The Bulldogs and Umpires: Time for a Royal Commission?

Remove this Banner Ad

Ok so you posted Macrae lol. What did you manage to achieve from that? Are you seeing the pattern here? You post to antagonise people and probably why you were suspended. Why not go on there and explain in detail why you don’t rate Macrae without posting a photo of him ducking in a tackle?

I do agree. I do think that most of the time it's in response that was antagonising in nature too.

I do agree. I do think that most of the time it's in response that was antagonising in nature too.

Your response today to a Melbourne supporter:

“Exactly. We couldn't even analyse the game coming into the GF because all the talk coming out of the dogs fans were about 'last time we didn't have Dunkley, Treloar and Keath' etc. And they continuously ignored the fact that we were favourites heading into the game. So biased and it came back to bite them.”

And you reckon it’s because you get antagonised?

Your response today to a Melbourne supporter:

“Exactly. We couldn't even analyse the game coming into the GF because all the talk coming out of the dogs fans were about 'last time we didn't have Dunkley, Treloar and Keath' etc. And they continuously ignored the fact that we were favourites heading into the game. So biased and it came back to bite them.”

And you reckon it’s because you get antagonised?

Yeah, from post the prelim. :p

Macrae finished fourth in contested possessions this season. Wanna keep making things up?

Aren't free kicks counted as contested possessions? If they are then a player who milks a lot of free kicks will get more contested possessions.

Shhh doesn’t fit their narrative bruz!
I know right.

Jack Macrae has more contested possessions per game and fewer free kicks per game in 2021 than Jack Steele.

The next argument will be that all of Macrae's free kicks are played for. I promise you.

I know right.

Jack Macrae has more contested possessions per game and fewer free kicks per game in 2021 than Jack Steele.

The next argument will be that all of Macrae's free kicks are played for. I promise you.

“Macrae ducks all the time for free kicks”

-He doesn’t even have a high free kick for count.

“Yeah but he still ducks which is a bad look for the game”

-Here’s a photo of one of your players ducking/diving.

“Yeah yeah but you have Hunter too”.

Rinse and repeat.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have amended my previous post which incorrectly labelled the semi final as the preliminary final. My apologies for the confusion. As an aside, the umpiring in the first half against Essendon also appeared biased, but as usual the Dogs excessive staging also created an unfair advantage in my opinion. From memory it was Weightman who was the most egregious offender here.

Also I would appreciate if you could keep the insults to yourself- perhaps try and be a little bit gracious in defeat? If you can't discuss the perceived Bulldogs umpiring advantage without resorting to abuse, you might want to visit another thread. TIA.
Melbourne supporter asking someone else to be gracious?

psycrs.gif

It was an incredible victory, wasn’t it champ?

Thanks for shading your concerns but there is nothing gracious about patronising your opponent.
They were pathetic and did not deserve to be in the grand final; they qualified only after benefitting from lopsided umpiring in their semi final against the Lions.

Supporting the team who thrashed the Dogs in the grand final doesn’t mean I can’t comment on the fact that they throw the ball and dive for free kicks more than other teams. This is an opinion shared by many neutral supporters, hence this thread. It is a blight on the game.

I do agree however it is very important to be humble and gracious. A very important lesson for Dogs supporters I feel- they have some very, very lippy supporters on here. Not surprising, really, given their team are incredibly arrogant as well.

Edit: I originally wrote "prelim final" and not "semi final". This was an error and has now been amended.
Based on the tone of all your comments, TA, I am assuming that since the GF you have permanently had on your face the expression that Trac has in your profile pic. You just walk around like that all day amiright? :tearsofjoy:

It was an incredible victory, wasn’t it champ?

Thanks for shading your concerns but there is nothing gracious about patronising your opponent.
They were pathetic and did not deserve to be in the grand final; they qualified only after benefitting from lopsided umpiring in their semi final against the Lions.

Supporting the team who thrashed the Dogs in the grand final doesn’t mean I can’t comment on the fact that they throw the ball and dive for free kicks more than other teams. This is an opinion shared by many neutral supporters, hence this thread. It is a blight on the game.

I do agree however it is very important to be humble and gracious. A very important lesson for Dogs supporters I feel- they have some very, very lippy supporters on here. Not surprising, really, given their team are incredibly arrogant as well.

Edit: I originally wrote "prelim final" and not "semi final". This was an error and has now been amended.
This is hilarious.

You are a cut above with your humility.

Be honest, have you ever seen any other inside midfielder or anyone for that matter duck in this manner?
View attachment 1255686
You are obviously better suited behind a key board noting you have clearly never stepped foot on a football field (or probably played any sport).

To explain the game, it is not against the rules to either put your head down to pick up the ball or manoeuvre to evade a tackle which it looks like from the screen shot you have taken.

You are obviously better suited behind a key board noting you have clearly never stepped foot on a football field (or probably played any sport).

To explain the game, it is not against the rules to either put your head down to pick up the ball or manoeuvre to evade a tackle which it looks like from the screen shot you have taken.

Your assumptions are incorrect on me but that's irrelevant. You should have no problem showing me someone duck to this level. I've never seen it. he is basically eating the turf. Melbourne mids don't do this. They try to embrace and fight through the contact when the ball is there to be won.

Your assumptions are incorrect on me but that's irrelevant. You should have no problem showing me someone duck to this level. I've never seen it. he is basically eating the turf. Melbourne mids don't do this. They try to embrace and fight through the contact when the ball is there to be won.

Why are you still posting about this? Who the * cares bro. We won the flag just move on

Based on the tone of all your comments, TA, I am assuming that since the GF you have permanently had on your face the expression that Trac has in your profile pic. You just walk around like that all day amiright? :tearsofjoy:
* oath my man, I love that photo so much. How good is Goodwin’s jazz hands too? Iconic photos, legendary.

“Dogs are pathetic and didn’t deserve to be in the GF”.
Continues on by saying it’s important to remain gracious, saying dogs fans are lippy and arrogant. Wake me up with this loser is suspended.
Another undignified response. Unable to form a coherent argument or engage in civilised conversation, so once again resorting to insults instead.

The Dogs were pathetic. They literally gave up in a grand final, ergo my description is apt, and frankly courteous as well, given the stunning lack of heart shown in addition to the limp performance.

That the Dogs were not deserving runners-up based on both the manner in which they were defeated and the umpiring assistance provided against the Lions is a valid and reasoned opinion.

I am not aware of any grand final other than 2016 in which the AFL was compelled to comment on the standard of umpiring, a tacit acknowledgment that the Dogs were extremely fortunate to have been declared the winners.

Thankfully, if not for the Demons brilliant performance (matched only by the Dogs woeful capitulation), this wasn’t an issue in 2021.

Arrogant and delusional to think otherwise.

Another undignified response. Unable to form a coherent argument or engage in civilised conversation, so once again resorting to insults instead.

The Dogs were pathetic. They literally gave up in a grand final, ergo my description is apt, and frankly courteous as well, given the stunning lack of heart shown in addition to the limp performance.

That the Dogs were not deserving runners-up based on both the manner in which they were defeated and the umpiring assistance provided against the Lions is a valid and reasoned opinion.

I am not aware of any grand final other than 2016 in which the AFL was compelled to comment on the standard of umpiring, a tacit acknowledgment that the Dogs were extremely fortunate to have been declared the winners.

Thankfully, if not for the Demons brilliant performance (matched only by the Dogs woeful capitulation), this wasn’t an issue in 2021.

Arrogant and delusional to think otherwise.
There is definitely some arrogance and delusion in this thread, but it ain't comin from the Dogs supporters.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back