Media The Butterfly Effect of The nWo and Spookism's Tears

Remove this Banner Ad

Intro to the nWo
ezgif-6-1720a78a96bc.gif
Throughout history, there are seemingly innocuous moments that would turn out to have wide-reaching ramifications on how the future unfolds. As we progress through a historic 30th season in the SFA. I want to take a moment to reflect upon the past 10 seasons and how exactly the league came to its current state. After considering all the major events that have occurred in the league from S21 to S30, it really didn't take long to find that many of the biggest things to happen can be traced back to a single point in time. If you've been in the SFA for 2-3 seasons, the chances are you may have heard about the infamous nWo at some point in time. It was a plan hatched by The Filth Wizard to recruit a bunch of inactive hasbeens to the Dragons and pretend to be wrestlers, but little did anyone know back then, the gimmick would set off a sequence of events that have rippling effects across the next 10 seasons.

Part 1: The nWo and the immediate aftermath (S18 to S20)

For anyone unfamiliar with the turn of events before and immediately after, here's a diagram to provide a basic summary.

Presentation1.png

Those who wish to read the original threads to get the full picture can find them here:

Filth announcing his band of inactives + Noobz and Hate

Spookism's self-excoriating resignation

As we can see, numerous prominent names in the SFA were either directly or indirectly involved in this saga including The Filth Wizard, Noobz0r and Hate who were a part of the nWo Dragons. spookism who was captain of the struggling Alberton Swamprats at the time and got betrayed by Noobz. ClarkeM who helped recruit for spooks after spookism's despairing thread and Millky95, Kennedy Parker and Ant Bear who became active posters in the SFA as a subsequent result of ClarkeM's recruitment.

Just from observing this series of events, a few direct consequences of the nWo arc can be established:
  • It set up Hate to be a committee member and an unofficial protege of admin-in-waiting The Filth Wizard
  • Millky95 and Kennedy Parker would not have found the league had spookism not sooked it up
  • Ant Bear would have continued to be an inactive without the presence of M95 and KP at the Rats
These would have further implications for the league that would significantly shape how the S21 to S30 would play out. Over the next few days, I'll go through the timeline and explore how each of the above nWo consequences have affected some major events in the SFA.

Throughout history, there are seemingly innocuous moments that would turn out to have wide-reaching ramifications on how the future unfolds. As we progress through a historic 30th season in the SFA. I want to take a moment to reflect upon the past 10 seasons and how exactly the league came to its current state. After considering all the major events that have occurred in the league from S21 to S30, it really didn't take long to find that many of the biggest things to happen can be traced back to a single point in time. If you've been in the SFA for 2-3 seasons, the chances are you may have heard about the infamous nWo at some point in time. It was a plan hatched by The Filth Wizard to recruit a bunch of inactive hasbeens to the Dragons and pretend to be wrestlers, but little did anyone know back then, the gimmick would set off a sequence of events that have rippling effects across the next 10 seasons.

Part 1: The nWo and the immediate aftermath (S18 to S20)

For anyone unfamiliar with the turn of events before and immediately after, here's a diagram to provide a basic summary.

View attachment 996137

Those who wish to read the original threads to get the full picture can find them here:

Filth announcing his band of inactives + Noobz and Hate

Spookism's self-excoriating resignation

As we can see, numerous prominent names in the SFA were either directly or indirectly involved in this saga including The Filth Wizard, Noobz0r and Hate who were a part of the nWo Dragons. spookism who was captain of the struggling Alberton Swamprats at the time and got betrayed by Noobz. ClarkeM who helped recruit for spooks after spookism's despairing thread and Millky95, Kennedy Parker and Ant Bear who became active posters in the SFA as a subsequent result of ClarkeM's recruitment.

Just from observing this series of events, a few direct consequences of the nWo arc can be established:
  • It set up Hate to be a committee member and an unofficial protege of admin-in-waiting The Filth Wizard
  • Millky95 and Kennedy Parker would not have found the league had spookism not sooked it up
  • Ant Bear would have continued to be an inactive without the presence of M95 and KP at the Rats
These would have further implications for the league that would significantly shape how the S21 to S30 would play out. Over the next few days, I'll go through the timeline and explore how each of the above nWo consequences have affected some major events in the SFA.

If someone can sum this up for me in a sentence or two you'll get a like :thumbsu:

If someone can sum this up for me in a sentence or two you'll get a like :thumbsu:

Lame wrestling gimmick brings kayfabe storylines to league and changes emphasis on persona while lighting a spark under a couple of struggling clubs and making spookism cry.

Nerd stuff, basically.

Lame wrestling gimmick brings kayfabe storylines to league and changes emphasis on persona while lighting a spark under a couple of struggling clubs and making spookism cry.

Nerd stuff, basically.

I love wrestling, it's not nerdy.

TY too :thumbsu:

Heel turns are the best.

I might try my hand at turning league heel one day.

You should join the Bombers. This whole period blazed the trail for them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's the reason my Avatar is normally this...

tenor.gif

It's the reason my Avatar is normally this...

tenor.gif

I figured you were just a fan of actor David Tennant. He's quite handsome, in an ugly sort of way.

Noobz0r: Do you like The Dragons?

spookism: They're OK.

Noobz0r: Their early work was a little too new wave for my tastes, but when The Filth Wizard joined in Season 16, I think they really came into their own, commercially and artistically. The Filth Wizard had a clear, crisp posting style, and a sheen of consummate professionalism that really gives his teammates a big boost. He's been compared to Wise Guy Sam, but I think Filthy has a far more bitter, cynical sense of humor.

spookism: Uhh, Noobz, why are there copies of PMs from The Filth Wizard all over your living room?

Noobz0r: Well, in Season 19, Filthy is forming this:

s.png

-- the nWo, his most accomplished Sweet FA undertaking to date and I think wrestling's undisputed masterpiece. A gimmick so old, most active posters probably don't remember it. But they should, because it's not just about the pleasures of betrayal, and the importance of feuds, it's also a personal statement about sports itself.

Hey, spook!

///

TRY CAPTAINING THE CLUB AT ALBERTON NOW, YOU ******* STUPID BASTARD!

~~~~~~

Anyway. That's how spookism recalls it.

Noobz0r: Do you like The Dragons?

spookism: They're OK.

Noobz0r: Their early work was a little too new wave for my tastes, but when The Filth Wizard joined in Season 16, I think they really came into their own, commercially and artistically. The Filth Wizard had a clear, crisp posting style, and a sheen of consummate professionalism that really gives his teammates a big boost. He's been compared to Wise Guy Sam, but I think Filthy has a far more bitter, cynical sense of humor.

spookism: Uhh, Noobz, why are there copies of PMs from The Filth Wizard all over your living room?

Noobz0r: Well, in Season 19, Filthy is forming this:

View attachment 996921

-- the nWo, his most accomplished Sweet FA undertaking to date and I think wrestling's undisputed masterpiece. A gimmick so old, most active posters probably don't remember it. But they should, because it's not just about the pleasures of betrayal, and the importance of feuds, it's also a personal statement about sports itself.

Hey, spook!

///

TRY CAPTAINING THE CLUB AT ALBERTON NOW, YOU ******* STUPID BASTARD!

~~~~~~

Anyway. That's how spookism recalls it.
manangatang, here is your POTW winner!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back