Analysis The Bushranger's Hanky: Mid-Season Review

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 25, 2005
Grogansville
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Child's play
Anyone noticed how Daniel Rich has incredibly short arms? He Looks like a giant baby.

Fangs
Has Blake Acres had his teeth whitened since moving to Freo?

Sue the AFL
The young Adelaide bloke wouldn't have been concussed if Burgoyne was rubbed out. He should sue the AFL for negligence and creating a unsafe workplace. AFL players know they'e allowed to sling tackle, and allowed to bump high - as long as they don't concuss the bloke. So where's the incentive not to hurt a guy by dumping him into the turf? You can hurt, give away a free - but that's it. In fact, I'd be asking my lawyers to consider my options in terms of Michael Christian being accountable for facilitating my concussion.

Just mind boggling stupidity by the AFL to allow this. Honestly, it's beyond comprehension that they tell everyone 'the head is sacrosanct' - but then let guys sling tackle a bloke's head into the ground. If the head is sacrosanct - then you don't allow a dangerous action. Its like letting your kids play with matches and only telling them off once they burn the house down.

I'm literally mashing the keyboard and shaking my head in disbelief at how horrendously stupid these people are.

Flog City
What's with players prentending that they're tired and hunching over when they know the camera is on them - and pulling down on their shorts to flex their triceps? Come on fellas. We know what you're doing. It's the AFL equivalent of a duck face selfie.

Disappointing
Really disappointed that the 'go-to' celebration of AFL players remains the 'high ten' to their teammates. It's so lame. Come on man, you've had years to come up with something better yet you all pull the same s**t after every goal every week. WTF?

Creepers
No, I'm not talking about Richmond players dishing out free prostate tests in the club rooms - I'm talking about players creeping over the mark at ALMOST EVERY SINGLE TIME!! Why, my I ask, do you cop a 50 for 'encroaching on the protected zone' which is largely ineffective - yet you can steal 1-2m every time the guy takes a mark? That actually holds them up and stops them playing on. It's actually a big disadvantage to the attacking team. Hawthorn are the kings of this. Why don't they start pinging them (and everyone else) for it? Would speed the game up instantly.

Woeful
Speaking of which - what is worse, umpires 'not seeing it'? Or the umpire getting it wrong. Pittonet got whacked in the eye last week, and spends 10 mins on the bench. Yet no 'High Contact' free was paid. I thought the head was sacrosanct? Did the ump just not see it? Or did he get the call wrong? I sometimes wonder which is worse.

Further Woefulness
Saw Zac Jones get almost concussed by a Suns player on Thursday - then get done for Holding the Ball. The umpire comes running in a condescending way and yells at him that he didn't make an attempt. Luckily he was extremely groggy from the whack to the head, otherwise he may have said "* you you idiot! How can I make an attempt when I'm borderline unconscious??!"

Yet More Woe
Bulldogs staging is sickening. Come on guys, WTF? You're embarrassing yourselves and your club. I'd go as far as to say that this plays a big role in the s**t standard of umpiring. It's actually pathetic.

So Lonely
How does Dusty somehow get one on ones in the F50 all the time? Everyone knows he's pushing forward. Everyone. Yet he manages somehow to get isolation. Weird.

Dwight Howard
Sam Reid has a pinhead. His deltoids are literally bigger than his head.

Fan Forum Gold
Shout out to BomberBlitz for being the clubhouse leader at the half way mark for The Best Fan Forum Comment Award:

Some Essendon Diehard: Anything less than a top 5 pick this year, will equal a failed season

Some other Diehard: And do what with it? If we still have Dodo by then you can guarantee it’d be spunked against the wall...

Gold. Classic stuff fellas.

Bad to Worse
Is that Daniel Jackson in the Coles ad asking "What's for dinner?" over his missus' shoulder? Gee. He may have been watching too many Bulldogs games recently....'cause that acting is not great.

The Heart Breaker
Dom 'the Heart Breaker' Sheed is just a gun. Honestly, he's a pretty mediocre player really - but his ability to gut opposition supporters of their hopes and dreams is pretty much second to none.
He's a poster boy for all the receding guys out there too that once you lose your hair - you're not done with. He's actually got better as he's gotten balder. Life goes on after all fellas.

Last edited:
tenor.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back