this Arvo your honor is a watch of today’s game.

Dogs just get everything 50/50 wise while the rest is ignored. It truly hurts the Umps to pay the obvious ones against them.

Exhibit A14567 from this Arvo your honor is a watch of today’s game.

Dogs just get everything 50/50 wise while the rest is ignored. It truly hurts the Umps to pay the obvious ones against them.
And you judge that the two bizarre deliberate calls against them were fair enough?

And you judge that the two bizarre deliberate calls against them were fair enough?
Might be considered harsh, but fairly consistent with what they normally pay. See plenty of kicks off the side of the boot get called deliberate if it lands nowhere near a contest.
The worst call against the Dogs was the Betts tunnel that wasn't called. The ones against the Blues are too many to mention.

Might be considered harsh, but fairly consistent with what they normally pay. See plenty of kicks off the side of the boot get called deliberate if it lands nowhere near a contest.
The worst call against the Dogs was the Betts tunnel that wasn't called. The ones against the Blues are too many to mention.
Really?

The free kick differential is 3. That is quite low historically for Bulldogs, yet there is merely one dubious against the Bulldogs. Meanwhile there are too many to mention against the Blues.

While everyone trying to make a case for a favouring of the Bulldog because of the differential have never been able to articulate any series of undeserved frees to the Bulldogs or not paid against them.

Clearly they play a game that is disciplined to the way the umpires look to interpret the rules and it has happened continuously under Beveridge.

It is not random and it is not bias, it is simply playing style.

What about the one against Keith where the unp at the scene, directly in front of him saw him handball the ball correctly, and the ump 30m away watching Keiths back called incorrect disposal? Cost us a goal

The dangerous tackle decision to Naughton and the free to Bontempelli in the forward line which both led to goals were two of the worst decisions in the history of the sport.

Discuss...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The dangerous tackle decision to Naughton and the free to Bontempelli in the forward line which both led to goals were two of the worst decisions in the history of the sport.

Discuss...

No worse than the perfect side on tackle laid on Robbie Gray inside 50 that was paid as in the back. Who won the tackle count for the night?

No worse than the perfect side on tackle laid on Robbie Gray inside 50 that was paid as in the back. Who won the tackle count for the night?

What have either of those things got to do with the price of bananas?

Discuss...
Even the MRP are in on it, hitting Jonas with a fine for the dangerous tackle just because it's against the Bulldogs.

I haven't checked the all important free kick count but we can comfortably assume it was in the Bulldogs' favour because only they get free kicks, it's the only way they can win.

Libba allowed to throw the footy and not get pinged...

How can this continue to be allowed?

Treloar must be scratching his head.

Discuss....
My boy Libba doesn't throw the footy.

Why would he need to he has the fastest handballs in the league.

I present to you exhibit A & B both take from the AFL's video 'The round so far' in which it is clearly stated Libba is the GOAT.

Discuss...
So Jonas propelling Naughton forward so that his head actually hits the ground and when he gets up he has a red mark on his forehead. Pretty sure the rule on dangerous tackles is designed to prevent that occurrence. The free was justified, however I do concede that there was a similar (slightly less severe) incident with Caleb Daniel on Robbie Gray. I felt that was a free that should have been paid.

The Bontempelli one was paid against Bergman, who was just dumb in pushing Bont in the back without any inclination to go for the ball. He may not have been aware but the ump was right on the spot. Absolutely justified free.

The free to Gray against Weightman for the alleged push in the back was significantly worse and should have been against Gray who was caught cold.

So Jonas propelling Naughton forward so that his head actually hits the ground and when he gets up he has a red mark on his forehead. Pretty sure the rule on dangerous tackles is designed to prevent that occurrence. The free was justified, however I do concede that there was a similar (slightly less severe) incident with Caleb Daniel on Robbie Gray. I felt that was a free that should have been paid.
Robbie Gray had both arms pinned with no way to protect himself. Naughton had an arm free, he was just too busy using to hit Martin Frederick in the face with a fend off... which is only a free kick if you were wearing black apparently.

I present to you exhibit A & B both take from the AFL's video 'The round so far' in which it is clearly stated Libba is the GOAT.

hahah jeepers, not sure how an AFL player can ever do that, goes against every instinct I would have thought.

And rightfully so.

Both had closed fists at point of impact, elite hand speed.

Nice to see that an AFL player that couldn't give 2 *s about you is living rent free in your head to the extent you actually created a troll account AND created multiple gifs :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back