The Bulldogs and Umpires: Time for a Royal Commission?

Remove this Banner Ad

It's not just all year though. It's been going on for 6 years!

Yep. But all dogs fans are finding new inventing reasons to come up with mew excuses for it. ever since 2016.

The biggest asterisk in their results since 2016. Like i said pre granny, no favouring from the umps and we'll smash them. The umpires is the dogs 1, 2 and 3 wood. With no umps, theyre hitting a 5 iron off the tee.

Yep. But all dogs fans are finding new inventing reasons to come up with mew excuses for it. ever since 2016.

The biggest asterisk in their results since 2016. Like i said pre granny, no favouring from the umps and we'll smash them. The umpires is the dogs 1, 2 and 3 wood. With no umps, theyre hitting a 5 iron off the tee.

You’ve brought up this topic once a week for weeks, when you had already made your point previously. Are you trying to find new followers / trying to start a cult?
Why are you so in infatuated with our club? It’s borderline stalker behaviour 🤣.

Last edited:
At the end of the day, the only excuse that Dogs fans could come up to explain the completely corrupt and biased umpiring that the dogs received ALL SEASON LONG was that they are more disciplined than other teams.

But where was this so called discipline during the GF when they turned to water on the national stage? So they're disciplined to not give away free kicks but not disciplined enough to not get blown out by 70 in a GF? So it's conditional discipline? Riiiigghhht. This is why people believe that the dogs are a pack of stagers led and taught by Bevo to duck, dive and flop at every opportunity.
Again, the brave and noble Demons received 16 less free kicks than those dirty cheating Bulldogs for the entire H&A season - less than one per round.

If the Dogs are floppers, stagers and divers, the Dees must be pretty close to being tarred with the same brush.

I’ll say this and one final time because it’s getting quite draining now and then I’m done with this pathetic thread.

1) I like Hunter as a player, a lot, but I hate his ducking. He’s a work horse for us and he doesn’t need to lower his body for a free kick. He’s fit and smart enough to not have to do it.. but in saying that, that’s on the umpires to control that part of the game.

2) If you really gave a shi* about the league and “equality”, you’d be starting a thread about why richmond were smashed in the free kick differential this year. +79 to us and -86 for the tigers. So they were actually WORSE OFF than us. Why no support for Richmond? The same posters don’t seem to want to mention this. There’s no correlation between winning free kicks and being successful. Richmond finished last in 2017 and won the flag. Weird that hey? So please, stop using this as a reason and just come out and say you don’t like Lachie Hunter and Cody Weightman. You’ll save everyone alot of time.

3) Our large free kick differential is due to our low free kicks against. So again, please stop saying we were favoured for free kicks for. We finished fourth for free kicks for. You’re now telling us to ignore stats. We don’t know why our free kick against is so low. We ask you the same question in return and nobody can answer without changing the subject. WE DONT KNOW. Ring the afl and ask them why our free kicks against are so low.

Here’s some nice stats for you:

418373C9-4FEC-458B-8741-668473BEC894.jpeg

Last edited:
I’ll say this and one final time because it’s getting quite draining now and then I’m done with this pathetic thread.

1) I like Hunter as a player, a lot, but I hate his ducking. He’s a work horse for us and he doesn’t need to lower his body for a free kick. He’s fit and smart enough to not have to do it.. but in saying that, that’s on the umpires to control that part of the game.

2) If you really gave a shi* about the league and “equality”, you’d be starting a thread about why richmond were smashed in the free kick differential this year. +79 to us and -86 for the tigers. So they were actually WORSE OFF than us. Why no support for Richmond? The same posters don’t seem to want to mention this. There’s no correlation between winning free kicks and being successful. Richmond finished last in 2017 and won the flag. Weird that hey? So please, stop using this as a reason and just come out and say you don’t like Lachie Hunter and Cody Weightman. You’ll save everyone alot of time.

3) Our large free kick differential is due to our low free kicks against. So again, please stop saying we were favoured for free kicks for. We finished fourth for free kicks for. You’re now telling us to ignore stats. We don’t know why our free kick against is so low. We ask you the same question in return and nobody can answer without changing the subject. WE DONT KNOW. Ring the afl and ask them why our free kicks against are so low.

Here’s some nice stats for you:

View attachment 1258861
I'm not just referring to free kicks for though. Also free kicks against. There was a period of about 5 weeks that Bontempelli wasn't getting called for holding the ball when he would drop it after having clear prior. After a few weeks, there was a bit of noise starting to accumulate on the call back radio stations as well as Internet forums etc. and it wasn't until that Redman decision where people really fired up about it that surprise surprise the following week Bont got called for 2 holding the balls in the first 10 mins and since then the umpires were clearly across not favouring Bontempelli anymore. This was 100% due to the noise that was created by people like myself. I don't care what anyone says about that Redman decision, any player whose name isn't Marcus Bontempelli gets called for holding the ball and only Bont would've got the push in the back decision. It showed that the umps held off the whistle to find a way to give him a free kick. Subconsciously or not.

I'm not just referring to free kicks for though. Also free kicks against. There was a period of about 5 weeks that Bontempelli wasn't getting called for holding the ball when he would drop it after having clear prior. After a few weeks, there was a bit of noise starting to accumulate on the call back radio stations as well as Internet forums etc. and it wasn't until that Redman decision where people really fired up about it that surprise surprise the following week Bont got called for 2 holding the balls in the first 10 mins and since then the umpires were clearly across not favouring Bontempelli anymore. This was 100% due to the noise that was created by people like myself. I don't care what anyone says about that Redman decision, any player whose name isn't Marcus Bontempelli gets called for holding the ball and only Bont would've got the push in the back decision. It showed that the umps held off the whistle to find a way to give him a free kick. Subconsciously or not.
Do you ever bother to check stats before you post this sort of stuff?
Bontempelli had the 29th most frees paid against him of any player in the competition - more than any Melbourne player not named Clayton Oliver.

Bontempelli had the 29th most frees paid against him of any player in the competition - more than any Melbourne player not named Clayton Oliver.
Put him on ignore. He offers nothing new. Probably another account run by that weird "Saints" fan there are a few of them, Lavender etc

Was gonna say, pretty sure Bont gives away a lot of free kicks, I feel like I get annoyed about it most weeks 🤣
In 9 games he gave away 3+ Free kicks away. 2-3 weeks before the bombers game he gave 5 away against the Suns and 3 against the demons. Yikes- big numbers for someone the umpires “favour”.

Last edited:

Ok cool, but what about the poor tigers? Lowest in the league for both free kicks for and against. If +79 blows people away, why doesn’t -86?
Some insane stats there but nobody wants to touch on them. Weird.

F4403706-37E3-46B3-85E3-76497B3E8037.jpeg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah cool. doesn't show all the free kicks not paid...

Have a fun pre-season with bevo getting Weightman, Macrae, Hunter, Mclean in early for some ducking practice. :) Is it hard to follow a team that has so many of them. I mean the dees have 1 but to be trained that way and take pride in it is a whole new level. It's a little sad really.

Yeah cool. doesn't show all the free kicks not paid...

Have a fun pre-season with bevo getting Weightman, Macrae, Hunter, Mclean in early for some ducking practice. :) Is it hard to follow a team that has so many of them. I mean the dees have 1 but to be trained that way and take pride in it is a whole new level. It's a little sad really.

Lol so now it’s about the frees missed. How predictable after you just got your ass handed to you above. First we duck too much and get frees.. now they miss them. Not sure you can even keep track of your own arguments.
If you wanted equality in the competition you’d be equally annoyed about Richmonds free kick count. But you don’t mention them because you are solely focused on one club. You’ve lost all credibility.
It’s equally sad that you have continued to post about it on a weekly basis. It’s either a weird addiction or youre just a strange troll.

Please stop quoting me troll.

Last edited:
Again, the brave and noble Demons received 16 less free kicks than those dirty cheating Bulldogs for the entire H&A season - less than one per round.

If the Dogs are floppers, stagers and divers, the Dees must be pretty close to being tarred with the same brush.
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again stop disregarding the free kick differential. Individual games are umpired different so total free kicks is irrelevant.

Would love some stats on the doggies win-loss ratio when they don’t win the frees vs when they do win the frees.

i must say I was shocked watching the grannie, very disappointed Stevic didn’t step up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back